Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Monitor / Tune your car with Iphone

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Monitor / Tune your car with Iphone

OK i am not sure about ur Iphone, but mine is pretty slow and very unstable....i am not sure how it would go while trying to tune a car with it but seems like Innovate Motorsport has came up with a device which you can plug your iphone into and use the iphone as a monitoring device, sounds cool...i hope it charges the phone at the same time too cuz my battery doesn't like too long. ... lol

here's the low down ----->

OT-2 “OpenTune” Interface
Coming in March 2009

The OT-2 is an OBD-II vehicle interface for Apple TM iPhone TM or iPod Touch TM and includes software performance computer, efficiency calculator, and advanced diagnostics

The Innovate Motorsports’ OT-2 “OpenTune” interface provides a link between any late-model cars or trucks and an Apple TM iPhone TM or iPod Touch TM. The OpenTune interface allows high-quality data display, logging, and analysis from any vehicle made since 1996, and integrates with Innovate air/fuel meters and other modular tuning components. The LogWorks Mobile TM software, available from the Apple TM online app store, is a full-function performance meter, even without the option OT-2 OBD-II interface.
Car computers these days are connected to hundreds of sophisticated sensors. The OT-2 allows you to “open” any car’s computer, and directly see what these sensors are measuring. Users can select multiple channels from hundreds of available parameters, and log the data up to 12 times per second. Users can also record many conditions, states, and codes as “status” channels, and reset check engine lights and other trouble codes.

Features:
  • OBD-II interface for any late model car- ISO 15765 (CAN), J1850 (Ford, GM), ISO 9141, and ISO 14230 (kwp2000)
  • Wi-Fi communication from OT-2 Interface to Apple TM iPhone TM or iPod Touch TM
  • Compatible with all Innovate MTS (Modular Tuning System) devices, including LC-1 “Lambda Cable” Air/Fuel Ratio sensor controller, LM-2 Air/Fuel Ratio meter with analog inputs, TC-4 4-channel thermocouple interface, and more.
  • LogWorks Mobile TM software (a FREE application available on the Apple app store) features the following functionality:
  • Performance Meter – 0-60 acceleration, HP calculation, Lateral G’s, Timer (1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, and more.)
  • Efficiency Meter - Interactive efficiency calculator (MPG, GPM, and AES) Advanced Diagnostics – Record and analyze critical vehicle parameters. Read and clear DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes). OT-2 required. Performance and Efficiency functions work without OT-2, however data quality and accuracy is dramatically better when utilizing the OT-2.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Is kind of a neat product. I would say because it is just a display it should be fine. The real processing is being done by the hub (I think).

I know with the LM-2 kit I have you have to keep the sensor powered up (so hooked up to the LM-2 unit) while the car is running. I wonder if this system will allow you to unhook your phone but keep the sensor powered up so it doesn't wreck the sensor?

EDIT: It must if it is WiFi.... ok cool You should get it Felix!

Now, if they only had this for BlackBerry!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Is kind of a neat product. I know with the LM-2 kit I have you have to keep the sensor powered up (so hooked up to the LM-2 unit) while the car is running. I wonder if this system will allow you to unhook your phone but keep the sensor powered up so it doesn't wreck the sensor?

yeah that's true....if the sensor is unplug, while the car is on... it will ruin the sensor...i tried that before !! .... do let that be a lesson learned.....
this case i think YOU don't have to keep it plugged at all times because it is controlled through OT2 unit, the Iphone is just a displaying device ....
but since my iphone is so slow....and crashes all the time on me...i don't think this method can be trusted.... lol
btw u have the LM2....how is it ?
i have XD 16 and i LOVE it..it is SO small, you can hide it any where !.. !

Old 03-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Is a good unit so far, I had it hooked up briefly when we were checking out the AF to see if they were ok when we installed the swapped WR manifold and header.

I like that you can just screw in the sensor, run a wire into the car through the side door and then plug the LM-2 unit into the lighter socket for power. Then pull it out when we were finished instead of hard wiring everything in.

We have really just touched on the basics of what it can do. It has an OBD2 scanner & SD card logging capabilities which can pull the AF and RPM onto a graph using the provided software. Theoretically we can probably tune the car with better accuracy than street tuning without ever putting it on the dyno.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:52 AM
5 Year Member
does the lm2 show short and long term fuel trims?