Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Street Header Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Street Header Comparison

Anyone running an Aspec Street Header out there on a Honda Fit? I've narrowed my choice down to Aspec or Weapon R street header, but I keep reading on the forum that Weapon R has fitment issues and looking at both dyno comparisons, they both appear equal in performance gain.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the weapon r has fitment issues with their race headers. the street headers dont fit up with the oem mounting bracket.

all street headers dont have any real differant gains cause they all have the same short 4 to 1 design. i would recommend getting a full megan, aspec, t1r, spoon, or j's racing exhaust system. try stay with one company to get the most gains from the system.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitn54
Anyone running an Aspec Street Header out there on a Honda Fit? I've narrowed my choice down to Aspec or Weapon R street header, but I keep reading on the forum that Weapon R has fitment issues and looking at both dyno comparisons, they both appear equal in performance gain.
The original fitment issues I read about were with the race header only; not the street header. WR has addressed that problem since, I am going to be trying out one of the new race headers personally on my car in about a weeks time. I will give a full review about the install and fitment.

Aspec makes a good product as well, lots of positive reviews.

Another one to check out is the T1R, I have run the response header run on my car for well over a year now and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Very good quality product.

You are on the right track, stay away from knock off products as they generally don't deliver the performance they promise and usually end up having other problems related to quality.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 02-12-2009 at 11:23 PM.