Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

T1R B-Max Carbon Intake Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Question T1R B-Max Carbon Intake Questions

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting one of these and I want more information before making a purchase, maybe you can help me out...

I look at my stock intake and I see at least little 2 metal pipes coming out of it and going into the engine and throttle, which makes me think they're important. I don't know what they do, and I don't really think I need to know what they do in order to put a different pipe there. What I'm wondering is does the T1R intake have places for those to be run to?

How difficult is it to remove the old intake and how difficult is it to put the new one in with those metal pipes being what they are?

Also, if anyone has any info on realistic MPG changes let me know.

Any info really helps, any pictures of how its done would be extremely helpful. The most engine modding I've ever done amounts to dropping in a K&N filter, so this is all very new to me.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Here's a closeup of the connections you are asking about. I love the throatiness of mine.

Here's what the complete intake can look like with a done up engine compartment.

I did mine about a year ago. I remember the instructions were non-existent but it isn't hard. You have to remove the battery to make it easier. The pics should help you a bunch. Welcome to Fit Freak, enjoy and good luck.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
This intake has a hole for everything you need. Taking the old one out was a snap, putting in the new one was a little more advanced. There is a great DIY on here from FITOFRAGE. Search for it, it even has advice for the minor problems everyone seems to be having. As far as milage, im still on my first normal tank with it on. Seems to be no real changes so far.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Fit Freak Member
Originally Posted by radareclipse

Here's what the complete intake can look like with a done up engine compartment.

I did mine about a year ago. I remember the instructions were non-existent but it isn't hard. You have to remove the battery to make it easier. The pics should help you a bunch. Welcome to Fit Freak, enjoy and good luck.
Great pic!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks

Thanks guys, great info.

Radar, that closeup pic was exactly what i was looking for. Btw, I really love how shiney your engine cover thing is maybe I'll paint mine when I'm working on the intake.

Illmatic, good call on the DIY I'll go check that out and it will probably keep me from ruining anything.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
The carbon fiber cover is from Zeta Products. DON'T GET ONE for those that are reading this. If photographs well, but the finish comes with scratches in it. Zeta was great in getting the supplier to get ahold of me and get me a new one. But you know what, it came with scratches too. I gave up. I forgot the DIY from our friend in British Columbia. FitofRage was great.

Glad I could help TrickyPantz. That's why I posted.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
I don't know if you found the DIY yet, but its a "sticky" in the Fix It Yourself: Discuss Do It Yourself..... section. Like the fifth one down.