Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Comptech for FIT ( under development)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Comptech for FIT ( under development)

im glad they start doing some stuff for honda fit.... they starting with the intake and full exhaust for the FIT... but im pretty sure they will start making some headers and what they are known for SUPERCHARGERS... that would awsome...
i just wanted to share this info
P.S: if anyone already know ( sorry im still a noob at this )

Old 11-02-2007, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
comptech's numbers have never really been impressive???

Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
im glad they start doing some stuff for honda fit.... they starting with the intake and full exhaust for the FIT... but im pretty sure they will start making some headers and what they are known for SUPERCHARGERS... that would awsome...
i just wanted to share this info
P.S: if anyone already know ( sorry im still a noob at this )
Can you link me to the post about their intake and exhaust?

Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Comptech went bankrupt I believe, and the numbers for their S2000 Supercharger kits are far from impressive, compared to the Vortech kit.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Eww, and Vortech sucks the fat one.
Wish ProCharger would work something on the Fit. OMG!

Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Comptech is back, but because they are starting over so to speak, their operations are still pretty slow. They are currently not at the operating volume they used to be at. So expect delays and wish them luck as they try to get their wings back under them. A couple of the guys who were part of the original Comptech team have taken over. I know they have started shipping headers for NSX's again and have got feedback from the guys at Autowave that they are as good as they were before. And if anyone is familiar with NSX's you will know that the Comptech headers for the NSX were one of the best around.

How this translates to the Fit is anyone's guess. But I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but again, how long it takes to get the parts out, might be a different question. I personally don't mind the wait.

Regarding their numbers being impressive, its a matter of opinion. Comptech was always about road racing, and not drag racing, drifting, or just plain show cars. Hence they were never about just numbers. They delivered a complete package for the track. They along with Real Time Racing have raced competitively over the past decade NSX's, RSX's, TSX's, and other Honda's in various road racing series like the Speed World Challenge. 1000hp does nothing if the car blows up after the first few laps, so why bother designing parts to achieve numbers like that? They design them to last and win the race with a combination of adequate hp and handling.

Last edited by FITrunner; 11-03-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Antpwny
Can you link me to the post about their intake and exhaust?
New Products

hope that helps you have to go all the way down...

Old 11-03-2007, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
all i know is that the stuff they used to put out was very well made.hopefully they can get back to putting quality stuff on the market again

Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
comptech was expensive, for minor gains....but no more than crappy mugen, toda, spoon, or any other over hyped honda tuner.

i used to have a comptech exhaust and ice box, and my buddy's got a comptech s/c'd s2000....and they are all quality parts

Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 AM
can't wait for these parts for the fit. i love the race header that i have for my 92 gs-r, the design is great and i love the product quality and sound. like some have already said, i think it is worth the wait.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kb8thekid
can't wait for these parts for the fit. i love the race header that i have for my 92 gs-r, the design is great and i love the product quality and sound. like some have already said, i think it is worth the wait.
i second that... you never know what they are planning

Old 11-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
comptech is under new management and trying to work their way back up. (like someone said above)

it'll be a while before something big comes up. (IF something is in development)

Old 11-10-2007, 05:08 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
I called comptech yesterday to see what or if they were going to develop any thing for the fit. they are still trying to decide if they will go to production with what they have already R&D for the fit. they need more calls for products the fit to go through with production. I called the parts department and the guy for comptech told me they had already developed a swaybar, header, exahust, but they had no plans for a supercharger.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Dang every time I call Comptech I get the answering machine. I have a few Comptech parts on my NSX and they are made very well. What is good about their superchargers is the reliability and the fact that they are CARB legal in So. Cali. CT Supercharger is still on my mod list.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bap
I called comptech yesterday to see what or if they were going to develop any thing for the fit. they are still trying to decide if they will go to production with what they have already R&D for the fit. they need more calls for products the fit to go through with production. I called the parts department and the guy for comptech told me they had already developed a swaybar, header, exahust, but they had no plans for a supercharger.
that sux i was hoping they would of come out with one for the FIt... guess i was wrong