Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon R (One Piece) Race Header

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Weapon R (One Piece) Race Header

Hey guys/gals,

So when I was swapping out my intake manifold recently for the redesigned one WR also talked me into picking up one of the race headers.

I know in the past people have had issues with fitment, clearance and leaking, but the design has been tweaked since. I have to admit, I was hesitant, but I have had a pretty good working relationship with WR for about a year now and been very satisfied with their customer service. So I bit the bullet and signed up.

Anyway, onto the review;

Initial Impressions:
When I received the product I was pretty taken back, it is very well constructed with top notch welds and bungs. It eliminates the cat & has a flex pipe at the end. Is a very nice looking product!

Installation:
Before installation I had an additional bung added onto the header at this location for use with a wideband sensor.

Let me start by saying the installation of this header is not an easy task, because it is one piece it is requires to be installed from the bottom of the car. We had to jack the car up as high as the stands could safely go, then drop the sub-frame down and remove the heat shield. We also removed the stock header bracket and the coils at the back of the engine for additional access. It took at least an hour of trying to wiggle it into position! One of the most challenging things was getting the proper alignment for the header bolts, lots of tightening and tightening, backing it off and tightening it up... hours of it!

Anyway, once everything finally starting going back together it fit pretty well. My only complaint is it pushes the B-pipe back about an inch more than it should be.

No rattles, no banging, no leaking thus far. It provides a much different sound to the car, but not too noisy. I was prepared for a honking noise, but it sounded pretty good with a decent tone and no droning noise at highway speeds.

The biggest change was in the low power, I could feel a change right away.

I will note my AFR's are pretty wild though, I need to put some time in for tuning.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
One of the most challenging things was getting the proper alignment for the header bolts, lots of tightening and tightening, backing it off and tightening it up... hours of it!
What did you mean by this?

Glad it doesnt leak or hit anything.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.

True but it still doesnt fit correctly. It still amazes me that a company could bring the product back for a SECOND modification to make it not rub or leak, yet still make it fit poorly. How hard would it be to move the jig at the end back an inch to make it fit?

It made good power but, just imagine if a company went threw actuall R&D to tune each length and make it fit correctly. THAT would make real power

Last edited by SHG_Mike; 03-01-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
What did you mean by this?

Sorry, I skipped some details...

When we pulled the header out the studs came out with the nuts, so basically we were blind when we were guiding it back on. The header is all one piece so it is really difficult to line it up, it would have been much easier if the studs had stayed in the block!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
True but it still doesnt fit correctly. It still amazes me that a company could bring the product back for a SECOND modification to make it not rub or leak, yet still make it fit poorly. How hard would it be to move the jig at the end back an inch to make it fit?

It made good power but, just imagine if a company went threw actuall R&D to tune each length and make it fit correctly. THAT would make real power
I wouldn't say that it does not fit correctly, it was just hard to install. Considering the huge length I would say the tolerances are not bad.

I have a feeling this is going to do well on the dyno

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-01-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
So is all the problem fix?? I'm looking for one for my AT Fit, and I know the beginning product has a problem with the AT. Are they selling the Ver. 2 now?? Can you provide more infomation??

Where I can order?? and who I should talk with before I order to make sure everything is right??

Old 04-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I am not sure if the AT has issues or not, I know that bulky tranny gets in the way of most CAI's, but no idea if that can also impact the clearance available on the backside of the engine area.

In any case your best bet is to talk to Leo!!