Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

The fit can ported and it does help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:49 AM
The fit can ported and it does help

http://asia.vtec.net/hardcore/JazzPower1/index.html

These guys got great results out of a mild port and polish which is all I would do to any honda engine this side of a type r (would not touch cause honda already polished it) head because these heads dont need to be ported out huge as doing this tends to hurt the low end.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:32 PM
it was never said that u can't port the l15a. it was said that it was hard to do because the ports where so small and the walls where so thin that one wrong move could screw up your cylinder head.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:15 PM
actually I knew that about the ports being small, but many said that mild porting and polishing would do nothing to this car and I just wanted to show a find.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:20 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i want to know porting specs so i wont overbore into the head.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
16hp is great results from a pnp? since when? for what it costs to have it done its definetly not worth it....just boost

Old 12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the main idea is boost plus porting will help so much.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
the main idea is boost plus porting will help so much.
an extra pound of boost will do more then a mild pnp...we cant open the ports up far enough to make any real difference...so spend 1000+ on mild pnp or just up the boost a couple pounds...im going with just up the boost
once your that far into spending money on pnp and turbo might as well just do a k swap...

Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
but upping the boost is limited to 15lbs in the safe zone. when your trying to push that much power out of the l15 every little part you make flow easier counts. the spoon fit is pushing 120 hp out of their gd3 with only some head work and a differant tune.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
but upping the boost is limited to 15lbs in the safe zone. when your trying to push that much power out of the l15 every little part you make flow easier counts. the spoon fit is pushing 120 hp out of their gd3 with only some head work and a differant tune.
if your going to go as far as a pnp and stand alone ecu and paying for a tune might as well go k...otherwise your wasting money...youll have the little l15 maxed out and people with k swaps have the sky as the limit...even if you got 180-200whp out of the l15 it wont live long and would still be slow...this car weighs over 2500lbs its a pig...

Old 01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by artieman
an extra pound of boost will do more then a mild pnp...we cant open the ports up far enough to make any real difference...so spend 1000+ on mild pnp or just up the boost a couple pounds...im going with just up the boost
once your that far into spending money on pnp and turbo might as well just do a k swap...
reach the boost limit then PnP
k20 kills the handling (and braking) u drag queen!!

Old 01-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
if your going to go as far as a pnp and stand alone ecu and paying for a tune might as well go k...otherwise your wasting money...youll have the little l15 maxed out and people with k swaps have the sky as the limit...even if you got 180-200whp out of the l15 it wont live long and would still be slow...this car weighs over 2500lbs its a pig...
over 2700lbs with kswap turns a pig into a hippo

Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by SFactor2
reach the boost limit then PnP
k20 kills the handling (and braking) u drag queen!!
A k20 kills the handling? Guess all the top track racers in japan are idiots then for swapping k series into their fits.
I think if companies like spoon, mugen, J's, and N1 Concepts swapped K's in instead of pumping up the weak L series they must have a reason.

Last edited by artieman; 01-12-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
A k20 kills the handling? Guess all the top track racers in japan are idiots then for swapping k series into their fits.
I think if companies like spoon, mugen, J's, and N1 Concepts swapped K's in instead of pumping up the weak L series they must have a reason.
so if none of the companies you just listed swapped k's, who are these top track racers you are speaking of?

the last siphon class shootout had boosted l-series coming out on top over swapped fits.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
so if none of the companies you just listed swapped k's, who are these top track racers you are speaking of?

the last siphon class shootout had boosted l-series coming out on top over swapped fits.
You live in a cave?
Opak Racing <---has spoon fit with k swap
Hasport Performance <-----has k20 swapped fit
N1 Concepts <---- has k20 swapped fit
bla bla bla
search look read

Old 01-12-2009, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
i agree that the k-swap is a good idea but you have to remember that these people build a track only car. the j's racing fit has a custom dc5 coilover set up with stiffer spring rate and complete roll cage and whatever else they done to the chassi. for most people on the this forum we will never gut out the interior and all the other custom work that will make the car handle better.

the turbo is great too but SO FAR can't make as much power as a k-swap.

don't forget the aj-racing honda fit. it beat all the k-swap fits at button willow raceway and got 1st place.

i'm not picking a side. both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
spoon has not done a k swapped fit yet.
j's by far has the best k swapped fit to date. its a track beast!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
The K-Swap adds 100 pounds to the front end of the car, which as stated murders your handling. If you're talking K-swap over PnP being a better option in terms of $$$$ to HP/TQ, then why not just drive the car the K came in?

PnP to L15 = $1000+ for +15HP?

K-Swap the fit = $15,000 for the Fit and then $8,000 for axles, suspension, engine, tranny etc for +75-100 HP?

Buying a used Acura RSX or Civic Si = $15,000

Not picking sides, but just pointing out further discrepencies in ragging on PnP (I wouldn't do this cuz I don't wanna mess up my engine in any way).

Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
just get a faster car if you thinking about budget all the time,

if you love modifying there is no limit of how much u spent.
be different than main stream turbo/k-swap make the 1st crazy L15A N/A FIT!

K20 certainly kills the handling of the Fit, but if you sooo conscious about power and how quick it is.. make a drag car!

Fit is for handling! there fore MUGEN made a Supercharged L15A for the 2nd gen instead of the K20 Mugen dynamite. they relise the K20 wasn't handling very good.

J's has lots of money spent on that FIT, arguably the fastest FIT on earth!
most of us here are just normal people who work and feed the family lol.. not some hardcore tuning company...

by the end of the day, choice is in your hand. your car, your pride and joy! and be different

Old 01-20-2009, 12:42 PM
over 2700lbs with kswap turns a pig into a hippo
Well put.

The Fit's handling far out weighs it's capabilities of being a "fast" car.

IMHO I would rather, and still intend to, install a bolt-on turbo kit.
You don't need 180+ horsepower to have fun in this car but that is just my opinion.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
That extra 100lbs from the k swap is easily offset in the removal of the battery from the front to rear along with removal of the a/c system (or get a carbon fiber hood). The car already has very poor weight distribution stock with being very front heavy. Stock the weight distribution is 64/36 which is why when you push the car the back end lets go easily. If you think an extra 100lbs is going to make a difference your average driver can tell your nuts.

Last edited by artieman; 01-20-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Quick Reply: The fit can ported and it does help