Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

How much torque to tighten?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 05:43 PM
How much torque to tighten?

Getting the Wagolis axleback soon, will be installing it myself, any specific tightness or torque #'s to tighten up the flange bolts? most shops use air guns, but I don't have that luxury at home.. is it possible to over-torque it and break the gasket?

Old 08-04-2007, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
...hand tight is good enough... You can put
a bit of anti seize for the future... Again,
don't tight it to much...

You cannot break the gasket (you will know
when you will instal it)...

Philippe

Last edited by phil_qc; 08-04-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I see you have or are getting the Wagolis. I was curious where you purchased them from? I know Pole Position products carried them but it seems like there site or down or they are out of business and I dont know of anyone in the states that has the Fit application of either the Wagolis or Power Getter. Im a huge fan of Fujitsubo and so far I have not found a exhaust that I like more then these two. I appreciate it, thanks.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by phil_qc
...hand tight is good enough... You can put
a bit of anti seize for the future... Again,
don't tight it to much...

You cannot break the gasket (you will know
when you will instal it)...

Philippe
so there is no set amount of torque then eh? cuz I do have torque wrenches... and if it's not as finicky as tightening up oil drain plug bolts then I should be good to go.. those are easy to over torque.. maybe I don't realize my own strength

if the gasket can't be broken then what's the harm of going "all out" and tightening as tight as possible? did you put anti-seize on just the threads of the bolts or also on the gasket?

Old 08-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by JDMGD3
I see you have or are getting the Wagolis. I was curious where you purchased them from? I know Pole Position products carried them but it seems like there site or down or they are out of business and I dont know of anyone in the states that has the Fit application of either the Wagolis or Power Getter. Im a huge fan of Fujitsubo and so far I have not found a exhaust that I like more then these two. I appreciate it, thanks.
I tried polepostion myself and no luck.. I ended up getting it from Boom Plus Toys (Boom Plus Toys) they're located in BC ... was shipped out yesterday, I should see it sometime next week. Not sure how long it would take to ship to US and how much duties etc.. would be... Ask for Morris, and tell him Ed from Mississauga (who just bought one) sent ya

Old 08-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks for that info. $479 though for just an axle back even one as nice as the Wagolis is pretty high. Not to mention another at least $50-60 bucks for shipping to California where I am at. By the way if anyone wants a video clip review of the Wagolis, it is available on Fujitsubo's official site.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for that info. $479 though for just an axle back even one as nice as the Wagolis is pretty high. Not to mention another at least $50-60 bucks for shipping to California where I am at. By the way if anyone wants a video clip review of the Wagolis, it is available on Fujitsubo's official site.
email them and ask for Morris, I got it for less than what they posted it for...

Old 08-04-2007, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Canadian_R32
so there is no set amount of torque then eh? cuz I do have torque wrenches... and if it's not as finicky as tightening up oil drain plug bolts then I should be good to go.. those are easy to over torque.. maybe I don't realize my own strength

if the gasket can't be broken then what's the harm of going "all out" and tightening as tight as possible? did you put anti-seize on just the threads of the bolts or also on the gasket?

I don't know the correct torque but when I undid mine,
the torque wrenche clicked at 40lbs/'... As for anti seize,
only on the treads...

A good idea is to have a spair gasket...
If your car is almost new, no need for a new one but after a
year, this gasket is "welded" to the pipe by the heat and
corrosion and need to be destroyed to be removed...

I advice you agains to much torque only for easy removal
in the future... It's easier to remove that's all

Philippe

Old 08-04-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't know the correct torque but when I undid mine,
the torque wrenche clicked at 40lbs/'... As for anti seize,
only on the treads...

A good idea is to have a spair gasket...
If your car is almost new, no need for a new one but after a
year, this gasket is "welded" to the pipe by the heat and
corrosion and need to be destroyed to be removed...

I advice you agains to much torque only for easy removal
in the future... It's easier to remove that's all

Philippe
well my car will be literally a couple of days old as soon as I receive the exhaust... you have to use the gasket that is provided with the Wagolis though right? since the diameter of the piping is larger than stock?

I'll keep in mind not to torque too tight.. just don't want any leaks or anything like that

Old 08-04-2007, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
well my car will be literally a couple of days old as soon as I receive the exhaust... you have to use the gasket that is provided with the Wagolis though right? since the diameter of the piping is larger than stock?

I'll keep in mind not to torque too tight.. just don't want any leaks or anything like that
No gasket with the Wago. You have to use the original and it fit 100%.
Hey man, it's an easy instal... very straight foward. You only have 2
bolts to unscrew and that's all... Oh yeah, the 2 hangners to

Philippe

Old 08-04-2007, 10:12 PM
No gasket with the Wago. You have to use the original and it fit 100%.
Hey man, it's an easy instal... very straight foward. You only have 2
bolts to unscrew and that's all... Oh yeah, the 2 hangners to

Philippe
lol, I know it's easy, main question was the how tight to torque, that's all.. and you've answered that, and I appreciate it.. I'll post pics up as soon as it's done! oh, one more thing.. has your exhaust gotten louder since you got it? or has it been pretty much the same noise levels throughout?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Anyone seen this?

ƒGƒXƒvƒŒƒ~ƒAƒ€:ƒtƒBƒbƒg

ES Premium MUFFLER

If anyone can get this exhaust, I would want one in a heartbeat. It is a bit like the older Mugen's with the additional recirculating canister on the muffler but personally I think this looks amazing and suits the Fit just perfectly.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
The sound is the same as day 1.
You gonna love it for sure

Philippe

Old 08-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Anyone seen this?

ƒGƒXƒvƒŒƒ~ƒAƒ€:ƒtƒBƒbƒg

ES Premium MUFFLER

If anyone can get this exhaust, I would want one in a heartbeat. It is a bit like the older Mugen's with the additional recirculating canister on the muffler but personally I think this looks amazing and suits the Fit just perfectly.
that looks SICK ... how did you even come across that? 52000 yen is ~ $465 CDN, so it's not cheap.. looks like axle-back too.. shipping/taxes on top would be another $100 or so... but ya, that does look ridiculous

Old 08-04-2007, 10:51 PM
that looks SICK ... how did you even come across that? 52000 yen is ~ $465 CDN, so it's not cheap.. looks like axle-back too.. shipping/taxes on top would be another $100 or so... but ya, that does look ridiculous
Im big on research and im browsing Japanese tuner sites way more then US ones so I always find goodies that are near impossible to get here.

But ya aside from the Fujitsubo's, I really love this HKS. Its a shame they dont have any more info about this particular application apart from the link's I included. It is very quiet though, similar to the Wagolis. Only 3db's louder then stock even though its not clear what situation they used to measure that db level. And its obvious the craftsmanship on this particular model is top notch as you would expect from HKS.

Its sad though that the Japanese list prices usually dont mean much to us here in NA cause the few shops here that can obtain Japan only parts never sell them for those prices. If say one was to sell this particular application in NA, it would be no less then $500 or more.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Just found this myself and I thought id share for anyone who is interested. It looks like HKS makes a b-pipe for the Fit in Japan and im sure it will bolt up to a NA Fit without any issues.

Here is a pic of it: http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/...fit_img_01.gif

I cant recall at the moment what the stock b-pipe is for the Fit but this particular one is 45mm roughly just under 2" (50.8mm). The main benefit with this would be if it is indeed a few millimetre's larger then stock would be slightly more airflow and this is constructed from full 304 stainless as opposed to mild steel that the stock b-pipe is made from.

Japanese list price is 33,600yen or roughly $285USD with today's yen-dollar exchange rate. One thing I dont know though is if the way this is made is specifically to mount to HKS axle back's for the Fit or if other brand axle-back's will work with it as well.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
I had a Wagolis on my car - Great looking and nice sounding exhaust! You'll like it.

But I wanted a full catback so I got a Power Getter - A little more aggressive sounding but not obnoxious at all. My chamber style intake makes more noise at full throttle acceleration than the exhaust does!
Also, it appears the Power Getter B-Pipe will only attach to a Power Getter Axle Back so there is no possibility of mix-and-matching exhaust pieces...

Either way Fujitsubo makes a GREAT exhaust.

Thread Hi-jack Alert!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm actually ordering a J's Racing (titanium, big $$$ ) cat back from AJ-Racing....so my PowerGetter will be on the used/for sale market shortly. There is some scraping on the bottom of the resonator on the B-Pipe from sliding on an occasional speedbump but otherwise mechanically perfect and does not affect the performance of the catback at all. You'll never notice it unless you stand underneath the car when it's on a lift.

Last edited by Wave; 08-05-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Wave
I had a Wagolis on my car - Great looking and nice sounding exhaust! You'll like it.

But I wanted a full catback so I got a Power Getter - A little more aggressive sounding but not obnoxious at all. My chamber style intake makes more noise at full throttle acceleration than the exhaust does!
Also, it appears the Power Getter B-Pipe will only attach to a Power Getter Axle Back so there is no possibility of mix-and-matching exhaust pieces...

Either way Fujitsubo makes a GREAT exhaust.

Thread Hi-jack Alert!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm actually ordering a J's Racing (titanium, big $$$ ) cat back from AJ-Racing....so my PowerGetter will be on the used/for sale market shortly. There is some scraping on the bottom of the resonator on the B-Pipe from sliding on an occasional speedbump but otherwise mechanically perfect and does not affect the performance of the catback at all. You'll never notice it unless you stand underneath the car when it's on a lift.
I just didn't like the look of the power getter as much.. the spoon and megan b-pipes should fit with the wagolis axle-back though no?

Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
I just didn't like the look of the power getter as much.. the spoon and megan b-pipes should fit with the wagolis axle-back though no?
The Power Getter looks pretty much like every other N1 Style cannister out there.

Yeah, the spoon and megan B-pipes should fit the Wagolis. Just be careful of the B-pipe resonator scraping speed bumps if your car is lowered, ask me how I know .

Old 08-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Wave
The Power Getter looks pretty much like every other N1 Style cannister out there.

Yeah, the spoon and megan B-pipes should fit the Wagolis. Just be careful of the B-pipe resonator scraping speed bumps if your car is lowered, ask me how I know .
how high does the wagolis sit compared to the stock exhaust? I shouldn't have to worry about the stock b-pipe though right? I'll be on stock height until my Mugen Sports Suspension arrives... but even when they're on, it'll be about 1" drop max

Quick Reply: How much torque to tighten?