Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

A little back pressure; testing combinations

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
ha! thats awesome. keep me updated please!

Old 06-06-2009, 08:51 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
So a little less 'backpressure' seems to have done the trick! It will be interesting to see what the dyno says.

I don't know if good results would be enough to get me to 'go big' from end to end though. I was in a friend's Fit the other day, and he has a loudish exhaust, and I swear it was louder inside the car than it was outside the car. My commute is too long to put up with that for very long.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah I guess the moral here is either go full bore the whole way through or try to maintain some backpressure at the exhuast if you still run a cat.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:16 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Quick update. I'm seeing a 1mpg improvement in fuel economy with the T1R Response header and T1R midpipe combined with stock cat and muffler. I also definitely notice better mid-throttle, mid-RPM response. For example I can maintain speed on hills with less throttle opening (according to the TPS readout on my ScanGauge), and the car generally feels a little peppier in daily driving. I don't rev the car to redline and I rarely use full throttle, so the combination seems to be a good match for my style of driving.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
So I lied... sound levels of the silencer are reduced by quite a bit even with no cat. I put it back in today.

Power gains reduced slightly off the line compared to wide open, but overall more available than the stock muffler.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I did read the whole tread carefully and i have a question to ask! First of all, my last 2 cars were a DOHC Neon with a 200HP engine in it and a Mazda 626 V6 with a Manual tranny... Both were torque monsters compared to the Fit and both were manuals!! Now that i have the Fit i enjoy the fuel economy, the roomy interior, etc but there's also a problem! With 1.5l of Honda Micro Power, the ATX tranny is downshifting everytime there is a hill ahead!! Would a good Air Intake and Header help torque enough so it would downshift less often or just on the biggest hills at least? That's because there is at least one place were i pass everydays that makes the car rev to the moon (past 5k) to be able to run at 60mph and, sometimes, it just get too much attention from Johnny Law too...

Marko!

Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
I am not sure about the automatic transmission in the Fit, but all of others that I've owned or worked on, down shift when there is a drop in vacuum, and freeing up the intake or exhaust might just make things worse. You may have a vacuum leak or a bad transmission modulator valve..... If you are using regular fuel or fuel with a large amount of ethanol your timing will not advance as far as with a good brand of premium and your throttle will need to open further to make power and result in a loss of manifold vacuum and cause the transmission to down shift early and not shift up until the throttle is closed enough for the vacuum to build.....Have you ever changed the transmission fluid and filter? ... A dirty filter will do the same and even shift up and down on a flat road at steady throttle settings.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Well the car has 32 000km on it, the fluid is ok and i forgot to say that it did it even the day i got it!! :P

Marko!!