Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

should I swap out my stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FuLLy FiTTeD
^^^^ So does that go for axle backs 2? or just full exhaust or even both, thanks for ur reply inadvanced
goes for any exhaust mod. or intake for that matter. less restriction will mean less torque

Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Nabisco: I had a few questions about your suggestions. Is a rear sway bar one of those big bars you put in the back? I saw a car with it, and it didn't seem practical (for putting stuff in the trunk). And when you say adjustable shocks, are you talking about say coilovers? haha im sorry but these words are so darn confusing! Speaking of confusing words, what does a LSD do? From what I think, it gives you more torque? Oh yeah and what are some good wheels? And which one of these mods would you suggest I get first? I'm a poor college student, so not exactly the best budget haha. I would like to go to an autocross event. Thanks! and sorry for asking so many questions!
I suggest attending an autocross event with your car the way it is with no modifications period.

From there I would start with either wheels and tires or just upgrade the tires on your stock wheels.

A rear sway bar:

Browser Warning

As for adjustable shocks. I only suggest them to stiffen the ride but to retain the springs as lowering the vehicle is not very practical. However, coil overs are the answer if you were interested in adjusting the stiffness and the height of the vehicle.

LSD: Limited Slip Differential

HowStuffWorks "How Differentials Work"

The goods:

Progress Rear Sway Bar for Honda Fit - 62.1060

Type One Racing :: Suspension & Brakes :: Fit/Jazz (GD3/4) :: T1R S-Spec Damper Kit for Honda Fit 06+

MFactory Helical LSD

This is a very fun and practical car. I really think that it makes sense to improve only on what it already provides: good handling.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by cojaro
And a freer flowing exhaust system won't lose torque, provided that the exhaust diameter is an appropriate size for the engine and application (i.e. turbo engines usually need bigger diameters, 3" being pretty common.)
Cojaro is right, a freer flowing won't loose torque... what will loose torque is if you use too large on an exhaust pipe for your car! The fact is smaller pipes helps on exhaust gaz velocity at low RPM (Better exhaust gaz evacuation = better low RPM torque) for a near stock Fit, stock exhaust should be more then sufficient...

Compare the green line with the Red line here (Green line is Skunk 2 60mm exhaust... Red line is stock exhaust...) you can see that low RPM torque is just about the same... at higher revs, you gain something like a whooping 2HP for 800$ or so... I would invest that money toward a Cold-Air Intake, Pulley and Header! Bigger exhaust pipes really shines with a hi power engine (Turbo, S\C, Nitrous!)

Check this out for more valuable info!
Intake & Exhaust Systems - Tech - Sport Compact Car Magazine

Hope this helps...

Marko!!

Old 01-05-2009, 04:02 AM
thanks for the info guys! I probably wont be getting an exhaust anytime soon then, maybe in the future if I decide to go FI. I'll be saving up money for coilovers, and maybe a CAI? Nabisco, I had a question. The link you showed me, are those coilovers or just springs? I have really no clue about these things haha.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:31 PM
The link is for adjustable shocks/struts. They can be used with lowering springs or the factory springs already on your car.

HowStuffWorks "Dampers: Shocks"

If you lower it with springs is your choice but I would try upgrading the shocks and keep the stock springs first.

I really want to do this sometime soon.

SCCA - Sports Car Club of America