Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

JDM Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:02 AM
JDM Headlights

Does anyone have pictures of the HID and NON HID headlamps? Just wondering what is the differance between the JDM HID and NON HID headlamps. If the housing is differant or if the HIDs have a projection style setup or what.

-Thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
I believe projection is what the JDM HID ones have, if you look at the pictures from N1's K-Fit they used a JDM Fit and has Projectors there is a pic in the Sema 2007 post in the picture thread.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by SpoonSportFit
I believe projection is what the JDM HID ones have, if you look at the pictures from N1's K-Fit they used a JDM Fit and has Projectors there is a pic in the Sema 2007 post in the picture thread.
If I remember reading a few threads those are aftermarket ones for the JDM front. I wasn't sure if that was true or not and can't seem to find a picture of a OEM fit with HIDs, rather than a fully done up car which there are questions about the headlamps being OEM or aftermarket.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Your right, i forgot they made aftermarket headlights that had projectors, now that i remember i think mugen makes one? but back on track i don't know now if they have a projector or not

Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 PM
The ones Mugen has on their Fit are from another company. Those and cheap ebay ones are the only ones Ive seen. I have yet to see a picture of a true JDM HID Fit headlight. The price on them are very high and I would like to see a differance before I buy

Old 11-07-2007, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
Here's non-HID JDM

Here's HID JDM

Aside from some minor stylistic variations between earlier and later Fits, these are pretty much what they look like. The HID's I know have a mount under the headlight bottom for the HID ballasts, and I'm sure the reflector is adapted for HID use too, obviously. There is also electric leveling available for the HID's as well. You say you're planning to purchase them, but are you also planning on a JDM front end conversion or have done one already? If not, they're not going to fit the stock USDM Fit whatsoever. One other thing -- the JDM HID's (and non-HID's too) are biased for RHD vehicles, i.e. -- they tend to shine the light somewhat to the left to avoid glare for oncoming cars. This is the opposite of here, so if you had JDM housings you would be shining the light onto oncoming cars instead. Not good, and something to keep in mind.

Last edited by Chikubi; 11-07-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:36 AM
I already have half of my jdm front on transit. Thanks for the info. I just wasn't sure the differances in the headlamp itself. I am aware of all the work and issues with using HIDs and using JDM front end parts.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
You're good to go then. I just hate to see someone spend the money only to find it wouldn't have fit afterwards, hence the advice. Waiting for pics once you've got it completed, good luck!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Chikubi
You're good to go then. I just hate to see someone spend the money only to find it wouldn't have fit afterwards, hence the advice. Waiting for pics once you've got it completed, good luck!
Thanks, it will look nicely with the Mugen Professional kit