Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Next Level Performance...Tri-Phase Module

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
every car enthusiast is gonna come across these things sooner or later, i did shortly after taking an interest in cars and i must say...even early on i gathered these things were crap and that came from the description of the product (or lack there-of), friends who have owned these things, and internet reviews from the burnt. i agree with everyone who mentioned this as a "scam" and i also agree that these are bad for your car. its sad how people get suckered into (more like "sucked in") to buying these things...its OBVIOUS they weren't built with quality in mind as the info regarding these pieces is questionable AT BEST. 17 "horse-power" from this thing???......more like 17 "hoax-power".

Old 11-18-2008, 11:11 AM

^^^^ the guys that sold you this thing.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Dont blame me

Dont blame me I didnt vote for him.......
Originally Posted by theloxmyth
I profit not one bit from whether you purchase it or not.

I guess Next Level isn't as savvy as our new leader?!

"Now I don't have ta worry 'bout paying my taxes, or my mortgage!" - A quote from an ecstatic voter

Old 11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Hook an obd2 scan tool up and watch the iat temps...turn the box on and off...theres your answer to what it does...and resistors are a few cents each

Old 11-21-2008, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
what a rip....that really sucks, getting scamed wow

Old 11-21-2008, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sbualuba
what a rip....that really sucks, getting scamed wow
Yeah, But as I have said before, my car runs much better since I installed it, and suffers no ill effects, what so ever, is a scam. It is far from being a scam, and the best money spent on my car since driving off from the dealership in July 2006. Tell me how something that every one that has ridden in, or driven the car before and after has been amazed with a scam. Until you have tried it on your, car your assessment is as lame as your spelling. Kraftwerks even uses a piggie back tuning device in their supercharger kit. Tell me of another performance item that is as affordable and simple to install that will add needed power throughout your power band. You would love to get scammed too if your car responded to any simple modification as mine has to this one. Now I have to go to the courthouse and pay a speeding ticket that I wouldn't have been less costly if I hadn't gotten so scammed. Wow!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Talk about mods people thought were stupid.... I bought this "Juice Box" that gives more horsepower for my Civic. It was 25.00 and I thought what the hell!!! Well it Worked as they claimed ,I have since put it on two other vehicles and it DID make a difference in Performance. Im not saying everything works but this worked for me. Gonna put it on the Fit tomorrow

Old 11-21-2008, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
If these simple but effective gadgets were to be in black plastic boxes with glowing blue LEDs and the name of some JDM parts manufacturer, everyone here would be putting their names on a waiting list and trying to arrange a group buy, at 10 times the amount that you paid for your Juice Box and brag about it. I am an old guy with a lot of experience in high performance vehicles, bicycles, go carts, motorcycles, cars, and even skateboards. The ignorance, and loosely based opinions, and even insults that I have been subjected to on this forum is deplorable, to say the least. I'll be reluctant to ever share anything that may be useful to the members here again. It sounds to me that you got a good deal. I might buy one as a gift for my brother in law, as he was very impressed with the power gain that the similar product on my car provided. Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
...Until you have tried it on your, car your assessment is as lame as your spelling...
Spelling may not be Sbualuba's strong point...but I find it funny that in your hasty attempt to demean his intelligence, you, in turn, demonstrated your inability to punctuate correctly. Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? A little too ironic? Yeah, I really do think...

In summary:
Spelling ≥ Sbualuba...

but

Grammar > You

Old 11-21-2008, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you Doc for informing me of this dysfunction. I'll enroll in a remedial writing course at the local community college, go on line and find one or maybe buy a book. It is never to late to better ones self. Thank you again.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Thank you Doc for informing me of this dysfunction. I'll enroll in a remedial writing course at the local community college, go on line and find one or maybe buy a book. It is never to late to better ones self. Thank you again.

Very seville.

I mean civil.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, Seville is what my brother in law drives. Thanks Craig I forgot what kind of car I would be ordering for. Also I need to make an apology to Spualuba for my rude comment about his spelling. I live on Ignorant Hill, what can I say?

Old 11-21-2008, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
convinced that you're right isn't the same as being right. you could post a dynograph. or even a stopwatch next to your speedometer in a before-and-after video posted on youtube. but no serious car enthusiast will simiply take either of you at your collective word that it works.

demonstrate that it makes more, and repeatable, power.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by kennef
convinced that you're right isn't the same as being right. you could post a dynograph. or even a stopwatch next to your speedometer in a before-and-after video posted on youtube. but no serious car enthusiast will simiply take either of you at your collective word that it works.

demonstrate that it makes more, and repeatable, power.
No offence intended to you specifically, kennef, but...

Why?

Why should I care if you buy someone else's product?!

Peace, love and togetherness, dudes and dudettes, dog and whatever.

Later,

Last edited by theloxmyth; 11-21-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Smelling eros ; )
Old 11-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Like I have said this thing make your car run rich and over time that will kill your car.

I think you should dyno the car and then put a wideband on it and tell us if you are truly gaining hp or not killing your car.

Until then your butt dyno really doesn't mean a whole lot.....

Old 11-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member

All I'm saying is, it's fine if you disagree with him, however his spelling had little (actually nothing) to do with the topic at hand. Plus, you have to admit that it's kind of funny that you made a grammatical mistake whilst trying to be a smartass about someone else's spelling error.

I sincerely apologize if I hurt your epeen when I knocked you off your high horse. So, let's get back on topic!

This thing's a scam!

No it ain't!

Yarrrrr....it be!

I reckon' I get 450whp accordin' to the ol' butt dyno!

Screenshots or it didn't happen

blah blah blah

My opinion?
If you like it and it works for you, great. Congrats! I personally would prefer something from a more reputable manufacturer with a longer track record, but to those who are willing to try it out, I commend you. From what I've been able to see, I'm skeptical about it's effectiveness and long-term repercussions of it's use. Don't get all defensive if people want proof that it works (eg. real dyno sheets, acceleration tests, track times, etc...). These are our cars, and while we're often more than willing to tinker around with them, we still want to keep them in good health.

Last edited by DrKelso; 11-21-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by DrKelso
My opinion?
If you like it and it works for you, great. Congrats! I personally would prefer something from a more reputable manufacturer with a longer track record, but to those who are willing to try it out, I commend you. From what I've been able to see, I'm skeptical about it's effectiveness and long-term repercussions of it's use. Don't get all defensive if people want proof that it works (eg. real dyno sheets, acceleration tests, track times, etc...). These are our cars, and while we're often more than willing to tinker around with them, we still want to keep them in good health.
Well put.

Those "dyno" sheets on the website are hilarious. At least they all cross at 5252 rpm. That sure would be the icing on the cake.

I still think it's hilarious that this company charges 174$ for 3 resistors, a toggle switch and an LED.

I think it's more hilarious how fiercely coyote is defending it, while refusing to get a real dyno performed, or even just open the little box and prove it's more than 3 resistors.

That being said, if it works for you, go for it. I can't stop you, someone's gotta stimulate the economy.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by theloxmyth
No offence intended to you specifically, kennef, but...

Why?

Why should I care if you buy someone else's product?!

Peace, love and togetherness, dudes and dudettes, dog and whatever.

Later,
that is the strangest answer ever. seems like a Non sequitur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. if you don't care what other people think, why did you bring up this topic or continue to respond to all the crazies that don't understand you. :wa vey:

by the way, overuse of smilies is pretty ***.

on a more serious note, i suspect that someone here is in on the scam. perhaps has something to benefit. minus rep.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Kids and mutual respect

Originally Posted by kennef
that is the strangest answer ever. seems like a Non sequitur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. if you don't care what other people think, why did you bring up this topic or continue to respond to all the crazies that don't understand you.

by the way, overuse of smilies is pretty ***.

on a more serious note, i suspect that someone here is in on the scam. perhaps has something to benefit. minus rep.
Out of mutual respect, I edited most all of the rudeness out of that post, before posting it, and the use of smileys is my way of guarding against my coming off as too curt in my reply.

on a more serious note, i suspect that someone here is in on the scam. perhaps has something to benefit.
You know who killed JFK, as you seem to know it all!

[This line is deleted for mutual respect purposes.]

Isn't the autonomy of the web a wonderful way to skirt having to take responsibility for proper behavior and mutual respect, rhetorically speaking!

I taught my children that sharing is caring.

That is the reason I shared this mod.

What have you learned in life, so far, son?

Later (much),

Old 11-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by explosivpotato

I still think it's hilarious that this company charges 174$ for 3 resistors, a toggle switch and an LED.
I agree haha

Quick Reply: Next Level Performance...Tri-Phase Module