Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Tanabe Medalion Touring or Apexi WSII

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 PM
C_O
no problem, let's get some pics and a video once it's on your fit!

-Charlie

Old 02-26-2008, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
I definately will. I have megan headers,downpipe,midpipe coming as well

Old 02-26-2008, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bschook5
I definately will. I have megan headers,downpipe,midpipe coming as well
Well guess what dude. you might be $hit out of luck because the megan mid-pipe is on back order. i'm still waiting on mine.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
They are available on ebay....

Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
Nope. I had originally bought from a seller on ebayer and they came up with this excuse that the package had been lost in transit from the delivery courier and that they would refund my money. They refund my money but they lied about the package being lost. They never shipped it out cuz they never had any. I called meganracing and they said they were on back order and no one has. And those companies that sell their product have to buy straight from them.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
hmmm well I have a tracking number for mine that shipped last Friday, guess I will see what I get lol.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by C_O
did a quick search and found these videos of the ws2 on our fit!

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-Back Rev

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-Back Normal Drive

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-Back, drive 2

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-Back drive 3

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-back drive 4

if the owner of the fit in the videos is reading this, your car sounds & looks great!

it seems that not many people are running this exhaust, i wonder why not? the first vid is an idle rev, closer to the end of the vid, there was a tin-can type rattle; something i'd like to avoid. during both regular and hard acceleration, however, i didn't hear the tin-can'ness. i just might pick-up the ws2 because it's a tad more affordable than the t1r VIP & tanabe TM, i seem to have a soft spot for the way it looks, and because it has a nice rumble to it.

-Charlie
Hey thats me!!!, Thanks C_O
I need to go on the boards more often. Well I don't know if you have bought anything yet, but I might have reason to go up north closer to you, sometime this week if you were thinking about getting a closer look. I might have reason to go pick up some parts for the car, so I'm still not sure if i'll be needing to head up there.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
C_O:

Northridge CA????

Old 02-26-2008, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by C_O
hey bschook, iptuned.com has the ws2 for $276.00 (+shipping):
IPTUNED.com - Sport Compact Car Performance Parts

if you have the option of buying from a local dealer, i'd give them a call & see if you could avoid the shipping cost. i was going to buy online, but found out there was a semi-local apexi distributor close to my home. i believe it was an extra $80.00 to ship the exhaust to my door; $80.00 that could go towards a front or rear tanabe strut bar!

-Charlie
I take it that you might not be in SoCal, since you were talking about paying for shipping from Iptuned, since I happen to live next door to them, and not to far of a drive for any LA/OC folks

Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 PM
C_O
hey aviatar!

actually, yes. i do live in Northridge, CA. I don't remember where I was quoted $80.00 for shipping, maybe an ebay company?.. i've been comparing prices left and right and i'm not entirely sure if that shipping quote was from iptuned or not, if they're semi-local i'm down for a pick-up! so far, they've got the best price i've seen @ $276.00 for the ws2.

if you have the time, and don't mind a stranger drooling over your car, i would like to see & hear it in person! i'm in cerritos all the time, i'll shoot you a PM and see when's the best day and time for you; maybe we can arrange a mini-meet and get a few more local Fit's together for some pics!

you didn't mention whether you liked the sound you got from the ws2. how long have you had it, has it's sound changed since you put it on, droning on the freeway? sorry for the Q&A but i've put off buying my exhaust for long enough and i think i'm about ready to spend some money . oh, and, if you've got the slightest thought of selling your ws2 then you've already got a buyer

-Charlie

Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
thanks to all that shared info in this thread, thanks to you and especially thanks to sickfit for the cool vidz and pics. that sealed the deal for me

I found a good price I THINK, of 340 shipped, on the Tanabe Medalion Touring , its on its way woot woot

Old 03-04-2008, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Does anyone have a pic of the Apexi WS on a fit? I'd like too see what it looks like from the rear. Thanks!

Old 03-04-2008, 04:51 AM
C_O
Originally Posted by KoolMikeSki
Does anyone have a pic of the Apexi WS on a fit? I'd like too see what it looks like from the rear. Thanks!
found this pic in the "Show me your exhaust" thread. Compliments of Towlie

congrats mudbone! i was about to buy my ws2, but i just recently gave my boss the finger and i'm predicting that i'll be strapped for cash until i can find a new job

-Charlie

Old 03-04-2008, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks CO....I'll pm Towlie for some more

Old 05-03-2008, 04:39 PM
C_O
bringing this thread back to life!!!

i just bought koolkevin's wsII and bolted it up. +1 rep for kevin for being cool and scheduling some time before he had to go to work this morning to meet up with me. installation took 10min max.

it's PERFECT and is EXACTLY what i wanted from an exhaust. quiet, nice looking, no drone or buzz through the entire rpm band at any throttle position. pics and video/sound clips soon