Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Blitz Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Ok I see. I really really need to get this haha

Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMGD3
Technically this unit or others like it do not have any HP gains. But since it allows the computer to open the DBW faster and much lower in the RPM band then stock, this means faster acceleration. It has been confirmed by other members that flooring the throttle in any gear wont completely open up the throttle body due to the DBW limiting the butterfly in the TB from opening all the way.

That is why a unit like this one will increase acceleration, as well or better then any single piece of bolt on aftermarket performance upgrade other then a Turbo or S/C.

i hope scratch and dent gets his TC soon so he can test out this statement

btw, driving home from school today with SP3 mode, I got the lowest MPG I ever had.. 28.8mpg.. but that was including waiting in the drive-thru, and stomping the pedal every light I stopped at. Usually going home with the TC off I get 34+mpg. With the TC on and driving 'normally' i get about 32-35mpg.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
Mr. Mike, a question for you sir. I have an inline module that is wired into the air intake temperature sensor power wire. Will this create a problem or will it be compatible with the throttle controller. It functions by modifying the sensor signal to operate in the open mode, enriching the fuel mixture, and advancing the timing at all throttle positions to the same as it would be at the wide open throttle position. I would sure like it if I could use both, because like your product, this device does work in such a manner that you can feel a big difference in acceleration.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMGD3
Pivot 3 Drive Throttle Controller
When I was doing research on the throttle controllers available, I saw some advertisements for the Pivot 3 Drive TC. From what I recall (I might be wrong), the ad stated that the eco mode actually LOWERS throttle response from stock - whereas the other 2 modes increase it like the Blitz TC.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
When I was doing research on the throttle controllers available, I saw some advertisements for the Pivot 3 Drive TC. From what I recall (I might be wrong), the ad stated that the eco mode actually LOWERS throttle response from stock - whereas the other 2 modes increase it like the Blitz TC.
yeah i read about it to. So the ECO mode on the pivot 3 really does save you gas but this is due the throttle being even less responsive than stock.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
I can see where that could be a positive thing, being less responsive than stock, especially if you have to let someone that might abuse your car drive it. driving on ice, loose or muddy surfaces, or trying to keep your aftermarket exhaust noise from attracting unwanted attention. You might want to milk some extra miles out of the tank between the time the low fuel light comes on and you find a gas station late at night out in the sticks, after cranking down on it on the most aggressive setting. Not a bad feature, if you think about it.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I can see where that could be a positive thing, being less responsive than stock, especially if you have to let someone that might abuse your car drive it. driving on ice, loose or muddy surfaces, or trying to keep your aftermarket exhaust noise from attracting unwanted attention. You might want to milk some extra miles out of the tank between the time the low fuel light comes on and you find a gas station late at night out in the sticks, after cranking down on it on the most aggressive setting. Not a bad feature, if you think about it.
hmm. you got a point there. good deal!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
I think the Pivot is only for the GE. At least that's what it looks like from their website.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Mr. Mike, a question for you sir. I have an inline module that is wired into the air intake temperature sensor power wire. Will this create a problem or will it be compatible with the throttle controller. It functions by modifying the sensor signal to operate in the open mode, enriching the fuel mixture, and advancing the timing at all throttle positions to the same as it would be at the wide open throttle position. I would sure like it if I could use both, because like your product, this device does work in such a manner that you can feel a big difference in acceleration.

That i am not sure sir it will work correctly. But im assuming its okay because its no messing with the signals. Best way is to try it with someone that has it already its very hard to say if it will or will not work. Sorry cannot help you there but it seems like it should be okay in my opinion.
Mike

Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Alright update on blitz's inventory for blitz throttle controllers.
Blitz is running low on stock so whoever wants one should get one soon. The inventory we have should last us to begining of next year we are on back order again. So if you want one get one PM me asap before we are out and thanks for looking.
Mike

Old 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Mike, you have a PM. I shook my couch and found juuuuuuussssssstttttt enough for a TC Woooooootttttttt!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Mike, you have a PM. I shook my couch and found juuuuuuussssssstttttt enough for a TC Woooooootttttttt!!!!!!
Congratulations gp- you made a good choice. A local friend bought my T/C from my crashed '07 Fit. Now I am impatiently waiting to add the T/C fun to my new '09 Fit whenever Blitz can get around to designing one for the '09s.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Congratulations gp- you made a good choice. A local friend bought my T/C from my crashed '07 Fit. Now I am impatiently waiting to add the T/C fun to my new '09 Fit whenever Blitz can get around to designing one for the '09s.
One of the Socal GE8 members is getting the prototype TC. So everyone else has to wait until sometime next year for the production version. lol

Old 11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
One of the Socal GE8 members is getting the prototype TC. So everyone else has to wait until sometime next year for the production version. lol
^ You're in love with the TC. Lol!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I was screwing around on E-bay and looking for a good price for the T/C and noticed that quite a few people selling them are marking them as compatible with the GE8. I'm fairly certain that isn't the case, but found it interesting nonetheless. Manx, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for yours and where did you get it from? <<Sorry I realize I should have asked you that question in a PM

Last edited by grtpumpkin; 11-07-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: I'm a tactless jack-ass
Old 11-07-2008, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
^ You're in love with the TC. Lol!
HAHA. dude the TC is the best thing since sliced bread you gota get one. Ever since i took the TC for a test drive ive wanted one so bad! LOL

Old 11-07-2008, 06:04 PM
i will have the at the meet this sunday at a discounted rate special....

check this out!!!!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/cali...bar-b-que.html

Old 11-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
I was screwing around on E-bay and looking for a good price for the T/C and noticed that quite a few people selling them are marking them as compatible with the GE8. I'm fairly certain that isn't the case, but found it interesting nonetheless. Manx, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for yours and where did you get it from? <<Sorry I realize I should have asked you that question in a PM
I was one of the original Group Buyers from Mike Li- blitzusa. I don't even remember what my GB cost was- somewhere around $350- probably a little less than that. doctordoom in SoCal was the first tester on the GD3. His review was so good that about 20 other people all jumped on Mike's offer of a GB, including me.

In fact, with the help of JDMchris, I prevented Internet Brands from censoring out the entire Blitz Group Buy.

I hate to have to sit and wait for the GE version of the T/C, but I already miss my old one, and will wait as long as necessary, and pay whatever is necessary.

Last edited by manxman; 11-07-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:41 PM
dont worry manxman i have put the wiring harness in production for sure i will have it for next year jan or feb latest i promise we just have to look over wiring and get it going.
Mike

Old 11-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by blitzusa
dont worry manxman i have put the wiring harness in production for sure i will have it for next year jan or feb latest i promise we just have to look over wiring and get it going.
Mike
I greatly appreciate you trying to get this done, Mike. If I can help in any way, please let me know. You have a very large, growing market waiting for the new version. There will be a lot more GE's waiting for Throttle Controllers than there are GD's already on the street.

Last edited by manxman; 11-07-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Blitz Throttle Controller