Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Cat Delete/Headers on an A/T...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
i got T1R chamber intake, T1R response headers, and Apexi WSII axleback. butt dyno confirms that the car is more willing to pull from 3000 on up. i'm going to keep the b-pipe because a little backpressure for the fit is good for daily driving. don't do the cat-delete, the exhaust becomes too free flowing and lose some of that much needed mid-range torque. i have an MT BTW, the gears are shorter than the AT.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Fitftw
weird, could it be because the car was running lean with the header? did you have an exhaust too?

to the OP, i have intake, header, and axle back on my car for AT. butt dyno definately tells me it's quicker but i doubt its by much though.
Hmm, what headers do you have?

im thinking to go with either Aspec to match my exhaust or go with Megan...

not sure how to go about it...

Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member

Seems to be working awesome for me.

but then again I'm running 5 PSI of KraftWerks goodness under the hood.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
megan makes a good header.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 AM
actually

Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
you spelled SITE wrong
I spelled sight right I just used the wrong site. so from now on I will be looking down my sight at you.
get it baby g

Old 06-17-2009, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
I was on the weapon R site looking at the race header.
Makes 15.4Hp and 11.7TQ with JUST THE HEADER
That is what the site said

I wouldn't mind having the extra hp and torque.

Joe

Old 06-17-2009, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeF
I was on the weapon R site looking at the race header.
Makes 15.4Hp and 11.7TQ with JUST THE HEADER
That is what the site said

I wouldn't mind having the extra hp and torque.

Joe

hmmm....right. i seriously doubt that.

even MUGENS own header only claims a 5% increase in power, i seriously doubt weapon r is going to do much better.

personally if you are just going to go the header route, soemthing from j's or mugen would be the only things on my short list. they have been messing with the l15 for much longer than any other tuner has been.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
it is the race header though while i think the mugen and all other ones out there are only 'regular' headers that don't delete the cat and all that. most people who bought them seem to be really happy with the gains it's just the fitment was really crappy.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitftw
it is the race header though while i think the mugen and all other ones out there are only 'regular' headers that don't delete the cat and all that. most people who bought them seem to be really happy with the gains it's just the fitment was really crappy.

ah i see. but usually replacing the header doesn't include a cat delete, even it it claims to be 'race spec'. (do they even have real race expericence? i dunno.)

at any rate, even deleting the cat has proven to only give minmal gains, at least not enough to justify the extra pollution. (i hear the gathering of pitchforks and the chants of 'tree hugger!' lol)

but anyway i'm glad folks are happy with it, i wouldnt be with the bad fitment though...i dont care what gains i got.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah " race headers" im not looking for all that. Just something that provides a little more pep...

Anyone running the aspec? How is fitment and driving performance compared to prior installation. Im asking because im looking to have all my exhaust products match...

What the difficulty on a header install....?

Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 AM
From what i've seen the A-Spec gives minimal gain at something like 5500Rpm and Up! I'm not sold to DC Sports or T1R but i would take any header that increases Torque in almost all part of the powerband before one that would give minor gains in the upper revs... and even more if your car is AT! Don't be fooled by the 1HP gain of the T1R Vs, the 5Hp gain of the A-Spec... Look at the fat midrange gains where it matter most for an AT!

Plus, you won't have more gains with a A-Spec Header because you have a A-Spec Axleback... it's not like the Axleback was made to be absolutely used with that particular Header...

T1R...

A-Spec

Just so you know!!

As for the test pipe, it will give a gain for sure with proper tuning!! I know no Formula one, IRL or Nascar car that use Catalytic Converters!!

Marko!

P.S. Don't get me wrong, i'm not bitchin on A-Spec! As a matter of facts i'm gonna buy their Axleback soon... but i think there are better header for the Fit!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 08-04-2009 at 02:53 AM.