Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Piggy back ecu or apexi A/F computers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Piggy back ecu or apexi A/F computers?

Yo, I am thinking of doing some N/A mods to my fit right now like intake, header and exhaust. I want to get the most out of the parts so I want to add some kind of ecu or apexi air fuel controller. Is getting a greddy emanage or hondata reflash worth it or would I be better off getting just something like an apexi air fuel controller and save some money at the same time?

Old 09-20-2007, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ride_the_pony69
Yo, I am thinking of doing some N/A mods to my fit right now like intake, header and exhaust. I want to get the most out of the parts so I want to add some kind of ecu or apexi air fuel controller. Is getting a greddy emanage or hondata reflash worth it or would I be better off getting just something like an apexi air fuel controller and save some money at the same time?
Both the emanage and apexi afc are piggyback fuel controllers. There are subtle differences between them, including amount of tunability and equipment they are packaged with. They both modify airflow signals to adjust the amount of fuel being applied at different rpms. You should also check compatibility when buying aftermarket air fuel controllers before simply buying them, because although those units are considered universal there are cars out there that will try and cancel out the changes that you make to the AF. My $0.02.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I wasn't aware there was anything availaible other than piggy back systems for the Fit at the moment.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
#003 of Siphon has a wiring diagram for adding the Apexi Neo AFC to the USDM Fit.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:13 AM
I went with Dastek Unichip. Combined with drop-in K&N high flow filter, Spoon throttle body, Spoon header, a larger downpipe and a Trust Beatmax-Ti exhaust system, I gained +10hp and over +20lb/ft torque from standard on 15" wheels and auto transmission.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 AM
try Camcon-H from Power Enterprise. can set VTEC engagement point, A/F ratios, cam setting. purpose-built piggyback for Honda cars . click here for more info http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/products/electric/camcon/camcon_honda.html

Old 11-11-2008, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
I went with Dastek Unichip. Combined with drop-in K&N high flow filter, Spoon throttle body, Spoon header, a larger downpipe and a Trust Beatmax-Ti exhaust system, I gained +10hp and over +20lb/ft torque from standard on 15" wheels and auto transmission.
Wow that sounds like a good gain. Anymore info on this Dastek Unichip? did you actually dyno your car?

Old 11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Is that bhp or whp? And 10%+ hp and 20%+ lb-ft is quite the gain. Let's see the dyno sheet, bitte.