Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HKS Hi-Power vs. ASpec Axle Back

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
HKS Hi-Power vs. ASpec Axle Back

Alright people, I thought that I was finally sold on the HKS Hi-Power exhaust, and was hoping to purchase it within the next couple of weeks, but I again find myself torn. Help me make a decision.

I've seen pictures and have listened to sound/video clips. I want to hear some personal opinions and pros/cons.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Retired Moderator
I know its not in your listed choices but i totally recommend the megan Racing A-Back! It sound and looks the least "Ricey" and is the cheapest of them all! But HKS over Aspec if you dont want the Megan..

Old 10-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Chris, you can check out my A-spec axle back in December if you want to wait that long. Its awesome. Not loud at all, and looks exactly like the HKS, for half the price.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
i got a video of my hks axle back with the megan mid-pipe you can check... then from there you can judge wat exhaust you want

Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
I know its not in your listed choices but i totally recommend the megan Racing A-Back! It sound and looks the least "Ricey" and is the cheapest of them all! But HKS over Aspec if you dont want the Megan..
I'm not really interested in the Megan... I don't like the styling of it... plus, not a fan of the name. It shares the name of an ex-girlfriend... don't want to have to hear about it from the current one. Hahahaha.

Originally Posted by ChrisG
Chris, you can check out my A-spec axle back in December if you want to wait that long. Its awesome. Not loud at all, and looks exactly like the HKS, for half the price.
This is what threw me off... I thought the HKS looked and sounded the best, and then realized that the ASpec looked just as nice, sounded relatively the same and was cheaper.

I was hoping to get the exhaust before the meet... but with money situations, who knows. I might be forced to wait until after, and then I can definitely check out yours.