Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Does Anybody know of a reputable performance clutch for the Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
Any updates on this? I really hope the stage1 will be available soon coz I wanna put LSD & clutch in before next HPDE & autocross season.

Either ACT/Exedy will be fine, depends who have the clutch set available first.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Smile Question

I as well cannot wait for an upgrade in the CLUTCH department!!
Question, since we are all interested in upgrading our clutches...would this be a good time to upgrade a few other areas...if you have the cash....since the clutch is removed...like LSD and Lightweight Flywheel? Thx

GD3blaze07'

Old 12-09-2007, 12:14 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spoonek4
Any updates on this? I really hope the stage1 will be available soon coz I wanna put LSD & clutch in before next HPDE & autocross season.

Either ACT/Exedy will be fine, depends who have the clutch set available first.
Exedy will most likely be first. I talked to ACT and they havent even started on it. They made the one for the Skunk2/Kraftwerks Fit but never went through on anything else.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
Just reporting back on the ATS clutch, my car drives like a dream. At first the pressure plate was extremely heavy and the clutch was a bit on the grabby side and difficult to drive, but now it feels and drives like a stock car. I think this is due to the film being formed on the carbon disk, after break in, and with this clutch you are supposed to go through a warm up procedure when you plan on doing any type of racing. So far no problems, grabs like a champ when i want it to and it also drives like stock car under normal conditions. Loving it.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Speaking of ACT, we spoke with Daryl thursday at the PRI show and he said they hadn't had enough interest in the Fit to make one. He said for us to contact him and maybe we can start to get something rolling on it though.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
i dont know, i have 26k on my car and my clutch still feels perfect.

Mine has 42,000k and it fells like when new. But it has sometimes feel kind of weird when puting 3rd gear and not giving mutch gas. But if I pull real hard it never fails.

And the day I can afford it, thas the day I;ll buy the sc kit

Old 12-11-2007, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hocker
Speaking of ACT, we spoke with Daryl thursday at the PRI show and he said they hadn't had enough interest in the Fit to make one. He said for us to contact him and maybe we can start to get something rolling on it though.
Damn i actually emailed ACT's customer service end of last year and they say they would have something come out this summer. Apparently not..

And clutchmaster didn't even bother replying.....

Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
Exedy just released something in Japan not long ago!!!!

ƒtƒBƒbƒeƒ“ƒO•ƒvƒ‰ƒCƒXƒŠƒXƒg@-HONDA@ƒtƒBƒbƒg-

Old 02-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Well, as an Exedy USA update, I was just in Japan for the Tokyo Auto Salon, and while I was there we discussed the Stage 1 & Stage 2 clutches, though they are listed on the Japan site, they are not yet available. Here in the US, I have learned not to announce something until I have it in my hands. (they may not feel the same in JP)

We expect the OE replacement clutches approx. 1 month from now, and the Stage 1 & 2 sometime before summer. That is the best info I have at the moment.

just in case you guys havent seen this yet:

Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Oh my!!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
HOLY MOTHER...!!! me want. if anything, at least the wheels!?!?!

oh wait... nm, five lug.

Last edited by los_creeper; 02-12-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I guess Im glad I posted these, I thought for sure that pics of this car would have already gotten around... I was expecting a "welcome to last week" or something...

I would have posted them earlier had I thought that people hadn't seen them.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Retired Moderator
LOL they've been on the site for a few weeks, but still cool Can you release any ball park prices for the OE replacement and Stage 1 Clutches?

Old 02-11-2008, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
I am so happy right now knowing we are getting a stage 1 & 2 replacements. Cannot WAIT!

Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I cant release pricing, since for one, I am not involved in that end of the business, so I have no idea. But after hearing how much the "stock" replacement costs, Im fairly confident that most enthusiasts wont be turned off by price...

Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
i should start shifting easier in my fit too and ooh ahh so thats what a supercharger looks like on the fit! looks noice! now chris why couldnt u do that jeez!! lol jk so far so good that the fit has new parts finally coming together for it. keep up the good work guys.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:11 AM
vbo
Thumbs up

Love it...

Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
HOLY MOLY!!! YEA BABY

Now thats a supercharger..
i love that exhuast setup

that should be the Si fit...... wow

Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
FIT OE replacement clutches are GO!

Ok, guys...

We at Exedy have received our OE Replacement clutches. So they are now available to the public. Just thought you may be interested in seeing them.

Again, let me preface this by saying:

THESE ARE DESIGNED TO BE OE REPLACEMENT CLUTCHES - THERE IS NO PERFORMANCE BENEFIT TO USING THIS CLUTCH

The advantages to this clutch are durability, and the confidence in knowing that it was designed properly using Exedy's decades of experience working with Honda.

For kicks, I thought I would show some pics comparing the "OE" to the Exedy

• first pic shows that we do some heat treating to some parts and use a stiffer damper spring setup.
• the second pic shows some strange rust colored adhesive on the OE disc, not really sure what that is, but the sloppy application speaks volumes.
• 3rd pic shows an overview of our cover/pressure plate, with some different stamping methods for strengths and riveted straps rather than clipped style, again for durability.
• the 4th set of pics shows the slightly thicker cover (kinda hard to see so I took two pics) also for added strength/durability.
(again OE on left Exedy on right in BOTH pics)

Keep your eyes peeled for the Stage 1 & Stage 2 clutches that are still expected late spring/early summer.

Last edited by yk@exedy_clutch; 03-25-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Retired Moderator
So where can we get one and how much?

Quick Reply: Does Anybody know of a reputable performance clutch for the Fit?