Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

kelsodeez dyno sheets..........FINALLY!!! (T1R TURBO)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Ahhh I see. I use a PSI gauge. I have a MBC but it's defective, waiting to get another one. PSI gauge is unstable. It will jump up to 9psi then 8psi and then at higher rpms at 6psi. Thats with the crappy MBC I'm using. Also I need my vacuum lines cleaned. I think when I first blew my turbo, the oil was leaking everywhere and my vacuum lines have some oil build up.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
did your tuner put a voltage regulator on your map sensor?? because my turbo would spike up to 14 psi at peak boost because the voltage off the map sensor was spiking, also my vaccum hoses werent hooked up propperly so my wastegate wasnt discharging. probably not the case with yours but its worth looking into.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:45 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
oh and i need an oil catch can kinda badly. i have a little bit of oil spraying out of my vaccum lines.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
oh and i need an oil catch can kinda badly. i have a little bit of oil spraying out of my vaccum lines.
Where is it coming out of? My oil build up is in the 2 T sections.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
i think skunk2 blew an L15 at 15psi. i forget.

That fit Didnt blow til it was upped to 21psi... It was taking 18psi nicely.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
same here. it blows out all over my bov and the underside of my hood. i have a ghetto ass weapon r oil catch can that i need to hook up for now until i can find a better one.i am also going to go look into fittings to hook up the water sleeve on the turbo today. should help with cooling of the turbo.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
same here. it blows out all over my bov and the underside of my hood. i have a ghetto ass weapon r oil catch can that i need to hook up for now until i can find a better one.i am also going to go look into fittings to hook up the water sleeve on the turbo today. should help with cooling of the turbo.
Let me know how much you get those sleeves for. I want one

Old 08-11-2008, 01:01 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
u already have the sleeve. you just need a T fitting to hook up the draw for the coolant, then you need a AN fitting or whatever will work for the feed and the return. . you know those holes between the turbo that are tapped? those are to run coolant through your turbo but i think to either cut cost or because its not really neccesarry, they didnt include lines for that in the kit.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
yes I do remember those extra little things. I was thinking of something else actually, the heat shield over the turbo like some turbo cars have. Its the Foil looking sleeve, kind of flexible. I'm thinking of thermo wrapping the dump pipe and down pipe as well.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:32 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
yea i was thinking about thermo wrapping my downpipe when i have it out to install my wideband.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
I have a bung ready for the wideband. Just need to get it. I'm going to get the AEM one.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
yea thats what i got. seems like the industry standard as far as uego widebands go. all i have to do is find a good place to mount it.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
Finding a good place to mount gauges was always my problem. I never liked the pillar set-up or in glove box. Cutting holes in the dashboard isn't that great either.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:20 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
hahaha yea dude, i have some gnarly holes in my dash for my gauge pod. but i think i am going to mount my wideband hanging down from the sun visor over the main gauges. i just have to find the right size bracket for my application.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
My best place to think of was above the rear view mirror or under the a/c controls. Multiple gauges work above the rear view. I'd like to keep the dash as is.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Did your oil start blowing out/leaking right away? or after some time? I just installed my kit this past weekend and everything is perfect so far.. no leaks.

I added the oil cooler kit with my turbo.. it wasn't too hard to make a custom bracket for it, but the lines were quite thick.. I'll need to wrap them so that they don't chaffe up the rad hose or anything else. I mounted the cooler in the same location as the AJ-R Time Attack fit.. behind the driver fog lamp.

I also added some Redline Water Wetter to my coolant. It supposed to keep the temps down as much as 30 degrees..

As for my gauges, I went with the Mugen gauge pod.. but instead of the Assist meters, I installed Prosport gauges (boost, oil temp and water temp).. It looks pretty slick.

Last edited by YeeFit; 08-11-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Did your oil start blowing out/leaking right away? or after some time? I just installed my kit this past weekend and everything is perfect so far.. no leaks.

I added the oil cooler kit with my turbo.. it wasn't too hard to make a custom bracket for it, but the lines were quite thick.. I'll need to wrap them so that they don't chaffe up the rad hose or anything else. I mounted the cooler in the same location as the AJ-R Time Attack fit.. behind the driver fog lamp.

I also added some Redline Water Wetter to my coolant. It supposed to keep the temps down as much as 30 degrees..

As for my gauges, I went with the Mugen gauge pod.. but instead of the Assist meters, I installed Prosport gauges (boost, oil temp and water temp).. It looks pretty slick.
Mine blew cuz it went on the dyno like after 30 miles. I do not recommend Redline Water Wetter because it will turn into gel over time.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Mine blew cuz it went on the dyno like after 30 miles. I do not recommend Redline Water Wetter because it will turn into gel over time.
Oh really? I was told by the speed shop that its was one of the best things you can use to keep the temps down.. they never said anything about it turning into gel..?

Old 08-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I was going to add a coolant wetter as well later on. Any links handy to this Gel issue?

Old 08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
It's just consumer reports like this one I found just a second ago googling.

Using water as coolant..How do I stop the rust/corrosion? - Page 2 - FordMuscle.com Forums

Most people don't get that problem with gel, but it can happen. My shop owner didn't recommend it. They used to sell it, but discontinued it because it was much of a hassle. They are the ones that told me it can gel up.

Also as i was reading somewhere in that search, Dexcool was said to be one of the gel up types.

Coolant Replacement Tips

Quick Reply: kelsodeez dyno sheets..........FINALLY!!! (T1R TURBO)