Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

CAI carb question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 AM
CAI carb question!!!

hi guys just a simple question here
is question:
AEM the only company with a carb legal intake???
im looking into getting one but for AEM 250 is alot of buck with not much bang

mucho thanks for the answers guys/ gals
or better yet fitfreakers

Old 04-12-2008, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dickiez
hi guys just a simple question here
is question:
AEM the only company with a carb legal intake???
im looking into getting one but for AEM 250 is alot of buck with not much bang

mucho thanks for the answers guys/ gals
or better yet fitfreakers
K&N is the only other intake system that i know that has the carb sticker on it. its not a real big deal that they dont have the sticker on the intake systems, they all will pretty much pass smog because there mostly copies of the aem and k&n intakes. if your worried about the smog passing, dont be, it will pass fine, the only thing is if you get pulled over then sum cops are *** about it and might say wheres the carb sticker on ur intake. the reason why aem and k&n are so expensive is because your paying for the sticker, it costed them a lot of money to get it carb passed so they raise there price to make there money back. i would highly suggest getting the intake that i have, the HPS CAI intake. it works just like the aem and can be converted to SRI. the filter works real nice and sounds amazing, the performance is strong and is well worth it. i payed 100 bucks for mine and it comes with free shipping. id say thats your best bet. i hope i helped any. heres the link to the site you can order it from. it has a dyno video of it to show you what it sounds like and has a grid showing how much HP you gain, i think its atleast 5 HP, you can def feel it when your driving it.

Honda 06 07 Fit / Jazz 1.5L MT - HPS Cold Air Intake System Kit: HPS-88-0518 HiProSpeed Auto Parts Performance Store