Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

T1R Vs. Password: JDM

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vshiva
so another question, which brand should i go with?
everyone has t1r and it seems to work great.
i have a password jdm and i love it. sounds great but you sorta shoe horn it in. not a hard install though.
not to sure about the arc but im sure it will be a great piece.
i would do password jdm because you get a lightweight battery.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
everyone has t1r and it seems to work great.
i have a password jdm and i love it. sounds great but you sorta shoe horn it in. not a hard install though.
not to sure about the arc but im sure it will be a great piece.
i would do password jdm because you get a lightweight battery.
i see, another noob question.

i am interested in installing CAI for auto tranny fit, is it going to be less power in low rpm and more power in high rpm?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i am interested in installing CAI for auto tranny fit, is it going to be less power in low rpm and more power in high rpm?
try breathing through you nose only. then breath through only your mouth. your mouth can take in more air quicker. same thing with the intake. there is a minimum power loss at low rpm and is not noticeable but it will help the fit breath easier. so it has the potential for better mpg and better high rpm power.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 AM
try breathing through you nose only. then breath through only your mouth. your mouth can take in more air quicker. same thing with the intake. there is a minimum power loss at low rpm and is not noticeable but it will help the fit breath easier. so it has the potential for better mpg and better high rpm power.
i see, which brand is the best should i go with for the CAI? is it injen or fujita? i am still a noob

Old 10-10-2008, 01:09 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i see, which brand is the best should i go with for the CAI? is it injen or fujita? i am still a noob
both are great intakes. it just depends what you like and how much you are willing to pay. i would pick fujita.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 AM
both are great intakes. it just depends what you like and how much you are willing to pay. i would pick fujita.
are there any reasons for picking up fujita instead of injen?

another noob question, if i installed the CAI should i upgrade my exhaust system? since i have a lot of air coming inside my engine then i should upgrade my exhaust. thats what i thought please CMIIW

tyty

Old 10-10-2008, 01:20 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
are there any reasons for picking up fujita instead of injen?

another noob question, if i installed the CAI should i upgrade my exhaust system? since i have a lot of air coming inside my engine then i should upgrade my exhaust. thats what i thought please CMIIW

tyty
i just personally have had good experiences with fujita. the idea of the intake is to help make the engine more efficient. the more efficient the motor runs the better mpg you will get out of it. adding an exhaust helps but is not required because you are not pushing more air into the motor but rather the motor is breathing easier.
my first mod was an intake. car ran great. then i fabbed up some headers and a cat delete. car ran even better. you really only need to upgrade the exhaust if you are running boost. the exhaust does help the engine perform more efficiently.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 AM
i just personally have had good experiences with fujita. the idea of the intake is to help make the engine more efficient. the more efficient the motor runs the better mpg you will get out of it. adding an exhaust helps but is not required because you are not pushing more air into the motor but rather the motor is breathing easier.
my first mod was an intake. car ran great. then i fabbed up some headers and a cat delete. car ran even better. you really only need to upgrade the exhaust if you are running boost. the exhaust does help the engine perform more efficiently.

currently i have ported and polished my engine, using drop-in filter and upgrade the header. whats next will be the best to upgrade my fit so it can run faster i am not thinking right now about going for boost

Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
currently i have ported and polished my engine, using drop-in filter and upgrade the header. whats next will be the best to upgrade my fit so it can run faster i am not thinking right now about going for boost
you ported and polished the head? i thought the ports had too thin a wall to do that.
i think intake and and t1r lightened pulley would suit you.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 AM
you ported and polished the head? i thought the ports had too thin a wall to do that.
i think intake and and t1r lightened pulley would suit you.
yes i ported the head but its not extreme ported, whats the use of lightened pulley? do i need to upgrade my spark plugs as well?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:41 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
yes i ported the head but its not extreme ported, whats the use of lightened pulley? do i need to upgrade my spark plugs as well?
look at aj-racing.com its under engine stuff for the gd3 helps lose moving weight. upgrading spark never hurt. im using ngk iradium(sp?) plugs. did you have a shop port it? how much was it ported?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 AM
look at aj-racing.com its under engine stuff for the gd3 helps lose moving weight. upgrading spark never hurt. im using ngk iradium(sp?) plugs. did you have a shop port it? how much was it ported?
i did that porting stuff outside in US, and i am in US to get my degree. and if i convert it into dollar, the cost will be 150 bucks for porting my head and a little bit porting of my exhaust manifold. i have a picture of my old and new exhaust manifold if you want to see it i can post it.

i think i will go for the spark plugs and intake right now, time to hunt

Old 10-10-2008, 01:54 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i did that porting stuff outside in US, and i am in US to get my degree. and if i convert it into dollar, the cost will be 150 bucks for porting my head and a little bit porting of my exhaust manifold. i have a picture of my old and new exhaust manifold if you want to see it i can post it.

i think i will go for the spark plugs and intake right now, time to hunt
do you have before and after pictures of the head?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:57 AM
do you have before and after pictures of the head?
i dont, sorry but i took a picture when they were doing the porting stuff.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i dont, sorry but i took a picture when they were doing the porting stuff.
mind posting it? im very curious about p/p the head cause no one in the states is doing it.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:07 AM
well this is the picture you requested

Name:  SP_A0578-1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  116.4 KB
Name:  SP_A0581-1.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  75.5 KB
Name:  SP_A0582.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  101.0 KB
Name:  SP_A0583.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  111.1 KB

is that what you mean porting the head? i am afraid i might mislead you

Old 10-10-2008, 02:12 AM
mind posting it? im very curious about p/p the head cause no one in the states is doing it.
can i know why they are not doing it?

Old 10-10-2008, 02:23 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
can i know why they are not doing it?
because people have tried and the cylinder wall is too thin and they port right into the oil or water passages or the port wall is too thin when they are done and it collapses when they drive the car.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:26 AM
because people have tried and the cylinder wall is too thin and they port right into the oil or water passages or the port wall is too thin when they are done and it collapses when they drive the car.
is that picture that i posted while ago considered to be porting head or not?

Old 10-10-2008, 02:39 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
is that picture that i posted while ago considered to be porting head or not?
it looks like the mechanic in the picture is cleaning the combustion bowl. im talking about opening the intake and exhaust ports that are on the side of the head. if you took your exhaust manifold off and stuck your finger in the backside of the engine. those are the ports im talking about. where they ported too?

Quick Reply: T1R Vs. Password: JDM