Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Who is using the weapon-r race header?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam21
It's like a nightmare that keeps coming back.....

hahaha...

any updates??

Old 03-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I have had it in for about two weeks now, there is some lower end improvement over the T1R responce header I had before, but also the noise level has increased signifigantly. I would guess anybody who elliminates the CAT either with this header or a test pipe should expect that anyway.

It was difficult to install, a lot of work is required because it is a one piece now.

However once everything slid into place and it was all said and done there are no issues. The CEL elliminator is doing it's job, no banging or rattling of any kind, I put it on jacks and checked carefully for leaks with MR_ET a few days after the install, no leaks to report.

I have some new wheels coming in about two weeks or so, I plan to put the car on the dyno again and see what kind of results I end up with this go around.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I have had it in for about two weeks now, there is some lower end improvement over the T1R responce header I had before, but also the noise level has increased signifigantly. I would guess anybody who elliminates the CAT either with this header or a test pipe should expect that anyway.

It was difficult to install, a lot of work is required because it is a one piece now.

However once everything slid into place and it was all said and done there are no issues. The CEL elliminator is doing it's job, no banging or rattling of any kind, I put it on jacks and checked carefully for leaks with MR_ET a few days after the install, no leaks to report.

I have some new wheels coming in about two weeks or so, I plan to put the car on the dyno again and see what kind of results I end up with this go around.
ooh aiite cool cool.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I put it on jacks and checked carefully for leaks with MR_ET a few days after the install, no leaks to report.
What's the stuff you checked for leaks and how does it work? I'd like to check my exhaust because I have a suspicious of a leak...

Thanks man!

EDIT: Okay, so I just realized MR_ET is a member... so, scratch that. But, what's a good way to check leaks anyway?

Old 03-16-2009, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Is it normal with any sort of cat delete to have fuel condensing elsewhere in the exhaust? When I removed my muffler I had some dribbling of gas around the donut gasket.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
What's the stuff you checked for leaks and how does it work? I'd like to check my exhaust because I have a suspicious of a leak...

Thanks man!

EDIT: Okay, so I just realized MR_ET is a member... so, scratch that. But, what's a good way to check leaks anyway?
hehe, MR_ET makes a great exhuast leak detector

Old 03-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I just use my hand to check for leaks. Start the car and hold your hand over areas where the pipes meet each other.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I thought I had a leak at first, but it was just the smell of the new exhuast. It went away after a few days.

Originally Posted by sevenaprils
Is it normal with any sort of cat delete to have fuel condensing elsewhere in the exhaust? When I removed my muffler I had some dribbling of gas around the donut gasket.
I see a lot of cars with the fuel drip, I think it is pretty normal. Maybe have a shop check your AFR with a wideband, if the fuel is too rich you could end up with unburnt fuel condensing near the cooler parts of the exhuast.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
I used a piece of paper and put it next to any flange,and if theres a leak the paper would move back and fourth

Old 03-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Im thinking about running the weapon-r race header once I get my KWSC installed.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 AM
try grabbing a spray bottle of soapy water and spray the suspicious spots, while the cars still cold of course. look for bubbles.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Those welds don't look that great.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Those welds couldnt be any stronger.