Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

horse power

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 04:30 PM
horse power

i have installed a k&n s.r.i., and a megan racing header. honestly i cant really see a big difference in horse power ,really subtle. maybe 5-10 extra horses? im not sure haS ANYONE DID THE DYNO TEST, I THINK ITS CALLED? IT SEEMS I HAVE A LIL MORE "UMMPH" AROUND 5500 RPMS BUT THATS ABOUT IT . THE GUY AT THE PERFORMANCE SHOP SAID I WOULD GET 20-25 EXTRA horses just by putting the header alone and k&n promises 5-8 . i just think it is a waste of money myself i have also ordered the megan racing axle back.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:58 PM
20-25 extra horsepower? Dont count on it. Last issue of Siphon showed an article where they put racing headers, exhaust, and ECU tuning on a new fit and it only gained 8.7 hp.

So a header should give you about 2-5 hp, not more.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
i was thinking of doing the same set up with my car.... like i have the fujita cold air, thinking of getting megan header and the megan mid pipe... but my friend said i might get only close to 2-4 Horse gain...

Old 09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
h.i.d.

just curious about those xenon 6000k lights how much do they cost? are they hard to install? what exactly does it do for your car?

Old 09-29-2007, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by predestyned
just curious about those xenon 6000k lights how much do they cost? are they hard to install? what exactly does it do for your car?
it cost me about 140$, i had it done professionally took them about 10 minutes ( if i remember)... its more for looks and they are really bright... i will post some pic of it soon to give you an idea.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
HID pictures

Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
i have installed a k&n s.r.i., and a megan racing header. honestly i cant really see a big difference in horse power ,really subtle. maybe 5-10 extra horses? im not sure haS ANYONE DID THE DYNO TEST, I THINK ITS CALLED? IT SEEMS I HAVE A LIL MORE "UMMPH" AROUND 5500 RPMS BUT THATS ABOUT IT . THE GUY AT THE PERFORMANCE SHOP SAID I WOULD GET 20-25 EXTRA horses just by putting the header alone and k&n promises 5-8 . i just think it is a waste of money myself i have also ordered the megan racing axle back.
The guy at the performance shop lied to you, pure and simple. The best dyno results I've seen for a header is ~9hp for the J's Racing headers, and they're pretty much considered the best on the market (and priced accordingly). K&N is a bit closer to reality, but in truth it's more like 3-5hp. You're gonna have to go w/ a supercharger or one helluva NA build if you want to see 20-25+ hp realized on your car. The fastest NA Fit right now is putting down ~145hp and that's with basically a race-prepped L15.

That all having been said though, you're not wasting your money making the changes that you have. You've already noticed the bump up in mid-high power, and probably if you play around with it longer you'll notice better throttle and engine response as well, which is much more important than hp in the long run. Once you add the exhaust, it'll get even better still.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned
You let K&N lie to you, and you let the performance shop salesman lie to you. You spent your money before looking for the factual information that has been on these forums for two years. Almost anything that you might imagine doing to your car has been done already by others, and has been discussed in depth in the forums. Read before you buy.

Last edited by manxman; 09-30-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 09-30-2007, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
the guy at the shop obviously told you that so you could buy it.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by redrumm
the guy at the shop obviously told you that so you could buy it.
What are salesmen paid to do? Sell stuff/lie to sell stuff. An educated buyer can't be conned into buying a lie.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue

looks nice can you give me a website where i can purchase these hid.s

Old 09-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
What are salesmen paid to do? Sell stuff/lie to sell stuff. An educated buyer can't be conned into buying a lie.
do me a favor dude. stop replying to my posts i take nothing you say seriously to me you are a no-it-all clown without a life. you have been nothing but a **** since i started posting about a week ago because you couldnt convince me that k&n sucks. face it man if you look hard enough you will find people will have negative comments no-matter how good the product .you seem like one of those who want people to go along with your beliefs. you will be ignored just as soon as i figure out how to. in the meantime ....bugger-off!

Last edited by robwahoo; 10-01-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: language
Old 09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned
do me a favor dude. stop replying to my posts i take nothing you say seriously to me you are a no-it-all clown without a life. you have been nothing but a asshole since i started posting about a week ago because you couldnt convince me that k&n sucks. face it man if you look hard enough you will find people will have negative comments no-matter how good the product .you seem like one of those who want people to go along with your beliefs. you will be ignored just as soon as i figure out how to. in the meantime ....bugger-off!
Good luck figuring it out. Ask your mother to help.

Last edited by manxman; 09-30-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Retired Moderator
do me a favor dude. stop replying to my posts i take nothing you say seriously to me you are a no-it-all clown without a life. you have been nothing but a asshole since i started posting about a week ago because you couldnt convince me that k&n sucks. face it man if you look hard enough you will find people will have negative comments no-matter how good the product .you seem like one of those who want people to go along with your beliefs. you will be ignored just as soon as i figure out how to. in the meantime ....bugger-off!
Lmao, you call him a no-it-all because he is educated and knows about this stuff lol..

Anyway, is this lights thread or a HP thread??

Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
Lmao, you call him a no-it-all because he is educated and knows about this stuff lol..

Anyway, is this lights thread or a HP thread??
Thanks Tyler! Predestined (spelled correctly), for "assisted living".

Last edited by manxman; 10-01-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
hate to say it but it seems like were getting more honda tech like people on here by the day

Old 10-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah 20 to 25Hp is a wee bit exagerated I know what you are saying though, I have been looking to boost up my car about 20% over stock and unfortonatly I will probably break the bank first.

So far I have installed the Fujita CAI, T1R Responce Header, T1R 50S Exhuast and I will be lucky if they gives me even a solid 12hp increase. Actually from the sounds of that Siphon mag MethodBasic mentioned I doubt I am even getting that.
What I will say is that I can sure feel the difference over stock, this car responds so well to these little increases I think they are still worth it. To be honest, my favorite mods have all been suspension related, this car is so much fun to push through corners right now!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 10-01-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Banned
MODERATORS:

This unfortunate person needs to be reminded that attacks on members are not allowed. But of course he ignored the rules as well as all of the useful information posted.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
I think the only way to get +20-25HP would be forced air...i.e. Turbo or Supercharger in addition to exhaust and header. But then again I bought my Fit for fuel economy...not HP. If I'd wanted more HP, go for the Civic SI.

Last edited by gummyrabbit; 10-01-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by gummyrabbit
I think the only way to get +20-25HP would be forced air...i.e. Turbo or Supercharger in addition to exhaust and header. But then again I bought my Fit for fuel economy...not HP. If I'd wanted more HP, go for the Civic SI.
I agree with you on forced air being the only way to achieve major hp gains, but JDMChris's mileage hasn't suffered by adding the supercharger.