Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

New intake coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
PRM
pics coming soon

sorry the only pics i have is of Kifu's install pics.the only difference being the silicone will have two nipples on it, up by the throttle body for the air temp sensor & pcv line- real sweet set-up. i will have pics for you as soon as the pieces come in,next week some time, silicone is made in california so it will take 5 to 6 days to get here.I have the 5 pieces & some other stuff leaving cali. today.i'm hoping it will be here for wed. or thur. of next week.should get the orders out by Friday of next week.

i'll have product pics & install pics for you next week.

thanks for the orders guy's you will not be disappointed!!

gerry

Old 09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by PRM
i have 3 black & 2 blue coming, they are all gone except 1 blue,Kifu is the only one that ordered blue, so i have 1 blue kit left, let me know if anyone wants this blue one , everybody is ordering black, so on that note i changed my 25 piece order to all black, colors red & blue will be available on the 3rd batch only if i see an interest in those colors.
my silicone people are making hoses as we speak, got them to fast track
my order, so you guy's shouldn't be waiting to long.

gerry
This situation has changed again. I asked Gerry to change the Black sleeve intake that I ordered to Blue instead. So he has one more Black left in stock from the first batch, and no more Blue.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PRM
sorry the only pics i have is of Kifu's install pics.the only difference being the silicone will have two nipples on it, up by the throttle body for the air temp sensor & pcv line- real sweet set-up. i will have pics for you as soon as the pieces come in,next week some time, silicone is made in california so it will take 5 to 6 days to get here.I have the 5 pieces & some other stuff leaving cali. today.i'm hoping it will be here for wed. or thur. of next week.should get the orders out by Friday of next week.

i'll have product pics & install pics for you next week.

thanks for the orders guy's you will not be disappointed!!

gerry

What about the mounting brackets? lol sorry i just want to know. I remember seeing the pic, it was mounted with the clamp so just wondering how that was changed. *snickers* You said nipples..... 2 of them lmao

Old 09-19-2008, 01:48 AM
PRM
yes nipples

i've been refering them as nipples for the last 10 years,i like nipples!!two of them.you know i was the first company (in 1997) that made entire intake hoses (pipe)out of silicone. check out some of our early civic kits on our web site for an example.or just back up on this thread there is a blue 92-95 civic kit that some one posted.
i will take pics of the bracket also, it fastens to a bracket that holds the stock air box, it sets just under the filter, i'm not sure if you can see it in
Kifu's pics.

gerry

Old 09-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Does this intake connect to the stock rubber snorkel piece that connects to the hole in the fenderwell or is that piece removed and the end of the PRM just sits close to the hole?

Old 09-19-2008, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
The stock rubber piece is removed and the open end of the PRM filter sits right in front of that hole.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
lmao look at my signature quote haha sorry Gerry i had to man.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by kifu
The stock rubber piece is removed and the open end of the PRM filter sits right in front of that hole.
That being the case, when my intake arrives, I will measure the o.d. of the inlet end of the intake. Then I will look for some kind of flexible tube that can be clamped to the inlet end of the intake, and cut it long enough to go inside the fender well hole. That way no hot air from the engine bay can be scavenged into the intake.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Retired Moderator
I cant wait to see some reviews guys.
I look foward to buying this unit depending on fitment. The Weapon R intake that i recently bought doesnt fit right at all, and it drives me nuts.
Like i said, look foward to reviews

Old 09-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
That being the case, when my intake arrives, I will measure the o.d. of the inlet end of the intake. Then I will look for some kind of flexible tube that can be clamped to the inlet end of the intake, and cut it long enough to go inside the fender well hole. That way no hot air from the engine bay can be scavenged into the intake.

It might also be possible to connect the intake to that stock rubber snorkel somehow.

That would provide a well-sealed CAI without any worries about sucking in debris/water.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ezduzit
It might also be possible to connect the intake to that stock rubber snorkel somehow.

That would provide a well-sealed CAI without any worries about sucking in debris/water.
Yeah, I thought of that. The problem with that idea is, in 3 years my Fit will require a CA smog inspection, test, and certification that is sent to our state Dept. of Motor Vehicles. Without the smog test, I can't get my yearly license tags. Since this new intake system does not have a CARB exempt status (so far, no non-stock intakes have that status), I will have to change out the custom intake and replace the stock one every time I need to get smog certification for the state (every two years in my county).

Sooo, if I cut up the stock fender well snorkel, I can't make the intake stock again for the tests.

I don't think that sealing the PRM unit to the fender hole is absolutely necessary, but I have not even seen the intake in person yet. I just want to get the best of the CAI performance that I can. The other thing is, if, by sealing the PRM to the fender hole makes any restriction in the air flow (if the fender hole is smaller than the PRM intake opening), that would reduce the effectiveness of the new intake. I would rather suck in a little hot air along with the cold rather than make any air flow restriction.

Woops, I forgot that you are up here in CA too. I think that you will appreciate my reasoning on this more than some Fit owner out of CA.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Banned
Yeah, I thought of that. The problem with that idea is, in 3 years my Fit will require a CA smog inspection, test, and certification that is sent to our state Dept. of Motor Vehicles. Without the smog test, I can't get my yearly license tags. Since this new intake system does not have a CARB exempt status (so far, no non-stock intakes have that status), I will have to change out the custom intake and replace the stock one every time I need to get smog certification for the state (every two years in my county).

Sooo, if I cut up the stock fender well snorkel, I can't make the intake stock again for the tests.

I don't think that sealing the PRM unit to the fender hole is absolutely necessary, but I have not even seen the intake in person yet. I just want to get the best of the CAI performance that I can. The other thing is, if, by sealing the PRM to the fender hole makes any restriction in the air flow (if the fender hole is smaller than the PRM intake opening), that would reduce the effectiveness of the new intake. I would rather suck in a little hot air along with the cold rather than make any air flow restriction.

Woops, I forgot that you are up here in CA too. I think that you will appreciate my reasoning on this more than some Fit owner out of CA.
Answer from PRM/Gerry--------

Gerry PM'd me and stated that my idea of a seal is completely unnecessary, and might be counterproductive (the fender hole probably IS smaller than the i.d. of the inlet tube of the intake). He says that at normal driving speeds, high pressure air is coming in from the stock intake air path through the fender, and that the intake is close enough to the fender hole to only take in cold (whatever the ambient temp. actually is) air.

My concern was for air flow at slow, heavy traffic speeds on hot days. But my current SRI does not cause any problems under these conditions, so the new PRM certainly won't do that either. Thanks for the "heads-up" PM, Gerry.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 PM
soooooooooo I just came back from seeing Gerry today.. I couldn't wait for the "real" kit, so I got what Kifu had on his car and what can I say... the hype if FOR REAL... I've had many intakes in the past including Comptech, AEM, Injen among others and let me tell you this intake that Gerry has developed is AMAZING... full review and pics to come soon

Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
ahh i can't wait for the full review!
this intake sounds EPIC

Old 09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i'm itching for mines lmao

*drum rolls*

Still waiting lmao

Old 09-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Waiting patiently as well...you guys will NOT be disappointed,both by product and the customer service Gerry at PRM offers.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:16 AM
im thinking when people start getting their intakes and posting reviews make a seperate thread for it cause this one is gettin kinda long.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye
im thinking when people start getting their intakes and posting reviews make a seperate thread for it cause this one is gettin kinda long.
Good point. Whoever gets their production model first, just start the new thread and the rest of us can just add to it.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
(wonders is it's gonna be me) I think one of you will get it before me

Old 09-24-2008, 01:52 AM

Oh yeah, I can appreciate that reasoning very well. I've kept every single stock piece so that I can return it to stock when I have to get it smogged. I've also not made any emissions type mods that I can't undo, although having to remove my header and reinstall the stock exhaust manifold is something I'm going to try to avoid. I have the stock heat shield installed over my header so maybe the smog station won't notice it.

Quick Reply: New intake coming soon...