Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Caution: Intake warning!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Dude did you even own an ep3? Cause I did, and with an Injen CAI, Megan Midpipe, and DC Race header I was putting down 165 whp over the stock 138 (K20A3). I kept the stock axelback as it was VERY quiet and proven to flow well enough to handle 200+ hp.

I would agree that on an ep3 the intake made around 5hp only, but I have no dyno for that.

The Mishomoto is a great buy, and I just noticed that TunerzImage has them on for $180, snatch them up while you can!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Mishomoto is garbage in my eyes, i won't dare trust their RD on the products the put out.

but lets not start an HP war about who made what with what.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SYMBIOTIX
Dude did you even own an ep3? Cause I did, and with an Injen CAI, Megan Midpipe, and DC Race header I was putting down 165 whp over the stock 138 (K20A3). I kept the stock axelback as it was VERY quiet and proven to flow well enough to handle 200+ hp.

I would agree that on an ep3 the intake made around 5hp only, but I have no dyno for that.

The Mishomoto is a great buy, and I just noticed that TunerzImage has them on for $180, snatch them up while you can!

Yes, I did, 05. Dank24 on ephatch.com.

I am saying the INTAKE alone does not give you 8whp your claiming. Cause that is nearly a 12% increase from the stock whp on the fit. A intake is not going to do such a thing on such a tiny 1.5L motor.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm not here to argue... I just thought your first post was fairly confrontational. This Dyno "should" stand as evidence... however it is from Tunerzine (I don't really know the mag)....

What I do know is that I have the intake (and I wouldn' personally shell out for a dyno on an intake of my own car... leave that to the mags, and R&D people). The intake is great, and I believe it is mostly in part to it's "chambered" design. Seems to be a catch phrase with the Fit... but it makes sense..

I will note, however, that when cruising with AC at around 130-140km/h you get a constant drone from the intake... regardless of full throttle/partial throttle. This can be annoying if you are a low key type of person like me.

On a lighter note: It's nice to know there is someone else out there who moved from an EP3 to a GD3. Both great cars, but the EP3 was soooo original... I plan on picking one up again in a few years

Last edited by SYMBIOTIX; 06-13-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Yea, I just got rid of mine cause cause is nuts. But then I bought a 04 s2k and a cbr

Anyway, no harm here. Just voicing my opinion.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I'd kind of like to hear more info about people's experience regarding warranties and intakes. I just put a SSI on my Fit today that's 9 months old and I'm curious how they might react if I took it to the dealer with the intake on there. Have any of you ran into any problems?

Old 06-21-2008, 12:23 AM
well with some time to kill tonight I decieded to double check and see how the hose was doing... no further damage but I don't like having it in the back of my mind so I put in a few minuets of legitimate thought on how to fix the problem and it hit me....

these little metal sleeves with the rubber grommets and longer bolts from the stock air box..

I decided to use these under both the brackets for the Mishimoto intake.

The result.... about 3/8" of clearance

problem solved

Old 06-21-2008, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
thats awesome

i'm gonna do the same in the morning

Old 06-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Nice dyno....don't listen to everyone. There are always going to be people who talk BS and don't believe anything. Keep it for yourself...it's not worth it.
To tell you the truth....the people who are talkin' they are the one's with no money to dyno their FIT's.

tonyd

Old 06-27-2008, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Nice dyno....don't listen to everyone. There are always going to be people who talk BS and don't believe anything. Keep it for yourself...it's not worth it.
To tell you the truth....the people who are talkin' they are the one's with no money to dyno their FIT's.

tonyd
Me? I own a business that I profit over $200k+ a year, I am an RN, and going for my doctor's. So don't speak about "I have no money to dyno my car". I am just not stupid thinking about major gains from simple bolt ons. Plus I am not stubborn like you saying my car dynod 139whp from an intake and exhaust on a base 90-93whp. No basic bolt on is ever going to give you a 35-36% power increase from a intake and exhaust. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-dyno-day.html
Those kind of HP increases come from FI.

EDIT: Sorry for raising this from the dead. I was in Moscow on business.

Last edited by dank24; 06-27-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
this is the reason why i love fitfreak:

i read through the thread.
saw a fight.
saw the might being made up.
sweeeet

Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by dank24
Me? I own a business that I profit over $200k+ a year, I am an RN, and going for my doctor's. So don't speak about "I have no money to dyno my car". I am just not stupid thinking about major gains from simple bolt ons. Plus I am not stubborn like you saying my car dynod 139whp from an intake and exhaust on a base 90-93whp. No basic bolt on is ever going to give you a 35-36% power increase from a intake and exhaust. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-dyno-day.html
Those kind of HP increases come from FI.

EDIT: Sorry for raising this from the dead. I was in Moscow on business.
I think this was a mix up. Calm down with your 200+k a year...registered nurse bla bla.....it's what the dyno said. Again no harm done.....to be honest I don't care..lol.

tonyd

Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 PM
No they can't... Too many variables (ie altitude and all that)

In fact I dont see why you are removing the airbox anyways. It will due no harm nor void any warranty. They will have to honor your warranty even with it on there. In order for them to not cover something under warranty the onus is on them to prove that your intake is responsible for whatever the problem is.
before you say the warranty is not going to be a problem you should read it.the number three point(under "warranty shall not cover") in the honda canada warranty guide that came with your car states, any repairs required as a result of remodelling or modification made to accomodate or install any accessories,attachments,parts or devices which have not been tested and approved by HONDA CANADA INC. i doubt most dealers would care but if you go in with a chip on your shoulder you will find you have no warranty.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
I think this was a mix up. Calm down with your 200+k a year...registered nurse bla bla.....it's what the dyno said. Again no harm done.....to be honest I don't care..lol.

tonyd

Well saying people do or do not have the fiancial support (either way, it does not matter) to do something is a personal blow.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Well saying people do or do not have the fiancial support (either way, it does not matter) to do something is a personal blow.
I thought you were showing some results and other fitfreaker's were talking down on it.....so I was telling you in A NUT SHELL...don't listen to anyone. My statement was misconstrude.
And I am not saying you have no cash......just a big mix up.
But thanks for reposting my dyno sheets!

tonyd

Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
So your only making 5 less WHP than kraftworks upgraded supercharger kit? Amazing with a intake and exhaust.......

Maybe if you added a pully kit you can get around 150whp.

Last edited by dank24; 06-28-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by kyle.
this is the reason why i love fitfreak:

i read through the thread.
saw a fight.
saw the might being made up.
sweeeet

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO

Old 06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
im pretty sure this is common with any intake you install...you gotta make sure they stay away from the hoses, esp if metal is touching the hoses. gj on catching it early and resolving the problem.

does anybody know what size bolt/thread i need to use the stock intake mounts? right now my cai is just sitting in there, would like to secure it but lost the bolts...haha

Last edited by kancerr; 06-28-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kancerr
im pretty sure this is common with any intake you install...you gotta make sure they stay away from the hoses, esp if metal is touching the hoses. gj on catching it early and resolving the problem.

does anybody know what size bolt/thread i need to use the stock intake mounts? right now my cai is just sitting in there, would like to secure it but lost the bolts...haha
I am sure you can go to honda and buy one.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
I am sure you can go to honda and buy one.

i could...but when i ask them for a 3 1/2 inch long bolt they might start asking questions i dont feel like answering.

Quick Reply: Caution: Intake warning!