Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kraftwerks SC vs. AJR turbo. Discuss.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Ben, would you share how you would expect your customers to be able to take advantage of the Greddy piggyback? will customers be able to do some street runs, send back data to you, and do tunes over email, for example? or, is the greddy system well supported by a large variety of shops that have dynos?

Oscar, same question regarding your software.

basically, i'm asking the vendors to spell out how they will support their customers in ensuring the kits are as safe as possible for the end-user's individual car. unless you expect that customers will eventually get custom tuned on a dyno, which i'm totally ok with, it would just be nice to have it spelled out for all the folks interested in the kits. i'm very leery of base tunes, in particular for FI.

Last edited by kennef; 12-20-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by kennef

basically, i'm asking the vendors to spell out how they will support their customers in ensuring the kits are as safe as possible for the end-user's individual car. unless you expect that customers will eventually get custom tuned on a dyno, which i'm totally ok with, it would just be nice to have it spelled out for all the folks interested in the kits. i'm very leery of base tunes, in particular for FI.
Im not speaking for anyone but I assume all the testing they have done and are doing has been to get a very good base tune. They can't sell it as a perfect tune because everyones setups,etc may vary but the main parts would be taken care of.

The problem with most peoples base maps is they can't tune for damn. We have a guy locally that is a "tuner" and he just screws ppl over and d/l's whatever map and adds a little here and there and calls it a base map and ppl get stuck with a crap tune. We have done a few base maps on cars that those customers have never went and got dyno tuned or anything and the base map has been perfectly fine.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hocker
Im not speaking for anyone but I assume all the testing they have done and are doing has been to get a very good base tune. They can't sell it as a perfect tune because everyones setups,etc may vary but the main parts would be taken care of.

The problem with most peoples base maps is they can't tune for damn. We have a guy locally that is a "tuner" and he just screws ppl over and d/l's whatever map and adds a little here and there and calls it a base map and ppl get stuck with a crap tune. We have done a few base maps on cars that those customers have never went and got dyno tuned or anything and the base map has been perfectly fine.

for us plug and play guys, i feel that the jacsons and the tr1 base tune would be fine...and then maybe later on we could look into getting it more finely tuned to run off higher octane gasoline.

the numbers on the dyno's and that have been talked about are all using these tunes, so i'd be happy anyway.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
every motor is a little different. some are a little stronger, some are a little noisier (resulting in false knock) and pull more timing, some don't care if you use gas from costco or shell v power.

that's why i'm so curious about the tune and how practicable it would be to make small adjustments as an end-user or how easily i could find a shop that could do it for me. not only can one extract the max amount of power for a given boost level, you can know with reasonable certainty that your motor is as safe as possible when running hard. (i'm fixated on the 0 knock count)

basically, i hope that the vendors will consider including some provision for remotely tuning your vehicle to maximize your hardware investment.

Last edited by kennef; 12-20-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
what does the KW super charger kit include?

Plus, the website says that it's for MT's ONLY. Does that mean that they won't have one for AT? Therefore, AT guys are "forced" to go to the turbo T1R?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fit of RAGE
what does the KW super charger kit include?

Plus, the website says that it's for MT's ONLY. Does that mean that they won't have one for AT? Therefore, AT guys are "forced" to go to the turbo T1R?
Read the Kraftwerks thread. Not MT only. AT just not ready TODAY.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
fine tuning is easy with a wide band and a piggy back and a dyno

Old 02-25-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Search supercharger and turbo charge.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 PM
is there a missing link or can the stock honda Map still handle 10 psi like the older ones. The T1R kit has a type R option also i read, the Fit thats running 16X whp and 16X wtq, at what boost is that at, and is that the same 310 injectors included in the base kit?

Old 03-13-2008, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
ok, time for a question that I'm sure everyone cares very much about...cough cough....

call me a ricer if you want, but growing up watching Initial D have taught me one thing - I will never be content with my life till I own a car that has a super mean BOV.

Turbo's bov is louder hands down, but how far behind is the SC? I'm really having a hard time deciding here...especially with a HKS SSQV next to me on my desk.....

Old 03-13-2008, 04:11 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by diedwater
ok, time for a question that I'm sure everyone cares very much about...cough cough....

call me a ricer if you want, but growing up watching Initial D have taught me one thing - I will never be content with my life till I own a car that has a super mean BOV.

Turbo's bov is louder hands down, but how far behind is the SC? I'm really having a hard time deciding here...especially with a HKS SSQV next to me on my desk.....
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH I LOVE THAT YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION! sooo..ummmm.... whats the answer

Old 03-13-2008, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member

Just so you understand the supercharger kit that KW sells does not have a blow off valve. In fact you will probably hear close to nothing when lifting off the throttle, because the excess air goes down a bypass valve that recirculates the air back into the system eliminating the sound. Factory turbo charged vehicles do the exact same thing. The only performance benefit to having an external blowoff valve is probably that it reduces turbulence in the airstream and increases throttle response when getting back on the gas. So if what you want is to make noise, go and by the turbo kit, but if the noise factor is not something you are concernced with either kit is a good choice.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
hearing the bov everytime I lift of throttle is kinda of like a childhood dream for me.....but I have also come at appreciate the ability of hitting boost without turbo lag.....errrrr hard choices....

Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
hearing the bov everytime I lift of throttle is kinda of like a childhood dream for me.....but I have also come at appreciate the ability of hitting boost without turbo lag.....errrrr hard choices....
You might want to check up with A&J about their turbo kit, but I believe they are running a pretty small ball bearing turbo, which pretty much reduces spool time to about as low as it could be. I would expect their turbo kit to hit full boost well under 3k rpm, so you should never really have a problem with turbo lag especially with the short gearing on the Fit.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Could we add a BOV to the KW SC? Or am I just on cloud 9?

Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Could we add a BOV to the KW SC? Or am I just on cloud 9?
Considering that it somewhat resembles a turbo charger, my assumption is that adding a blowoff valve is possible, although I have no idea how effective it might be outside of making noise. You need to remember that the kit is a supercharger and as such has instant response, the bypass valve should be sufficient, with the atmospheric blow off valve being a bit on the overkill side.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
The T1R Type-S Turbo kit is $3695CAD with E-man (Blue). There are a few more upgrades option so in the future, you wanna upgrade, it will be easy.

STD Type-S kit with Emanage blue is making 147whp. this kit has been track proven and 1 year of daily abusing

We had also proven with our previous N.A. setup in (2006) Super street time attack, we came in 2nd which is less than a second slower than K20A Fit. This year (2007) with our T1R kit, the results have proven one more time that it has the ability to be faster than K20A+JRSC at the track.

Nothing has broke so far LOL
just want to make i have this right/wrong this kit is making 147 whp so that a total of the stock 98+147= 235 hp total for that price!?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
It would be 147 whp in total... that would include the original 98 whp.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:30 AM
so like 4000 for like 35 more hp? seems to me an engine swap would be nmore bang for the buck..or am i missing something here?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jscooter
so like 4000 for like 35 more hp? seems to me an engine swap would be nmore bang for the buck..or am i missing something here?
Dude your math is really off. 147-98= 49 additional whp. I'd like to see you get a swap off for only 4000 and make that much power. Also the AJ kit can be upgraded to make something like 160+ hp. For that price you are getting a pretty good deal for the things they are giving you.

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC vs. AJR turbo. Discuss.