Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Tanabe Medalion Touring or Apexi WSII

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:27 AM
C_O
ok, so i'm getting closer to finally buying and i completely forgot about this video i had:

YouTube - st165 HKS 2.5" sport exhaust

that's a sound clip of the 2.5 HKS sport catback i had on my celica (sehreekaa) alltrac/gt-four. i loved the sound and gain i got with that exhaust, i'm looking for a similar note. i doubt our L15's could pull off the same grumble my 3sgte made but if i could find something around the same ballpark then i'd be sold.

i still haven't heard a ws2 on the fit; many other cars, yes, but not the fit. if someone has a video they would like to share, i'm sure i'm not the only one who'd appreciate your post

-Charlie

Old 02-22-2008, 01:44 AM
C_O
apexi wsII

did a quick search and found these videos of the ws2 on our fit!

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-Back Rev

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-Back Normal Drive

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-Back, drive 2

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-Back drive 3

YouTube - Honda Fit, Apexi Axle-back drive 4

if the owner of the fit in the videos is reading this, your car sounds & looks great!

it seems that not many people are running this exhaust, i wonder why not? the first vid is an idle rev, closer to the end of the vid, there was a tin-can type rattle; something i'd like to avoid. during both regular and hard acceleration, however, i didn't hear the tin-can'ness. i just might pick-up the ws2 because it's a tad more affordable than the t1r VIP & tanabe TM, i seem to have a soft spot for the way it looks, and because it has a nice rumble to it.

-Charlie

Last edited by C_O; 02-22-2008 at 01:47 AM. Reason: wanted to add one more video to the list
Old 02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'd like to see more views on this choice.

I want something that growls deep with Zero tin can twang going on. that is what drew me first to the TMT. looking at prices it seems to be way up there, and it makes me wonder what others there are that are similar in sound produced. reading this now i see 3 the T1R VIP , the apexi WSII, and the TMT. i wonder if there are others. one other thing I like about the TMT is no stupid insert, I don't wanna fart around with that.

all with anything to share , pls share it.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by C_O
ok, so i'm getting closer to finally buying and i completely forgot about this video i had:

YouTube - st165 HKS 2.5" sport exhaust

that's a sound clip of the 2.5 HKS sport catback i had on my celica (sehreekaa) alltrac/gt-four. i loved the sound and gain i got with that exhaust, i'm looking for a similar note. i doubt our L15's could pull off the same grumble my 3sgte made but if i could find something around the same ballpark then i'd be sold.

i still haven't heard a ws2 on the fit; many other cars, yes, but not the fit. if someone has a video they would like to share, i'm sure i'm not the only one who'd appreciate your post

-Charlie
C_O Wait till TOMORROW!!!!! I will be installing my Tanabe exhaust tomorrow and I will take pics and a small video for everyone. The car will be completely stock, just the Tanabe Medalion Touring Axle Back.
This will definately help you decide what to get for sure

Hopefully I get a nice deep tone.

I already have my downpipe and headers sitting in my room but i'm waiting for the midpipe thats on back order to get here to install the rest of my exhaust.

So again, tomorrow you will be seeing and hearing the tanabe medalion axle back on a completely stock Fit.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
all I can say is

Old 02-23-2008, 12:49 AM
C_O
i KNEW i should check fitfreak.net before i place my order, thanks SickFit! no joke, i was on my way out to order the ws2! i'll wait till i watch your vid. if it's not too much to ask, could you take a few vids similar to the ones of the ws2: idle rev, normal acceleration and hard acceleration? thanks

-Charlie

Old 02-23-2008, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
I'll shoot all that good stuff. you prob might not here the exhaust inside the car ...or maybe we will. We'll see. I'm starting in a an hour or two

Old 02-23-2008, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mud_Bone
all I can say is
Does this mean I cant wait or does it mean i cant wait to see something mess up?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
oh this was my car stuck in 2nd gear on these curves. That first loud muffler noise was the car in front of me i think. But you can barely hear my muffler inside the car.
YouTube - S Curve Drive Honda Fit 2

Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
i still say get the ws2 heh.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit
Does this mean I cant wait or does it mean i cant wait to see something mess up?
well, no not in the least, more like a little kid very excited to see a movie.

seen a few clips of the TMT but not on our car.

got it? ... good

in the words of the Captain on spikes MXC " let's go" & "git it onn"

SD MR FIT , can you elaborate why? I like many will come to this thread for info. what I have heard to this point they seem very similar sounding with the TMT being a bit lower overall through the revs.

for me its not so much about performance gains , as it seems neither provide too awful much. For me more the sound, I at all costs do not want a tin fart exhaust. I do want something that never produces that tin fart. lower the better and of course the db level needs to be as the TMT 93 or below.

So, if you or anyone that has now or has had one of the 2 here, pls share what you can. thanks

I'll end where I shoulda started :P

I bought the H-Fit SSI , as it and other intakes don't seem to matter if you have MT, or AT. I have AT, and the last question for now is , why is it that Honda's "better" exhaust is always listed as for the MT ONLY? Is there something I am missing ? as I never hear anyone address exhaust working or not working well because its on an AT. too much 4 me wee brain :P

Last edited by Mud_Bone; 02-23-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Guys the exhaust not only looks amazing but sounds even better. its a low deep tone. I'm so excited. I had MiniMeRR help me out in the product so thanks to him for the help. I will be taking a test drive around the city now and recording it. I have already taken pics and viideo. I will post it up after the test drive.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
, there no jumping up and down this time

Old 02-23-2008, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
I have what you guys have been waiting for. My first post will be pics and my second will be videos. Exactly what you guys wanted. Make sure to watch the full vids.

I dont care to blur out my temp tag so do worry about it.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Here are two of the 3 vids. The third one is still loading and may take 20 more minutes to load.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Last Vid. Driving Around with windows up and windows down.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
that sounds good to me man , thanks a bunch for sharing the pics and especially the vidz

me lie-key the sound.
is there a tad of a rattle at the end of clip 1? if I recall the last vid I see of ws2 i heard the same thing.

Last edited by Mud_Bone; 02-23-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mud_Bone
that sounds good to me man , thanks a bunch for sharing the pics and especially the vidz

me lie-key the sound.
is there a tad of a rattle at the end of clip 1? if I recall the last vid I see of ws2 i heard the same thing.
Glad you enjoyed them. NO RATTLE AT ALL.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
At least you took pix of your exhaust while it was new...i wish i did that. Mines all dirty and I can't seem to get that nasty junk off of it.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
At least you took pix of your exhaust while it was new...i wish i did that. Mines all dirty and I can't seem to get that nasty junk off of it.
Lol. Yea I did. I love the exhaust dude.

Quick Reply: Tanabe Medalion Touring or Apexi WSII