Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HKS Hi-power VS Aspec axleback

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
yeah i think chris just had a bad experience with other workers at aspec. I deal with tuan and only tuan and he's the best, totally awesome.

As far as exhaust notes go, i have owned the Apexi WSII, the Aspec axle back, and the hks hi-power exhaust.

Loudness? The hks hi-power is loudest out of all for sure. Aspec one is very quiet if ur running the exhaust system only. It's got a nice low tone to it, never loud, even at WOT. Once u put an intake, it does get a litte louder but not obnoxiously loud. I've never had a problem with cops at all. The WSII is QUIET!!! I mean bone stock quiet it's soo damn quiet i sold it cuz it wasn't loud enough! lol. I mean it looks badass like oem and got minimal power gains, but it wasn't for me so i sold it.

Quality wise, all 3 were made with the best quality metals u can find. Everything is welded beautifully on all 3 companies so there is no advantages of any of em.

Pricewise, the aspec is the cheapest out of all. Picked up tuan can do like $220. The HKS hi-power u can get for about $280 and the wsII i've seen it go around $290-320.

I sold the hks hi-power and the WSII cuz i love my aspec. It was my first exhaust, it's gonna b my last exhaust. Plus i got the aspec mid-pipe too. =]

wow. you just gave me all the info i could of hoped for. Thanks kev! haha. I'm definetly sold on this exhaust than. yeah i saw your sound clips for your WSII also. Because ive been wanting a quiet exhaust. Tanabe touring doesnt look so hot to me, WSII looks dope but like you said may be too quiet. I've always thought the Hi-power was pretty loud. My friend had it on his RSX and STI and got tickets. LOL. so Aspec it is! I've been talking to tuan via email as well. he told me 220 picked up so i'm gona pick it up this thrusday. cant wait! thanks for all the info guys! rep for good info!

*edit* hows it sound with the aspec b-pipe? I'm running a fujita CAI and after i get the aspec, im planning on getting the aspec b-pipe as well. Hows the sound quality now?

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 10-26-2008 at 03:22 AM.