Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

kraft werks question.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
kraft werks question.......

I bought a kit for our fit, it is a brand new kit but not the update kit. Other than the diff diam pulley, what else is really diff?
When the high boost kit is avail it should replace everything from the update kit except for the pulley??

So, my question is should I have it updated if we plan on upgrading to high boost when avail? I have seen the dyno charts comparing update/old peak power seems to be the same just a shift in powerband. but I am just wondering should I go ahead and install and enjoy until we can go high boost..or send in for a update.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Send the supercharger out for the update before you do the install otherwise you'll be wasting your rotrex oil and have to uninstall and reinstall the rotrex unit once the upgrade comes out. Save yourself the hassle and send it out the first time. I believe the pulley change has to be done in house.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
just talked to someone at KraftWerks who said if I am going highboost and not to concerned about a diff powerband right now....install and enjoi....He explained that when the highboost kit is avail he thinks it takes yet another insert so we would have to send in again to go from update to highboost...which really would look more like
og--->update----->highboost. I think ill just wait for high boost then send off like he suggested.

?

Old 06-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Jesse
just talked to someone at KraftWerks who said if I am going highboost and not to concerned about a diff powerband right now....install and enjoi....He explained that when the highboost kit is avail he thinks it takes yet another insert so we would have to send in again to go from update to highboost...which really would look more like
og--->update----->highboost. I think ill just wait for high boost then send off like he suggested.

?
Who did you talk to here?

-Oscar Jr.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OJRKraftWerks
Who did you talk to here?

-Oscar Jr.
didnt catch his name,sorry.
was the info i was given incorrect?????

Old 06-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
No worries Jesse.

I cannot say much, but yes, the information you were given was incorrect. All of our High-Boost Fit information will be available shortly.

-Oscar Jr.

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 06-22-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
sighs, well thats no fun that the info was incorrect..The kit is 85% installed at this point.

Well when high boost is avail could we just send it in to update it around that time? I guess what im asking is, we should be ok with what we have for now and when high boost comes out-send it in for update and whatever else we need for highboost kit?

Old 06-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
How did you order a kit and get the old version? I don't think KW would be sending out old versions only to have customers return them for the upgrade that's already been available for a while now?

Old 06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
How did you order a kit and get the old version? I don't think KW would be sending out old versions only to have customers return them for the upgrade that's already been available for a while now?
it was bought last year. just been sitting here in the box.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Okay that makes sense. I guess the real question is how soon "shortly" is for the high boost.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:25 PM
The updated kit allows for the move to high boost by just removing the restrictor and installing the hondata / intercooler. Without the update you'll have to send in your rotrex, or get the pulley and install that yourself.

The other benefit of the update is that you'll have a powerband that is shifted down in to a much more useful range.

All in all, it's up to you. Since you've already installed the kit I'd just run with it. It probably wont be too much more work to install the new pulley than it will be to rip it apart now and send it in.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
well i just ran into a issue on the LAST FREAKING thing to install. the charge pipe that goes over to throttle body does not clear on a jdm car. wonderful. theres no way im cutting up a 2000 dollar hood either so its either custom charge pipe, or take the kit off. wow, no fun.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:38 PM
i love college
pics of the jdm fit! lol

umm.. custom pipe shouldnt be that bad.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
pics of the jdm fit! lol

umm.. custom pipe shouldnt be that bad.
well its bad bc we dont have a car to drive right now .... its been posted here before, its a usdm fit with full mugen conversion

Name:  my1.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  71.5 KB

Old 06-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Just remove the last bit of piping and run your old intake...

Or even just stick a cone filter on the TB, just temporarily. Even just pantyhose or a screen will be liveable till monday.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:24 AM
i love college
Originally Posted by Jesse
well its bad bc we dont have a car to drive right now .... its been posted here before, its a usdm fit with full mugen conversion

Old 06-21-2009, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
Just remove the last bit of piping and run your old intake...

Or even just stick a cone filter on the TB, just temporarily. Even just pantyhose or a screen will be liveable till monday.
well this is true but my concern is the supercharger...what would happen if it was just blowing into the atmosphere until i can find a shop who can redo the charge piping???????

Old 06-21-2009, 01:06 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
PMed you back with some options how to get it to work.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Chris,
thanks for the pm...this can get very interesting very fast. Yesterday I had found a small intercooler i had lying around. it just happens to fit on the driver side of engine compartment leading straight into the TB.
I also found some adel wiggings clamps needing a home..hmmmmmmm. what to do, what to do!

My fabricator said he could go around the backside of the engine with piping into the ic if i wanted.of course living down the street from polydyn would also mean i could reduce some heat with a trip to the coater.

now my questions are these....we all know a intercooler will rob some psi from a supercharger setup. so what is the most pressure we can get out of the c15-60? lets say i wanted a 12psi pulley bc i expect to loose 2psi from the ic. does jackson offer one?or does rotrex? at this point im just brainstorming.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
when will the high boost kit (10psi pulley + IC + hondata ?) be released?

Quick Reply: kraft werks question.......