Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Hps Intake!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Hps Intake!

ok whats the deal with this intake system? has anyone got this thing on there car yet? i want something to make my HFP muffler sound like it looks. and i wanted something that i could switch back and forth to a cold air and a short ram, now whats the deal with hydro locking in the motor? do i really need a bypass valve if i dont have floods where i live? is it ok to run it in the rain? or no? my uncle is a honda mechanic and he said dont worry about the bypass valve. has anyone got this thing yet, i really want to see how it works on someones car before i buy it. and any other suggestions? what about anyone running a intake with thier HFP muffler? any sound difference? because thats mostly what i want. heres the link, please HELP ME OUT!

Honda 06 07 Fit / Jazz 1.5L MT - HPS Cold Air Intake System Kit: HPS-88-0518 HiProSpeed Auto Parts Performance Store

Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Cars hyrdolock most of the time when the filter is submerged in the water. You should be fine in rain, just avoid big puddles.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
ok cool. ya the bypass valve works only if its filled up completly with water. so as long as i change it when it rains than i dont see why it would mess anything up. do you think the air filter is ok? as long as i clean it and have my uncle put it on since hes a honda mechanic than i cant go wronge can i?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
Some argue the valve bypass reduce your 'whp' gain... but you should be fine if you switch to the sri if it rains.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Give a review and pics when/if u get this intake. For the price it should work fine and give u your 5 ponies like all other intakes. I am not sure how good the filters r though.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Looks fine to me. If the filter itself is junk when you get it you can always switch over to a better filter. For 99.99 you cant really knock it. I cant say that swapping back and fourth will be worth all the trouble though. I just went with a SRI so i still have a good gain and dont have to worry about it in bad weather. Thats my thoughts on it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
ya i would get a short ram but i thought that they mess up ur engine when it gets hot air sucked in instead of cold? do you think id be ok if i just ran a short ram? because the reason i wanted to switch to a cold air is so i didnt suck hot air in so it wouldnt screw up my engine. is there any short rams that dont do that? or a half way cold air that doesnt go down as far so i wouldnt have to change it out? and whats wrong with the air filter? how does anyone know its junk? and what would anyone suggest on replacing it with? what about this thing? it comes with a K&N filter already?

eBay Motors: 2007+ Honda Fit 1.5L M/T Cold Air Intake + Free K&N (item 260223574542 end time Mar-29-08 18:33:44 PDT)

has anyone got this one on there car or the the short ram version?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
ok i talked to the owners for the intake system and im planning on ordering one very soon so ill keep everyone up to date and let you know how it works!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:16 AM
I'm not saying the filter is junk but I personally would replace it w/ a kn or fujita. The hot air won't physically hurt ur motor (maybe performance).Colder air is more dense than hot air. The particles and more compact which means more air, whith more air plus more gas equals more power

Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
I have the HPS intake and it works fine, really throaty at highter RPMS. It's till spring/winter here so I have only used the SRI version of it. If you have seen a SRI (not box) here on the forums then u pretty much know what to expect as far as looks. Performance I would say I could tell gains at higher RPMS but not much if anything in low end. More where VTEC is set at is where it will howl.

Also, filter works fine, dont waste your time replacing it unless you really want to.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
wow thats the review i really needed! i placed a order and shuld be getting it soon, how come you dont just use the cold air part in the winter? as long as you dont go into sum fat puddles than you will be fine. that sucks that you havnt been able to use the cold air part yet. if you noticed any difference with the SRI than im sure you will really feel something when you use the CAI. did you notice any difference in sound in ur muffler? ya i like the filter so im sure i wont change it. how much did you pay for it when you got it?

Originally Posted by Kuturagi
I have the HPS intake and it works fine, really throaty at highter RPMS. It's till spring/winter here so I have only used the SRI version of it. If you have seen a SRI (not box) here on the forums then u pretty much know what to expect as far as looks. Performance I would say I could tell gains at higher RPMS but not much if anything in low end. More where VTEC is set at is where it will howl.

Also, filter works fine, dont waste your time replacing it unless you really want to.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
hey it was $99... Ebay, and the muffler is heard better at lower rpms so it sounds awesome.. Just kinda screams at 5500!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kuturagi
hey it was $99... Ebay, and the muffler is heard better at lower rpms so it sounds awesome.. Just kinda screams at 5500!
now im even more excited to get it now, damn i hope i get it before the weekend!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
i forgot to ask, the hps intake is smog legal right?

Old 04-01-2008, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
no they are not SMOG legal.. so be careful near cops!

i got mine today! i think i can install later tonight

Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
no they are not SMOG legal.. so be careful near cops!

i got mine today! i think i can install later tonight

sick! mine comes in this thursday! i cant wait! let me know how it works out and maybe a pic or two. i really want to know where the heck the actual filter goes by the fender, the design looks alittle different then others so i just want to know how its set up and if its legit. now when you say its not smog legal does that mean it wont absolutely pass smog if i took it in? or is it just a legal deal and the cops just dont like it? i dont mind the cop thing because my car sounds stock and it doesnt look fast, and i dont drive like an idiot. because i sent hiprospeed a message about the intake being carb legal and they said it wasnt and it wouldnt effect getting it smogged just cops dont like it if you get pulled over

Old 04-02-2008, 02:40 AM
I doubt that a cop would pull you randomly over and as to look under the hood. Unless you do something that provokes them.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
sick! mine comes in this thursday! i cant wait! let me know how it works out and maybe a pic or two. i really want to know where the heck the actual filter goes by the fender, the design looks alittle different then others so i just want to know how its set up and if its legit. now when you say its not smog legal does that mean it wont absolutely pass smog if i took it in? or is it just a legal deal and the cops just dont like it? i dont mind the cop thing because my car sounds stock and it doesnt look fast, and i dont drive like an idiot. because i sent hiprospeed a message about the intake being carb legal and they said it wasnt and it wouldnt effect getting it smogged just cops dont like it if you get pulled over
The intake sounds quite nice! not too much low-end sound. But past 3000, it gets a raspy/deep rumble... i must say its slightly ricer... which i am in love with! not EXTREMELY though so don't worry.

The filter is placed right behind the foglight, i may remove the foglight just for fun sometimes and get super high cold flow! I think i installed it wrong because they couldn't get the instructions for me ASAP but i was soo eager... i used my past 3 experiences with cold airs and just did it. I'm almost POSITIVE i installed it wrong because i bolted the intake onto the transmission... which is quite odd

Can someone tell me if installing it onto the tranny was wrong/right? thanks

looking at the speedo on the freeway... it looks like it MAY be faster! feels pretty strong too

Old 04-02-2008, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
The intake sounds quite nice! not too much low-end sound. But past 3000, it gets a raspy/deep rumble... i must say its slightly ricer... which i am in love with! not EXTREMELY though so don't worry.

The filter is placed right behind the foglight, i may remove the foglight just for fun sometimes and get super high cold flow! I think i installed it wrong because they couldn't get the instructions for me ASAP but i was soo eager... i used my past 3 experiences with cold airs and just did it. I'm almost POSITIVE i installed it wrong because i bolted the intake onto the transmission... which is quite odd

Can someone tell me if installing it onto the tranny was wrong/right? thanks

looking at the speedo on the freeway... it looks like it MAY be faster! feels pretty strong too
great news, y didnt they send you the instructions? i hope mine comes with instructions because ive never put one on before. how long did it take you to put on? and did it do anything to the exaust sound? o and did you have to take off the bumber to install it?

Old 04-02-2008, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
great news, y didnt they send you the instructions? i hope mine comes with instructions because ive never put one on before. how long did it take you to put on? and did it do anything to the exaust sound? o and did you have to take off the bumber to install it?
i picked it up from the store and they couldn't get me the manual right away but i was too anxious and left. They said they would email me with instructions. It took me a while to put it on cause i had no idea what i was doing to fit the pipe under the car.. I removed the bumper which was really simple but OMG... i found that my 08' bumper is peeling on the edges! An intake will not effect exhaust sound. You'll hear an intake from the front and exhaust from the back... pretty sick!

total install time: Approximately 3 hours.

maybe if i had instuctions: 1 1/2 hours

Quick Reply: Hps Intake!