Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning
View Poll Results: Which would you buy based upon a review/use?
Buddy Club e-Throttle Booster
8.82%
Blitz Throttle Controller
91.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Info on Buddy Club e-throttle booster vs. Blitz throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lidoshorty02
got to agree wit AnlDyxp_GD3
i love my except that it kills my gas haha
haha. i still get about 30mpg, but before i got the TC i was getting like 31 so it didnt have a big affect on my mpg since i never got great mpg to begin with. LOL

Old 12-22-2008, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by speedoholic
Lack of spelling and grammar=fail
hahah. out of all I posted thats all you can give me? you deserve a cookie. thumbs down for you. LOL

Old 12-22-2008, 07:57 PM
I actually deleted that right after I posted that. I didn't want to seem childish.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
haha. i noticed. its cool.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
Don't blame the TC! haha.

TC's don't burn gas...People burn gas!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:28 AM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
looks like im going to get one of these next month

Old 12-23-2008, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B1str0
hell yeah! let all the haters know whats really up with the TC!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B1str0
Same here.

I am convinced and set on one now.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
why would you need something like this for an old honda with a cable throttle anyways? The whole point of it is to eliminate the lag from the e-throttle. Everyone with the TC loves it more than any other bolt on mod. Maybe you should get your hands on one to test it out, I'm sure it would change your opinion.
I don't race around in the fit. The fit is the vehicle I take to just chill and save on gas, and not get pulled over by the cops. If I want mine to go faster I just put it in sport mode, and when I get up to speed I pop it back in D. It was purchased solely for commuting in stop and go and saving gas, while still being able to be driven by my GF(she puts over half the mileage on it)

Putting on a mod that spoofs the drive by wire to send a signal that I want it WOT kind of defeats the purpose of the car, as it lowers gas mileage. If I want to speed around I just take my accord coupe, and if I REALLY wanna haul ass, I hop on the RR. Seriously, the fit was designed for economy. And gotta love when GO-FAST mods include "does not increase horsepower' on the side of the box. The TC box would kick ass probably on like a TL-S but when theres 109hp, and it hurts your mileage(which is ok but not stellar for a honda), I'll pass. Especially for 3-400 bux. Some people just suck at stickshift which is further amplified by drive by wire. When the TL's first switched the salespeople said I was the first person to test drive one that didn't stall it or burn out, because there's no direct feel to the drive by wire.

Last edited by Shaggs2Dope; 12-23-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
I don't race around in the fit. The fit is the vehicle I take to just chill and save on gas, and not get pulled over by the cops. If I want mine to go faster I just put it in sport mode, and when I get up to speed I pop it back in D. It was purchased solely for commuting in stop and go and saving gas, while still being able to be driven by my GF(she puts over half the mileage on it)

Putting on a mod that spoofs the drive by wire to send a signal that I want it WOT kind of defeats the purpose of the car, as it lowers gas mileage. If I want to speed around I just take my accord coupe, and if I REALLY wanna haul ass, I hop on the RR. Seriously, the fit was designed for economy. And gotta love when GO-FAST mods include "does not increase horsepower' on the side of the box. The TC box would kick ass probably on like a TL-S but when theres 109hp, and it hurts your mileage(which is ok but not stellar for a honda), I'll pass. Especially for 3-400 bux. Some people just suck at stickshift which is further amplified by drive by wire. When the TL's first switched the salespeople said I was the first person to test drive one that didn't stall it or burn out, because there's no direct feel to the drive by wire.
right, i agree with what you're saying. But thats the best thing about the TC, you can turn it off, and have the extra punch at your disposal when needed. But to each their own(than you may not be a fan of K20 or boosted fits) . For me, my Fit is my DD, and its nice to have the extra kick in acceleration when i need it(or to have some fun). And mpg wise, it doesnt affect it all that much. I dropped a little more than 1mpg driving 2 weeks on SP3 mode. But for the people who buy the TC for what it offers, they all love it. And than some people just dont need it. But I dont think it is a waste of money if you are buying it for what it offers. I wish you could give a TC a test

edit: Also, yeah the thing is kinda pricy, but i think if you paid over 330 for it, you paid too much. Theres always ways to get around msrp. I got hooked up on mine. You'd pay about the same for bolt-ons that add no more than 5HP. The TC is perfect to compliment your bolt ons. my 2 cents.

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 12-23-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
dam then i overpaid lol, 402 shipped ebay.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I would seriously test one out, but for the $$$ dropped of almost 400 bucks, for 200 more you could get a unichip piggyback ECU and optimize your A/F ratio, and get more HP, better mileage, and lower emissions. And you can turn it on/off at the switch of a button. And it MAXIMISES horsepower and torque. I would rather have a real gain than placebo affect.

The one thing that the TC seems like it would help is a fit has the worst pedal positions ever for the stick and the auto versions so you may not get as much throttle/clutch balance with heel/toe. And I would want to test a TC on a car from my last job, something with drive-by-wire with some go

Pop a TC on that and I'd test it. You should see what has been done to some of the cars. Some people would just say, I'm not worried about price, just do what you would do if it was your car.

p.s. heres the venom unit that does the same thing, except it actually modifies the MAP using A/F and the TPS. It is passive until you hit 25% throttle angle and it kicks in and simulates an amplified signal
http://www.venom-performance.com/ind...content=vcn400

Last edited by Shaggs2Dope; 12-23-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope

i have a gsxr and ya thats the go fast toy not the fit

Old 12-23-2008, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
a few things I would like to add:

1. Just because it doesn't increase horsepower doesn't mean it doesn't increase FUN
2. Just because the fit was designed as an econobox doesn't mean it has to stay that way. The fit design has shown, time and time again, that it has great potential on the track. Not all of us bought the car specifically to get great gas mileage.
3. More Horsepower does not always = faster. Sometimes it's faster to just be able to make more use of what horsepower you have. Think about it, Spoon Fit (120hp) got the same track times (I think it was on twin ring motegi?) as a stock NSX-R (280-something hp?). The difference is that the fit was able to use all or most of it's power all the time.
4. I'm cool
5. I agree that the fit is not a fast car to race around in. No one has said that yet in this thread. I don't get why people want to hate on people who want to mod their fits or make their fits faster. Sure, I could go faster in a V6 accord. Sure, I could go faster in a STi. Sure, I could go faster in a V12 Benz. But the fact is, even if I had one of these faster cars. I'd still mod it. I'd still make it faster. That's because I'm an enthusiast. I'd mod a Yugo if I had one.

Plus. If I got my fit up to 130hp and could run a mid 15. I'd like my car much more than if I bought a car that could get high 13's stock.

"Going quickly in a slow car is actually more fun than going fast in a fast car"
-Jay Leno

wise words from a wise man

I've driven cars in in the 600+ hp range. And I still have to say that the fit is the most fun car I've ever driven.

[/rant]

Last edited by DrKelso; 12-23-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrKelso
4. I'm cool
too funny

Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by DrKelso
a few things I would like to add:

1. Just because it doesn't increase horsepower doesn't mean it doesn't increase FUN
2. Just because the fit was designed as an econobox doesn't mean it has to stay that way. The fit design has shown, time and time again, that it has great potential on the track. Not all of us bought the car specifically to get great gas mileage.
3. More Horsepower does not always = faster. Sometimes it's faster to just be able to make more use of what horsepower you have. Think about it, Spoon Fit (120hp) got the same track times (I think it was on twin ring motegi?) as a stock NSX-R (280-something hp?). The difference is that the fit was able to use all or most of it's power all the time.
4. I'm cool
5. I agree that the fit is not a fast car to race around in. No one has said that yet in this thread. I don't get why people want to hate on people who want to mod their fits or make their fits faster. Sure, I could go faster in a V6 accord. Sure, I could go faster in a STi. Sure, I could go faster in a V12 Benz. But the fact is, even if I had one of these faster cars. I'd still mod it. I'd still make it faster. That's because I'm an enthusiast. I'd mod a Yugo if I had one.

Plus. If I got my fit up to 130hp and could run a mid 15. I'd like my car much more than if I bought a car that could get high 13's stock.

"Going quickly in a slow car is actually more fun than going fast in a fast car"
-Jay Leno

wise words from a wise man

I've driven cars in in the 600+ hp range. And I still have to say that the fit is the most fun car I've ever driven.
[/rant]
1. So this controller is a $400 fun mod. Spending 400 for reshaping of a throttle curve you could fix by being a good driver. not fun

2. Its potential at a track is due to light weight and balance, low center of gravity, and a rigid chassis.

3. the lap times are similar because of the chassis stiffness, low center of gravity, It can floor through turns, suspension mods and good tires, plus the windier a track the more it will favor the fit, as its easier to carry momentum than in the nsx. If you go ride a 400-450 motard against a ducati, kawi, yamaha, honda, superbike on a windy torn up backroad, the motard will destroy the much faster bikes. Put em in a straight line and its not even funny.

4. You're ghey

5. I don't hate on modding ANYthing. I would mod your f'n pink rollerskates if you needed it, I'll even mod your moped. My fit was only stock right when i bought it. I used to have a 93 hyundai elantra with a mitsubishi eclipse engine in it I modify vehicles for a living. I just believe in having a METRIC to back up any stated performance gain, instead of trusting someone that is trying to sell miracle snakeoil because the claims are right on the side of the box. One way to fix that would to take your fit to the track, run it 2-3 runs with the box ON, and then just turn it off and run 2-3 runs, you will see your placebo effect or you will see actual gains. It's just retarded to mod an econobox fit for perfomance with a product that says no power added right on the box. It's a drivers aid, not a performance mod. Someone actually test it at a track instead of butt-dyno, otherwise, you spent $400 dollars on feeling like you changed something on your car, and if you are down with that I have all sorts of shit to sell you. I could make you feel $10,000 better if you have it to spend.

what 600hp cars are less fun than the fit?

You want some real fun go drive an old school mini-cooper with a b18 in it, or even a severely massaged factory motor. You can drive it CRAZIER than the fit. or a turbo 323 mazda, try it. ghetto, small, but dirt cheap. If you have 5k you can buy an EG civic, an H22, and some accord intermediate shafts and integra axles, with a 4th gen prelude shift linkage, and you have an all motor car in the 13's no problem and get even better mileage than the fit. Thats what we built for my lil bro. And my accord is a 4 banger, and its quicker than the 6's

/rant back

Last edited by Shaggs2Dope; 12-23-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
its different for everyone, but for me i intend on going boost in the future, and having the blitz tc wont hurt u, in fact other t1r kit owners have said that it helped the turbo spool up quicker

Old 12-24-2008, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
i spent $320 for mine, i'm really not worried with the price, i just do what i want to do with my car

Old 12-24-2008, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
hehe this is fun:

1 - how does being a "good driver" change the way that the throttle curve is programmed into the computer? Also, allowing the TB to open up to 25% more than stock could potentially yield similar results to having a larger throttle body, no? Sorry, I don't mod cars for a living.

2 - if the JDM fit were DBW I'd be willing to bet that even Spoon would put some type of electronic throttle control/adjustment on it.

3 - I will agree that these were also contributing factors.

4 - I know you are but what am I!?

5 - I plan on tracking my fit in the spring/summer once I get my suspension/wheels done. 14" steelies FTL. Updates to come...stay tuned.

I've driven a modded Ferrari F360 and a Porsche GT3 (my friend's uncle's cars). Sure they were fast...Felt like supersonic speed to me. But neither of them had the perky personality of the Fit, which is what I love most about it. I'm still trying to convince him to let me drive the 1400hp Viper he has in his basement garage.

1/4 mile? nty

gosh, you're so negative

Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
LOL. its not about making a faster car, the fit isnt fun. Its about making it funner to drive. Making the FIT funner to drive, not making some other car fun to drive. LOL. the "making the fit a fast car" thread is in the k-swap section. Like Revd says, do what ever the hell you want to do to your car. LOL. merry xmas!

Quick Reply: Info on Buddy Club e-throttle booster vs. Blitz throttle controller