Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

kraft werks question.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spooling
when will the high boost kit (10psi pulley + IC + hondata ?) be released?
Dont know but it would do me no good since i have a jdm front end with jdm core support. Chris's car i think has a usdm core support judging from the pictures i saw. The jdm core support moves hood latch back towards intake manifold making it impossible to run kraftwerks supplied charge pipe to tb. I DID get a 1.75" charge pipe to work but it STILL hits...my only option is either go around backside like Chris's old setup OR find another route like turbo guys do.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor
Are you sure it would be no good?

-Oscar Jr.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
are we hinting something here?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OJRKraftWerks
Are you sure it would be no good?

-Oscar Jr.
No,im not sure..i just assumed that it would follow the same route as the original design. If it doesnt then this will be wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just assumed that everything would work for me except the charge pipe(which is what i was reffering to when i said it would do me no good). I await pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with the 1.75" tubing i am using now i still gotta say i LOVE the kit. 10LBS will be sweet!

for anyone reading this who may be lost, it is my fault for not asking about fitment with jdm front end. i in no way blame anyone but myself!Kraftwerks has designed a very nice kit!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:29 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Dude i think its ur hood thats causing most of the issues. lnakano on the site has the kit on his car with JDM conversion and JDM core support. I didnt do the core support for fear something wouldnt fit.... but it does all work. But glad you were able to get that new charge pipe made up! You will be happy with the kit!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jesse
Chris,
thanks for the pm...this can get very interesting very fast. Yesterday I had found a small intercooler i had lying around. it just happens to fit on the driver side of engine compartment leading straight into the TB.
I also found some adel wiggings clamps needing a home..hmmmmmmm. what to do, what to do!

My fabricator said he could go around the backside of the engine with piping into the ic if i wanted.of course living down the street from polydyn would also mean i could reduce some heat with a trip to the coater.

now my questions are these....we all know a intercooler will rob some psi from a supercharger setup. so what is the most pressure we can get out of the c15-60? lets say i wanted a 12psi pulley bc i expect to loose 2psi from the ic. does jackson offer one?or does rotrex? at this point im just brainstorming.
i believe that rotrex is limited to only 10psi. if it is possible to get 12psi with the rotrex, i would like to know too

Old 06-23-2009, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by revd34
i believe that rotrex is limited to only 10psi. if it is possible to get 12psi with the rotrex, i would like to know too
I would also like to know how much boost it can make before exceding the rpm limit of the supercharger

maybe the jacksons can chime in but the guys here at my work who are big into atv's said its not uncommon for the atv guys to use a c15-60 at 12-15lbs. I am just curious what it will put out before trying to destroy itself. 10lbs is plenty for me. I dont expect the fit to be a race car, I have other cars for that.

Last edited by Jesse; 06-23-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
i wonder how fdast it spins at 10psi

Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
It spins the same as the 5 Lb. boost, which I think is about 150000 RPM and I read that it could turn 200000 RPM all day long. The only difference between the 5 and 10 LB. boost is the removable restriction fitting.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
An after thought. Wouldn't a smaller tube increase the boost pressure by compressing the volume of boost to the throttle body?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
It spins the same as the 5 Lb. boost, which I think is about 150000 RPM and I read that it could turn 200000 RPM all day long. The only difference between the 5 and 10 LB. boost is the removable restriction fitting.
oh yeah i copletely forgot. I wonder if it can hit 12lbs

Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
I have a feeling that there are people with smaller tubing than was supplied with the kit that can give you an affirmative answer to what you are wondering..... Now I'm wondering how much over 12Lb.s they are producing.... Will someone please spill the frijoles and let us in on your secret?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
An after thought. Wouldn't a smaller tube increase the boost pressure by compressing the volume of boost to the throttle body?
Not so much i see. I will double check but im using 1.75" tubing with the 5lb pulley.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
oh yeah i copletely forgot. I wonder if it can hit 12lbs
well vw guys say yes, atv guys say absolutely, I dont know though.the atv guys say they have seen 15+ lbs, just what they say though. i have no information first hand about this.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
When I think of that kind of pressure, water/methanol injection would seem to be a must, unless you were to lower the compression ratio.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:14 PM
You guys are falling into the PSI vs CFM trap.

If you push 300 CFM through a 2.5" tube on my civic, you get 4psi.

If you push 275 CFM through a 1.5" tube on my civic, you get somewhere around 7psi, but the same power.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
When I think of that kind of pressure, water/methanol injection would seem to be a must, unless you were to lower the compression ratio.
depends on a number of things...on my rsx i run a looooooot of boost. makes 590whp on bone stock motor(except fuel delivery). I have a huge front mount, no other injection. i have a rock solid tune which is what was most important.

pressure doesnt scare me much. its the lack of tuning that does.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by awptickes
You guys are falling into the PSI vs CFM trap.

If you push 300 CFM through a 2.5" tube on my civic, you get 4psi.

If you push 275 CFM through a 1.5" tube on my civic, you get somewhere around 7psi, but the same power.
I get it... An increase in pressure from smaller tubing still results in the same volume of air into the engine.... Maybe I don't get it. What you are saying is that you are moving less volume and making the same power..... Now I am really confused.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:41 PM
i love college
so youre saying we could get the 10 psi kit and with slightly larger tubing get ~ 8 psi (less stress on the engine) and make the same power?

Old 06-23-2009, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
so youre saying we could get the 10 psi kit and with slightly larger tubing get ~ 8 psi (less stress on the engine) and make the same power?
If that question was for me, thats not what im saying..Im saying that I know from experience that depending on the intercooler you can see a pressure drop. I have a few liquid to air intercoolers that see less than .25psi pressure drop and i have one on my rsx that looses 2lbs. so I was just asking "IF" the highboost kits see a drop, or if a custom setup does can we get a diff pulley to make up that pressure drop?

like if someone has a intercooler that looses 2psi can we get a 12lb pulley to actually let us see 10lbs before messing up the supercharger.The guys up here say they have seen a lot more than 12psi from a c15-60 but you cant always trust what people say. Id rather here from the people who made this kit for the fit- The Jacksons! I may not be making sense lol

Quick Reply: kraft werks question.......