Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

J's Racing FX 50RS Titanium

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 PM
J's Racing FX 50RS Titanium

I plan on ordering the j's axleback from ajr for my ge8 but i just wanted some final info about it. I've searched the forums and read as much as i could and seen all the youtube clips i could find but I'm still not so sure about the loudness. I love the look of the j's titanium and like the sound clips i've heard. but some people have said that its very loud, however i've also heard the spoon n1 is just as loud or louder. so my question is without headers or a b pipe, just the axleback is it really going to be that loud? thanks

Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 PM
i already try the J's
and it is not too loud if you not change the headers ( in GE the the headers cant be change, you can change the downpipe only) or the B-Pipe...
it come very loud if you change all of your pipe....
sounds like race car

and you can buy the additional silencer....

thanks

Old 05-10-2009, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
"Loud" is a matter of opinion...

I run a J's Header, Megan Testpipe, J's B-Pipe, and used to own a J's Axleback. Way too loud for my 36 year old ears!

Reinstalling the cats would tone it down but that's NOT an option for me so I went with an A'pexi WS II axleback and that was much more acceptable.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:59 PM
almost bought the j's for mine, i just didn't want to wait 8 weeks. they build them from scratch 1 by one + delivery from j-pan, it's loud but not nearly as loud as the j's RR. that thing is like not having a muffler at all

Old 05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
I have a J's installed on my GD and when I first ran it I ran only the axleback. It sounded barely louder than stock on the acceleration side. It was actually louder on the decel.

I have since upgraded to custom madrel bent catback and it is now louder on the accel side but it is a deep tone. Not raspy or obnoxious at all. It's totally managable IMO. I will be installing a weapon r race header on Friday so I will be able to give you an update after that.

If it helps give any idea, I can still hear my intake tone on top of the exhaust when at full song. Something that I haven't had on any of my previous cars.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
I run a J's Header, Megan Testpipe, J's B-Pipe, and used to own a J's Axleback. Way too loud for my 36 year old ears!

Reinstalling the cats would tone it down but that's NOT an option for me so I went with an A'pexi WS II axleback and that was much more acceptable.
you could quiet down the car a lot and i do mean A LOT if you got a different b-pipe (something with a resinator). if you want to quiet down a little i would love to trade my T1R b-pipe for your j's racing b-pipe (plus cash on my side of course)

Old 05-12-2009, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by revd34
you could quiet down the car a lot and i do mean A LOT if you got a different b-pipe (something with a resinator). if you want to quiet down a little i would love to trade my T1R b-pipe for your j's racing b-pipe (plus cash on my side of course)
Tried it already. I attempted a Megan B-Pipe and it didn't quiet it down much significantly. I'm staying with the J's B-Pipe....I get a kick out of telling people my B-pipe costs more than most people's complete cat back exhausts!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
wow i really thought changing the b-pipe really would help. oh well i guess that means i have to shell out for a new one.

i know exactly how you feel though. i have the j's racing cat-delete and it cost more than some people cat-back exhaust

Old 05-12-2009, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
woot for J's racing ballar status bling lol we must be crazy..........

Old 05-18-2009, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
So, now that I have a race header installed I must retract my previous statements somewhat.

This car gets racecar loud with a wide open exhaust. It sounds really good but it does get loud. The tone stays deep in the lower rpm range but after about 3800-4000 rpm it opens up and it sounds like like the J's Fit you see in videos.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
Tried it already. I attempted a Megan B-Pipe and it didn't quiet it down much significantly. I'm staying with the J's B-Pipe....I get a kick out of telling people my B-pipe costs more than most people's complete cat back exhausts!
lol, i have the megan down pipe with a resonator and b-pipe, its a lil quieter... untill you go over 5000rpm hells breaks loose lol

Old 05-19-2009, 06:15 AM
i have J's full catback exhaust system.
its ok for the sound i heard louder before.
and trust me! IT WEIGHS BARELY ANYTHING!
and just love that blue tip of that titanium.... (drool....)
man ur gonna love J's>!!!!
makes u wanting to keep stepping on the gas pedal! ^.^