Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

the header thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
N E pics of the t1r installed????...this thread seemed to die out!!!

Old 06-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I've got the T1R sitting in my closet, just haven't had the time to install it.. i received it with the spoon N1 which i did install and have to say i really love the sound.. it isn't loud IMO. With the windows up you don't really hear it, dunno how the header will affect that thou.. i'll post pics once i install it..

Old 06-07-2008, 08:27 PM
cool man hey you should def take pics while you do it toooo good luck

Old 04-19-2009, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
and info on the ASPEC header i got a really good deal on it and i dont c any info on it....also does the stock doughnut gasket fit the header or no....if not where did u get the gasket from......plz help me out

Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 AM
The stock gasket should fit the A-spec without any problems. In fact I'm pretty sure the gasket Fits most all of the "street" headers for the Fit. You can get one at the stealership, or Bernardiparts.com

Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
bumping this up

anyone running strupe header?

Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
well.. after reading this thread i still dont know which one to buy :|

Old 06-04-2009, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
i'm using the Megan replica header because it's economy-safe and i'm a ricer
here's a link to my review:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...eader-gd3.html

3 months later and the header is still in great shape. i strapped the heat shield onto the header with some wire and a lot of tension; no rattling and my engine bay is safe from all the heat that permeates from an exposed header.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chaaree
i strapped the heat shield onto the header with some wire and a lot of tension; no rattling and my engine bay is safe from all the heat that permeates from an exposed header.
yeah i did the same thing with my weapon R street header, bought some 12" long stainless steel zip ties from ebay. tried to tighten it down as best as i could, so far no rattling as well and it seems to be doing a good job keeping heat levels down than without.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by suketoborudo00
yeah i did the same thing with my weapon R street header, bought some 12" long stainless steel zip ties from ebay. tried to tighten it down as best as i could, so far no rattling as well and it seems to be doing a good job keeping heat levels down than without.
ooh, good idea. i may have to switch to the SS zip ties eventually, i only used what i had on hand at the time.

BTW, the replica Megan header used to be yours - right? LoL, i thought i had replied to your post in my thread but i guess i didn't. did you sell the replica header because you bought the weapon R?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
I'm running a modified Weapon R race header. I haven't dyno'ed with it yet but to be honest outside of the tone changing, I am not feeling much of a difference. It was a pain to get it in place (I welded it into 1 piece). It ended up being slightly longer than the stock manifold so now my catback is really tight and pulling the hangers. I'm going to need to have a section cut out.

It sounds nice but as I said, on the butt dyno I'm not feeling much if anything for gains. I'll update this again with a dyno and then likely my next update will be with a new header.

Oh and it still rattles but its not due to rubbing this time. Now its because of the resonating from the header has loosened up the heat sheild enough that it rattles. I am going to eliminate the sheild and replace it with heat resistant insulation. similar to dynamat.

Last edited by SpokanejdmGD3; 06-04-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
So which headers are the best?

Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kurse
So which headers are the best?

lol that's a very general question, someting i'd ask too if i didnt know

but.. to make it more specific.. the question should be broken down to:

(answers are just my opinion..)

1) which headers are best for top end gains? 4-1 design headers. eg. megan, t1r, mugen, there are some others too

2) which headers are best for low end gains? 4-2-1 design headers. eg. weapon R street header, t1r response header (not 4-2-1, but i think i read it has gains throughout rpm range)

3) which are best for both worlds? weapon R race header (sugarphreak seems to notice a significant gain using it; and that header just looks mean!)

soo the best header really depends on what you want to improve.. gains aren't going to be supercharge/turbo gains, but it'll give a slight improvement worth ~150-300 dollars.. I wouldn't spend more than that if you really want to factor in performancerice..

Old 06-17-2009, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
How quiet will this set-up be?

Hi everyone. I am thinking about getting headers for my Fit AT. I'm paranoid with getting pulled over by cops for having a loud exhaust. How loud will I be with my Injen CAI, Tanabe Medalion Touring axle-back and, maybe, DC Sports headers? Everything else is stock.

P.S. I've heard that some headers actually make the car quieter. Is this true?

Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by suketoborudo00
lol that's a very general question, someting i'd ask too if i didnt know

but.. to make it more specific.. the question should be broken down to:

(answers are just my opinion..)

1) which headers are best for top end gains? 4-1 design headers. eg. megan, t1r, mugen, there are some others too

2) which headers are best for low end gains? 4-2-1 design headers. eg. weapon R street header, t1r response header (not 4-2-1, but i think i read it has gains throughout rpm range)

3) which are best for both worlds? weapon R race header (sugarphreak seems to notice a significant gain using it; and that header just looks mean!)

soo the best header really depends on what you want to improve.. gains aren't going to be supercharge/turbo gains, but it'll give a slight improvement worth ~150-300 dollars.. I wouldn't spend more than that if you really want to factor in performancerice..
rice?

I'm doing a lot of lapping, so i'm always in the mid range and top end.
I'm not thinkinh to go F/A, I want to stay N/A Cause I take the car in winter (Yay! Quebec Snow! )

So I was between the T1R and Weapon R. If any other have suggestion, i'm open.

Thanks a lot!

Carl

Old 06-17-2009, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trant
Hi everyone. I am thinking about getting headers for my Fit AT. I'm paranoid with getting pulled over by cops for having a loud exhaust. How loud will I be with my Injen CAI, Tanabe Medalion Touring axle-back and, maybe, DC Sports headers? Everything else is stock.

P.S. I've heard that some headers actually make the car quieter. Is this true?
i can't speak for any brand outside the Megan header, but when i installed mine it did get quieter. this blew my mind because in all my experiences installing a header made the car louder with a throatier sound.

i'd imagine that something like the weapon r race header would make your exhaust louder. their (formerly 2 piece slip on) design replaces the OEM cat.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
lol it was supposed to say "performance : price" ratio

weapon R STREET header doesn't make as much top end gain as other headers i think.
but the weapon R race header, thats another story i don't have first hand experience with.. but it might be suited for your setup.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
has anyone tested the 5zigen header?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jazz it up!
has anyone tested the 5zigen header?
Or the Feel's headers? (yes I know we need to add the 02 bung)

Old 06-18-2009, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Slimjimx701x
Or the Feel's headers? (yes I know we need to add the 02 bung)

I wouldn't know it was direct bolt-on to mine. I'm not from the US. lol

Quick Reply: the header thread