Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

ITB's

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
ITB's

May have..may not have been discussed yet but I didn't find anything through the search. So, any companies make itb setups for our l15 or is it gonna be a diy and hope your stacks are the right length for proper umm air induction(?) and velocity cause I really don't have the resources to test all that lol.
so yea...anyone have some ideas?

Old 12-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
not worth it IMO

Old 12-25-2008, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
^ agreed. i dont think it would give to much power on the l15.

were there any itbs for the d-series motors? im sure poewr gains would be similar to that.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
not even the L15 just ITBs in general dont give that great of gains.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Nothing but FI for the l15 does much...already know that. I want FI...but then again i want n/a being anything i plan to do to the fit will relate to auto-x. I want a 4age right now lol

Old 12-25-2008, 04:51 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
if you really want them find the ITB off a suzuki hayabusa and get a custom manifold made up. then you need to convert your dbw and add in some throttle linkage from the jdm fit. i can be done but doesnt add too much other than a really cool sound.

Old 12-25-2008, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
simply NOT worth it, even for your application.

but it'll get you brownine points.

Old 12-25-2008, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
not worth it, the head would not support that amount of flow. Its an economy motor and has 45* valve angle. No matter how much air you can get to the head, unless you force it, just just cant support it. That along with the DBW and other Issues it just isnt worth it. Get a custom intake mani fabbed up like mine and a larger TB and that will about max out the amount of air flow the head can handle

Old 12-26-2008, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
yea, I wanna learn some ish about the l15 before doing anything. I know the head on it's perty weak and horribly thin. If only it was like a 4ag or atleast a b-series I did see one video or article where a guy fabbed up an itb setup for the l15 but it didn't seem like anything special.
I wanna keep the l15 over a n/a k20...a- it'd be expensive as whore tits for a k20 lol and b- for some reason i love the l15 lol.
I have thought of a larger TB too but ITB's are sexier...wouldn't it be about the same though? ITB's compared to just a larger dia. TB and mani? Or roughly the same outcome being it'll flow better regardless cause I'm assuming the intake mani won't do much except keep the air flowin a bit better.
hmmm...just tossin the idea around I guess to get some varied views on it.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:17 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
there is a whole thread dedicated to getting a larger tb with manifold bolted up but the dbw seems to hinder all our plans. just save up for forced induction cause n/a is not the easiest way to go. spoon is getting 125hp out of their fit but its all inhouse and top secret tuning specs.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
Why do people compare dseries to the l15? d>l, seriously. There are all motor dseries making 200whp and boosted ones making 550whp. My all motor d16a made 170whp stock bottom end and ran low 8s 1/8th mi. on a slick.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shazaam
May have..may not have been discussed yet but I didn't find anything through the search. So, any companies make itb setups for our l15 or is it gonna be a diy and hope your stacks are the right length for proper umm air induction(?) and velocity cause I really don't have the resources to test all that lol.
so yea...anyone have some ideas?
intresting thread =P cuss i want ITB too =P you know what just try to attempt it no matter how much it is just do what you like and do alot more researh on it and think about what you really want... yah its not gonna be worth it cuss the "money wise" and all the bs thats attach to it... but hey you have to understand that at the end you will end up with some Freaken ITB that no body else have =) just a word of encouragement =)

Originally Posted by kylerwho
there is a whole thread dedicated to getting a larger tb with manifold bolted up but the dbw seems to hinder all our plans. just save up for forced induction cause n/a is not the easiest way to go. spoon is getting 125hp out of their fit but its all inhouse and top secret tuning specs.
hey Kyler did you contact spoon yet? cuss i have =P its s secret for you to find out now =P MWUAHAHHAH LMAO!

oh hey Shazaam im pretty sure you have seen this but hmm i still love it no matter what =P try to contact the owner and see if you can get anything from it... i think the original post of this video for it from somewhere else but search and find out some more =P for me too LOL!

YouTube - Honda Fit?GD1?itbs(Individual throttle bodies) Engine room

Last edited by Im|Inside|Fit; 12-26-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
ive seen em on a fit but it was not a US fit.

you deff cant compare a d-series to a L-series

Old 12-26-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
ive seen em on a fit but it was not a US fit.

you deff cant compare a d-series to a L-series
yah i know thats not a usdm fit but alittle here and there custom to whiching over parts not bad to be the only USDM fit with ITB =) thats what its all about not about not being worth it or whatever other people say =P

no you can not compare D to L series... maybe D to a R =P correct me if im wrong =P

Old 12-26-2008, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
yea, I've seen that vid inside fit, perty much what gave me the idea that there's actually a usefulness to it lol...plus it gave me an idea on how to do it and what it'll be like in the end
tomorrow or next week I'ma try make it to our local perf. shop...only tuner shop around here lol, tintmasters. there's another guy there with a fit that may have some more knowledge of the l15 and the manager should have a perty good idea how to start the project Only expensive part will be the fab but I can get a lil discount at a welding/machine shop so that'll prolly come in play if we're able to follow through with this...which would be utterly amazing

Old 12-26-2008, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
yea, I've seen that vid inside fit, perty much what gave me the idea that there's actually a usefulness to it lol...plus it gave me an idea on how to do it and what it'll be like in the end
tomorrow or next week I'ma try make it to our local perf. shop...only tuner shop around here lol, tintmasters. there's another guy there with a fit that may have some more knowledge of the l15 and the manager should have a perty good idea how to start the project Only expensive part will be the fab but I can get a lil discount at a welding/machine shop so that'll prolly come in play if we're able to follow through with this...which would be utterly amazing
sweet just update me on it cuss i want to find out myself too honestly im not gonna be the one with the brains and the work but my buddy want to do it so he asked me if i wanted to so what the heck i love the ITBs so i rather go with it and be different from everyone else =) im pretty sure you can get your hands on some AE101 ITBs right =P you always talking about the 4AG motors =P imma try asking my cousin to see if he can get me a set of those for dirt cheap (he drifts and owns a AE86 coupe) its not that the ITBs gonna be the hard part but the damn DBW is IMO... imma try to start on the L15 project in the beginning of the year so ill update you and kyler about the build =) good luck on the build

Old 12-26-2008, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
lol, yea I would have ended up with an ae86 before I got the fit but the deal fell through...seems like I know more about a car and it's engine i don't have than I do about the fit lol. n yea, those are perty easy to come by
regardless we'll have a diy for itb's or just some of our own secrets/thoughts lingering between us lol.
dbw throws a loop into things but that's why it's more fun and gives me another reason to do it

Old 12-26-2008, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
lol, yea I would have ended up with an ae86 before I got the fit but the deal fell through...seems like I know more about a car and it's engine i don't have than I do about the fit lol. n yea, those are perty easy to come by
regardless we'll have a diy for itb's or just some of our own secrets/thoughts lingering between us lol.
dbw throws a loop into things but that's why it's more fun and gives me another reason to do it
lol yah i was gonna buy my cousin trueno too but i love my fit too much and would rather buy parts for it =P but i can always get his car in the long run =P... lol the same to me too lol i know more about other cars than my Fit cuss i use to own a CRX and man i love taht car as much as i love my fit but as of right now the Fit has my heart =P lol but yah lets jsut keep it to ourself and then BAM well post it up and show them whats up =P LOL! no i would rather keep it to ourself =P LOL! another thing that i learn from DBW is that its suppose to keep our shift smooth and for econ purpose but it does not respawn as fast as not having the DBW we jsut ahve to find a way to get that pass then we should be fine... i ask my friend and did little researh about the DBW... but i only came up with the new Si that they take thier DBW off and put on a TSX or some other throttle body there... then have to have KPRO no matter what... so for sure if we have ITB were gotta have Kpro no matter what or some other things that will throw the DBW off... but thats for the K20z3 but the fit we have to find out =/ you know any info that i dont know =P share it =) pm me and lets keep it as a secret =P

Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Im|Inside|Fit

hey Kyler did you contact spoon yet? cuss i have =P its s secret for you to find out now =P MWUAHAHHAH LMAO!
so what secret you exactly talking about? yes i did contact them.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
Well one thought is making it mechanical...but I needa find a good read on dbw to learn more about it...besides...you press peddle, signal is sent to tb, tb opens according to signal. I'm gonna look at it tomorrow if it's not freezing ballz outside and try think of something. But I did learn that the 01' m3's have dbw itb's so maybe there's some knowledge there but I can't find any articles axplaining how they work unless it's multiple actuators(one for each intake).
one random thought though if the stock tb's actuator is strong enough you could go mechanical off it to connect teh 4 itb's to it. i doubt that'd work right though lol so I'ma just go to sleep now
more research later todayz.

Quick Reply: ITB's