Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Tanabe Medalion Touring or Apexi WSII

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
not so much a rattle as something is loose, more of a sound in the exhaust. maybe i'm hearing things lol

Old 02-23-2008, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
You are! lol. I have nothing bad to say about this exhaust. I like!

Old 02-23-2008, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
I love it ever since i got it, its not loud and some people dont even know i got it on. I'm just wondering what it will sound like with my turbo set-up coming.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:37 PM
C_O
awesome! thanks for sharing, SickFit! your fit is indeed Sick

"Mud Bone," SD_MR still recommends the ws2 because it is a chambered muffler whereas the TMT is packed; the ws2 is a bit louder but more free-flowing than the TMT. definitely something to keep in mind for the long-run. i plan on buying the KW SC once my warranty is up so a less-restrictive muffler would be the better investment at this point.

-Charlie

Old 02-24-2008, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
I'm going KWSC too and this is a recommended exhaust
You are actually fine which ever way you go as far as size. whether its the 50 or 60mm because you have to understand that your stock exhaust is actually about 1.75 inches. So with a 50mm (about 2.25in) you are freeing your flow by a HUGE amount which is actually enough to run forced induction.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Oh , thats what I wanted to know was how big our Bpiping was. I might have to upgrade once I get my turbo. Otherwise there's too much restrictions.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
I should ask this again

I bought the H-Fit SSI , as it and other intakes don't seem to matter if you have MT, or AT. I have AT.

My question for now is , why is it that Honda's "better" exhaust is always listed as for the MT ONLY? Is there something I am missing ? as I never hear anyone address exhausts working or not working well because its on an AT.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:02 AM
C_O
there's nothing that will prevent the HFP axle back from working on an AT Fit. IIRC, you do have the option of purchasing the HFP axle back for AT Fits but there's something weird with the automatics' gear-ratios that keep the rpm higher during regular driving; keeps the exhaust "loud" according to factory preference/requirements. oddly enough, the AT Fit has a taller final gear than the MT

hope that answers your question.

-Charlie

Old 02-24-2008, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Taller final gear? I know that in 5th gear, a MT revs higher than AT on the highway.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
you guys are confusing me. lol. I guess I'm just not getting what Mud is asking. Maybe if it was written a different way I could help. Maybe its because its too early. lol

Old 02-24-2008, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
I want to see if I have enough time today to get my downpipe on. I was really tight on time yesterday so i could only do the axle back. If I get it on the car today then i'll let you guys know how it sounds.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
You got a downpipe to go with the TMT? any plans for the Bpipe yet?

Old 02-24-2008, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
let me see if I can do this more clearly.
when you look here
Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2007-2008 Honda Fit Exterior Accessories

HFP Sport Muffler
Made of polished stainless steel. Enhances both appearance and sound. Part# 08F88-SLN-100
Application: 07-08 Fit with Manual Transmission ONLY

with that in mind.

I see on here that people talk about the intake and exhaust working well together.

I recently bought the H-Fit SSI intake. and was thinking about getting the TMT exhaust. I stop and think there MUST be a reason why the above HFP sport muffler says MT ONLY.

hope this is clear enough this time.

I never see anyone say anything on this forum about those that have an AT, to NOT get an aftermarket exhaust. I guess it just makes me wonder why.

that what C_O has said is the first I've heard about this. can you please say it simply for me wee brain? hehe are you simply saying that the HFP would make the fit louder and that is why it says MT only?
. are you saying the AT revs higher STOCKthan an MT? or that putting a better exhaust on an AT makes it rev higher ? longer in the tooth So to speak?

bottom line is I would like a nice sounding eshaust like the TMT or the wsII. and seeing what it says about eh HFP exhaust makes me wonder if I should and if it would do more harm than good.

last thing warranty? I suppose intake and exhaust will void my warranty?

sry , so confused

Old 02-24-2008, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
You got a downpipe to go with the TMT? any plans for the Bpipe yet?
I bought the Megan Racing B-pipe but its on back order everywhere for 2-3 weeks. I was kinda mad about that being that I was hoping to do the entire exhaust this weekend.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
C_O
BlueCell
Taller final gear? I know that in 5th gear, a MT revs higher than AT on the highway.
sorry, what i meant was that the MT fits revs higher in 5th than the AT fits do. my choice of wording must've been completely wrong, it was 2:00am and the jack & coke's were catching up to me. i only had 3 of them, i'm a pansy-light-weight LoL.

Mud_Bonethat what C_O has said is the first I've heard about this. can you please say it simply for me wee brain? hehe are you simply saying that the HFP would make the fit louder and that is why it says MT only?
. are you saying the AT revs higher STOCKthan an MT? or that putting a better exhaust on an AT makes it rev higher ? longer in the tooth So to speak?
your AT will not rev higher because of the addition of the HFP axle back. page 1-2 in the "HFP axle back..." forum probably explains it more clearly than i can, at this moment (note, my preferences are set so that i may view 50 posts per page). https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-exhausts/13882-hfp-exaust-axle-back-questions-answers.html

-Charlie

Old 02-24-2008, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
i get :
Page not found

but I will search it out, thanks for being cool

Old 02-24-2008, 04:58 PM
C_O
no problem, i'm learning as i encounter things as well. i'll share what i've learned as often as i can!

-Charlie

Old 02-24-2008, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone know the best place to get the Apexi WSII exhaust? I really like the sound of that muffler...

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2008, 03:16 AM
C_O
hey bschook, iptuned.com has the ws2 for $276.00 (+shipping):
IPTUNED.com - Sport Compact Car Performance Parts

if you have the option of buying from a local dealer, i'd give them a call & see if you could avoid the shipping cost. i was going to buy online, but found out there was a semi-local apexi distributor close to my home. i believe it was an extra $80.00 to ship the exhaust to my door; $80.00 that could go towards a front or rear tanabe strut bar!

-Charlie

Old 02-25-2008, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks man, shipping was only 30$ for me...

Quick Reply: Tanabe Medalion Touring or Apexi WSII