Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Blitz Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by manxman
Very good description! I had my Blitz controller for only about a month before crashing my '07, and hate the fact that Blitz does not have a model that works on the '09 Fit that I just bought as a replacement. Those of us with new '09s have a reason to be jealous of any 1st. Gen Fit with a Blitz Throttle Controller.
Blitz has a prototype for the GE8. Another fitfreak member and I were at Blitz last night. We tested it on his GE8 and i got a chance to test it on my GD3 and everything went well with the GE8. But what he told me was that on the GE8 throttle is only 70%. But its up to 100% on the GD3. Don't know why that is but there is one for the GE8 on the way

Old 10-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
Blitz has a prototype for the GE8. Another fitfreak member and I were at Blitz last night. We tested it on his GE8 and i got a chance to test it on my GD3 and everything went well with the GE8. But what he told me was that on the GE8 throttle is only 70%. But its up to 100% on the GD3. Don't know why that is but there is one for the GE8 on the way
Thanks man!!! You made my day. I will contact Mike Li and get my name on his waiting list.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man!!! You made my day. I will contact Mike Li and get my name on his waiting list.
HAHA! good to hear! its friday as well. and I think you will be glad to know that the GE8 had tire slippage shifting to each gear. may want to get an LSD too. LOLL!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:00 PM
GE8 and all other cars just hold i will spread the love around. I will develope it for other cars. It takes time but the GE8 has been prototyped already and i know it works for sure. I will have to see when i can get it realeased and made for sale. If you guys want to build me a GB list for the GE8 let me know.
Mike

Old 10-31-2008, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blitzusa
GE8 and all other cars just hold i will spread the love around. I will develope it for other cars. It takes time but the GE8 has been prototyped already and i know it works for sure. I will have to see when i can get it realeased and made for sale. If you guys want to build me a GB list for the GE8 let me know.
Mike
Will it still help in turbo applications or will the reprogrammed already fix this??

Old 10-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned
Mike
Thanks a LOT Mike. I am looking forward to your announcement. I don't even NEED a GB deal, but will certainly accept one if offered. If not, just let me know that they are ready and I will buy.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:27 PM
from what i know we have some that work on turbo charged cars and supercharged vehicles i cannot fully say it will work what i do recommend is that if your in so cali and your curious if it works you're welcome to come here and i will install it for you but you do know there is no warranty or guarnetee if it will work.
Mike

Old 10-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Exclamation

If you guys want to build me a GB list for the GE8 let me know.
Mike
That would work just fine... put me on the list if it gets made!!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
thanks mike.

awesome customer service.

i pulled in and he came out to say hi. i bought and he put it on for me.

when i left i put it on sp3. i gave it a little gas and i reved it up on accident (the response of the throttle is really great). i pulled out the parking lot floored it and i just smiled. i'm having way to much fun.

this is a great item. it makes daily drive so much better. if you don't have it, this is a must buy right now. call mike (blitzusa). thanks for the deal

Old 11-02-2008, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
here's a new video of me attempting to compare the Blitz TC OFF and in SP3 mode.
YouTube - Honda Fit-Blitz Throttle Controller- OFF and SP3 comparison

I just realized since I'm testing it in D mode, I could have just held the camera closer to the gauge for a better comparison instead of wedged between the headrest and seat lol

maybe another day

Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
That would work just fine... put me on the list if it gets made!!
JDM-
Don't wait for a GB list! The last one took about two months to come to an end. Sure, it saved us a few bucks, but I would much rather have had the controller earlier at a little more expense. I only got to use the TC for about a month before my GD3 got wrecked. I am holding my breath for the new TC to be ready for the GE8's. The minute Mike says "they're here!", I will buy. I am happy that a local friend of mine bought my Group Buy controller for his GD, and that gives me the budget for the new one.

Honestly, if you see the GE version ready for sale, jump on it and do not wait. With your easy access to all of the upgrade stuff for the GE's, you will find the Throttle Controller to be the most effective upgrade you can buy.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by suketoborudo00
here's a new video of me attempting to compare the Blitz TC OFF and in SP3 mode.
YouTube - Honda Fit-Blitz Throttle Controller- OFF and SP3 comparison

I just realized since I'm testing it in D mode, I could have just held the camera closer to the gauge for a better comparison instead of wedged between the headrest and seat lol

maybe another day
Thanks for the vid!! I can't wait to put that thing on my Fit

Old 11-05-2008, 11:33 AM
I was curious if anyone here has any experience with the Pivot 3 Drive Throttle Controller? It is about $100 less then the Blitz unit and advertises to do the same thing. It also has a patent pending on its ECO Mode which by Pivot's tests shows to increase fuel economy by a few percent on the Japanese spec models that the tests were done on.

It is a bit more complicated in its method of accomplishing the same goal as the Blitz unit but the end result is the same. The Blitz unit though doesnt really say a whole lot on its fuel savings features even though it does have an ECO mode. The Pivot on the other hand advertises quite openly that does indeed save fuel.

If anyone has anymore info on this, not manufacturer info but know anyone who has used it or you have used it yourself, I would like to know more about that, thanks guys.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
can we get some 1/4 mile time comparisons?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Whats funny with a product like this is it does give the sensation of the car being faster. Technically it is faster throughout the whole powerband as opposed to without it since the Fit's DBW limits throttle opening at certain RPM's and throttle input. I would suspect that the Blitz or Pivot unit would shave 0-60 sprints and 1/4 times considerably, more so then with any single piece of bolt on shy of FI.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JDMGD3
I was curious if anyone here has any experience with the Pivot 3 Drive Throttle Controller? It is about $100 less then the Blitz unit and advertises to do the same thing. It also has a patent pending on its ECO Mode which by Pivot's tests shows to increase fuel economy by a few percent on the Japanese spec models that the tests were done on.

It is a bit more complicated in its method of accomplishing the same goal as the Blitz unit but the end result is the same. The Blitz unit though doesnt really say a whole lot on its fuel savings features even though it does have an ECO mode. The Pivot on the other hand advertises quite openly that does indeed save fuel.

If anyone has anymore info on this, not manufacturer info but know anyone who has used it or you have used it yourself, I would like to know more about that, thanks guys.
I'm a fan of the Blitz controller, but would certainly be interested in information on any and all competitors. The cost of the Blitz is completely justified by its performance, and competition between makers of this kind of hardware would encourage the development of even higher performance and maybe reduced prices.

JDMGD3- thanks for both of your posts. Very good points in both, and nice find with the Pivot brand.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm a fan of the Blitz controller, but would certainly be interested in information on any and all competitors. The cost of the Blitz is completely justified by its performance, and competition between makers of this kind of hardware would encourage the development of even higher performance and maybe reduced prices.

JDMGD3- thanks for both of your posts. Very good points in both, and nice find with the Pivot brand.
No problem, glad I can help. What I am also wondering is if anyone has a chart that outlines X and Y, X being RPM and Y being throttle input so we can see exactly how much the Fit's DBW opens up the throttle based on the input. I know Blitz has that chart but im not sure if that is using the Fit as an example or another application.

If anyone has access to a chart like this that illustrates how the Fit's DBW actually works in terms of throttle input versus throttle opening based on RPM, that would be great. This is when we can actually compare the stock Fit's DBW and with a device like Blitz or Pivot.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Arrow 1/4 mile times

Originally Posted by drzenitram
can we get some 1/4 mile time comparisons?
I should be receiving mine soon, and I plan on taking it to a dragway as soon as possible. I will try to take times on all 5 modes, but I may only get to do 2 or 3, in which case I will do OFF, then SP3, then ECO, etc. Last time I went, I only got 3 tries.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I thought this mod wouldn't change the 1/4 mile times?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
I thought this mod wouldn't change the 1/4 mile times?
Technically this unit or others like it do not have any HP gains. But since it allows the computer to open the DBW faster and much lower in the RPM band then stock, this means faster acceleration. It has been confirmed by other members that flooring the throttle in any gear wont completely open up the throttle body due to the DBW limiting the butterfly in the TB from opening all the way.

That is why a unit like this one will increase acceleration, as well or better then any single piece of bolt on aftermarket performance upgrade other then a Turbo or S/C.

Quick Reply: Blitz Throttle Controller