Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

exhaust choices ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Smile exhaust choices ??

I wanna change my exhaust soon , pls. help me to choose :

1. Spoon N1 and B pipe

2. Spoon street and B pipe

3. J's racing 50 RS cat back exhaust

Help me to choose pls.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by polar_bear

1. Spoon N1 and B pipe

Help me to choose pls.

J's racing.

I dont have it, but i've heard a lot of positive feed back on J's racing exhaust

Old 03-31-2008, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
j's. just because i want it LOL

Old 03-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by polar_bear

1. Spoon N1 and B pipe

Help me to choose pls.

Honestly.......none of the above. I am going to catch some crap for this, but they are all too loud and crackly sounding. I would personally look into the Tanabe Medallion. It is a little more subtle for city driving, but stil gives a good deep sound, and the added performance from your exhaust (both hp. of it.).

Of course, that is MY opinion. What really counts is what you think. I would urge you to look at the long term. After a couple thousand miles the loud droning sound of an exhaust can get to you. But do what you please. As long as you are happy with your choice that's what matters.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
forget what people say. if you got the cash, and dont care. your first choice SHOULD BE the j's racing exhaust without a doubt.

but i mean if you wanna save some money i think the spoon exhaust would be alright.

but if you really wanna save money then get the spoon axleback. and the aspec b-pipe.

but like i said before if you got the money grab the j's

Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
the j's is made of titanium. it'd benefit you with weight reduction over the stock parts

Old 04-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
the j's is made of titanium. it'd benefit you with weight reduction over the stock parts

yeah i've felt that bad boy. i drooled when i picked it up and thought "i wish mine was this light" hahahaha

Old 04-01-2008, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
All good choices, but -- and this is coming from direct, personal experience, go for the J's all the way. You will not regret it in any way, trust me on this.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
werd. if i get exhaust *other than my cherry bomb :P* it'll be the j's

Old 04-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i agree, j's!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
or the soon to come out T1R..cough cough....it's supposly pretty quiet, with the looks of J's...wish my blood are richer.. : P

Old 04-01-2008, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
If you've got the $$$....

your only choice is the J's Racing.

Trust me on this!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
I was going to say go with the spoon N1 and B-pipe but it looks like every one and there mother likes the J's Racing. I have the N1 and B-pipe and I love the sound, I have also heard sound clips from the J's racing and thought it sounded realy good, I would have gone with it if I dint get spoon. I think both of them sound real good, I think it will come down to what you think looks good and can afford.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:23 PM
i myself just ordered the Spoon N1 axle-back (FINALLY decided) and am curious about something.....does it have a throaty sound to it and is it only loud during hard acceleration (whats it like just cruising around)?....one more little "?".....are B-pipes really necessary?.....ive heard some say they are next to pointless on the FIT (as in...no considerable gains) and ive heard some say they DO make a difference.....i imagine if i installed a header, which will happen sooner or later, a B-pipe would make more sense right?

Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
i have this dedicated but silly goal to make my car primarily Mugen and Spoon.....and right now im only rolling with a Mugen drop-in filter and a Spoon N1 on the way with plans for a Spoon B-pipe and Mugen header in the future. if anyone knows.....is there a DIY "header install" anywhere around here???....could be VERY helpful in the future, took a look at the motor yesterday and realized that in order to install the header....more than likely ill have to removie the air-box and ALL of its components...or is it simpler than that???

Old 04-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by gmayronne
i myself just ordered the Spoon N1 axle-back (FINALLY decided) and am curious about something.....does it have a throaty sound to it and is it only loud during hard acceleration (whats it like just cruising around)?....one more little "?".....are B-pipes really necessary?.....ive heard some say they are next to pointless on the FIT (as in...no considerable gains) and ive heard some say they DO make a difference.....i imagine if i installed a header, which will happen sooner or later, a B-pipe would make more sense right?
With just the axle-back at idle and maybe around under 3,000rpm you will hardly notice that you have a exhaust. Hard accelerating it makes some more noise.

^^Sound clip of just axle-back^^

I got the B-pipe on resently and I dont know if it real made that big of a diffrents. The stock pipe is alot smaller then the spoon B-pipe so im sure it would make a diffrents in performance. The biggest thing I have noticed adding the B-pipe is how more noticeable the Exhaust is now.

Last edited by MNfit; 04-02-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:46 PM
awesome thank you, that clip sells me on the N1 and makes me that much more eager to get it in and on my car. it dosent sound raspy or poppy (i feared that at first).....sounds kinda MEAN for a FIT, which ive been told by many people is......"cute" (and yes this comes from females mostly)

Old 04-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned
I'm a big fan of the Spoon Street, I can't stand the look of N1 mufflers.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
is there a difference in HP gains when comparing the Spoon N1 and Spoon Street muffler???....i would imagine the N1 offers a bit more. i prefer the N1 because of its sound (which i just heard.....sounds hella good) and subtle appearance....im not a big fan of wide open HUGE tips on certain exhaust set-ups (like the T1R......i swear i could stick my fist in that thing) but the Spoon Street and N1 look good in a "stock" way. i think both the N1 and Street look great, i just went with the N1 so i could achieve some sound....the Street is completely silent isnt it???

Old 04-03-2008, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gmayronne
i have this dedicated but silly goal to make my car primarily Mugen and Spoon.....and right now im only rolling with a Mugen drop-in filter and a Spoon N1 on the way with plans for a Spoon B-pipe and Mugen header in the future. if anyone knows.....is there a DIY "header install" anywhere around here???....could be VERY helpful in the future, took a look at the motor yesterday and realized that in order to install the header....more than likely ill have to removie the air-box and ALL of its components...or is it simpler than that???
I have the J's Muffler and B-pipe combined with the Mugen header and drop in-filter. Awesome combination in my opinion. The header is the piece that is connected from the engine to the first catalytic converter. If you follow your exhaust pipe from the back of the car to the motor you will find what you are looking for. Also you can do the entire install without removing the air-box.

Quick Reply: exhaust choices ??