Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

H-Fit Supa Sucka Intake Now Available!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:47 PM
just got in and the Intake came as expected. did not install yet but did take a look at it so here is initial impressions. packaged very well, extremely lightweight, and even uglier in person lol. took notice to the opening for the bolt that holds the mounting bracket. is no way anyone with any kind of size is getting their hands in there. already came up with a solution and worked out perfectly. installed bolt in as directed with allen head on outside and locknut on inside. used a 10mm socket on a 1/4" swivel with a piece of tape across the opening before putting the locknut into it to make the locknut stay put. then just held the allen from the outside and used the the swivel on a 6"extension and snugged it up. can't tighten to final installation is complete but will be easy to do now. ok well just wanted to give a heads up for anyone having problems with the nut and bolt for the bracket. will post again after installed at somepoint this weekend.

Last edited by NjBlazin07; 07-28-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Install Complete

as you can see from the time difference from the edit in my last post to this one that is how long it took me to install the SSI. everything went in without a hitch and fit very nicely. here is the tools I used to complete:

Philips and Slotted Screwdrivers
1/4" drive ratchet
6" 1/4" drive extension
1/4" swivel socket(for mounting bolt located inside SSI)
10mm socket(for all mounting bolts)
5.5mm socket(stock intake clamp bolt)
10mm wrench(battery terminal/tie downs)
snub nose pliers(clamp on breather tube-not really needed)
RADIO SECURITY CODE (if disconnect battery and have stock unit)

I just followed the instruction provided which are very detailed and easy to follow. Only thing extra I did was completely remove the battery. Is not necessary but definitely is worth the extra 3 bolts and 10mins IMHO. So much more room and if your a big guy like me you will appreciate that. The mounting bolt bracket inside the box was a little tough to get the 10mm with swivel on once SSI was mounted. All I did was put a piece of tape around the swivel joint to stiffen it up and just looked through the side peering over the headlight assembly, lined it up and that was that. I also painted the silver mounting bracket last night Satin Black as the Silver really made the SSI more unattractive IMHO. Have not taken it out for a drive yet but will shortly. I did start it up and give it a quick rev. Sounds sweet ! Nice deep throaty growl especially as the RPMs climb. Its early so ws just for a second. Hope this review helps. Will edit and add more details later after test drive.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:54 AM
congratulations,welcome to the sucker's club ,now can you post some pictures.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Just got back from about 100 miles of driving. This Intake is fantastic. I have to agree with everything Wave said above in his review. Is quiet when not on the Gas but has a very deep growl that is not annoying by any means when you get on it. Especially in the 2 to 4000rpm range. I can feel the difference in acceleration as well. Much quicker throttle response and revs more freely as well. With some additional mods this Intake would be even better. Unfortunately I am bone stock know. Waiting for H-Fit to come out with its Axle Back Exhaust before I make a decision there. Might have to do headers and a pulley know as this Intake has got me excited for performance mods now. Sorry that I have not posted pics of my install, camera has mysteriously dissapeared and have yet to locate it. Only difference from mine to Wave's is that I put the K&N and SSI stickers that come with it on the exosed side for now to dress it up a little. For some reason I also do not have copper color breather tubes, mine are silver as well. Supa Sucka is no joke lol

Old 07-28-2007, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! That mod bug has bitten you huh? I just PM'ed you with an offer if you're interested.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member

There's not much more I can say that Wave hasn't already said in his review, but this thing really kicks ass. I felt a difference immediately after installing it and, I think I'm in the minority here, I really like the way it looks, nice and clean. If the intro price is still up I highly recommend any Fit owner, especially automatic's, to buy this thing, it will NOT disappoint you.

That and they kicked in a free t-shirt so I'm one happy camper .

Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 AM
welcome to the Supa Sucker club MrMarried . glad your enjoying the SSI as much as the rest of us. By the way I actually like the way it looks as well I just like to joke around how ugly it is. Great price, noticeable performance, good sound and top notch company to deal with. Got the nice shirt with my order as well. Is a shame I can not wear it as I am a 3XL kind of guy and my arms do not even fit it the XL they sent me lol. Can't go wrong with this product though, zero regrets. Now if they would only get the Axle back they are working on in the market. . . .

Last edited by NjBlazin07; 07-30-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:21 PM
welcome to the sucker's club mr. married

Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Supa Sucka #????

just placed my order here at work...could not resist it...anyone here have a 5spd with this intake???
cant wait to get mine!!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paulo107
just placed my order here at work...could not resist it...anyone here have a 5spd with this intake???
cant wait to get mine!!!!

trust me brother, you'll love it!

I've been riding around with this intake for over a week now and I'm so happy I took a chance on the Supa Sucka. The throttle response is great and I'm killing my gas mileage laying into the gas pedal just to hear it roar!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
trust me brother, you'll love it!

I've been riding around with this intake for over a week now and I'm so happy I took a chance on the Supa Sucka. The throttle response is great and I'm killing my gas mileage laying into the gas pedal just to hear it roar!
cool beans...its cool to try out a new system that alot of people dont have yet and wait for us test rats to find out...i will do a write-up as soon as i get it put in...also ia mstill waiting for the Skunk2 exhaust so this combo should be great

Old 08-04-2007, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
for those who been bagging on this intake H-fit finally has the stats of their intake on their site.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
for those who been bagging on this intake H-fit finally has the stats of their intake on their site.
indeed they do! They have a ton of information. Very good stuff.. check it out guys!

H-Fit.com....Products now available. Performance for track and street...

Old 08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
a little more info on our intake

Hi All,

We noticed that there has been some comment on our intake in other threads on fitfreak and we believe there is come confusion on the design philosophy and function of our intake.

We invested a large amount of engineering and testing time and went through several prototypes before deciding on the best chamber material, shape, volume, port size, resonance frequency, intake nozzle port angle, intake velocity stack radius, angle and diameter...etc...etc.

We do agree that our intake does not produce the smoothest path for high speed laminar airflow.

We did not design the intake to do so. As stated in our design goals and philosophy, we chose to improve intake charge volume by employing the natural pulsing nature of the intake air.

Most N/A engines will reach a point in the rpm range where the engine can take in more than 100% of its cylinder volume. This is due to the Helmholtz Resonance in the intake manifold which is basically a constructive interference of the intake pulses that actually causes an additional "push" on the intake charge physically stuffing more charge into the cylinder. kinda like mini forced induction.

Our intake was designed to maximize this effect and tune the resonance within a range where we felt most Fit owners would be driving on a daily basis. We engineered in specific restrictions within the intake to maximize this effect.

We found that smooth flow produced nice hp and torque numbers in the higher rpm's where the intake air speed does have an increased velocity, but remember we're talking 1.5 liters here, and we are talking daily drivers, not drag race cars that would require the smoothest flow due to their running at peak rpm's most the time. There are also issues regarding boundary layer turbulence, but I think that is a little too in depth to discuss here.

I noticed that CFD was mentioned in other posts. Just for information, we used SolidWorks for 3d design and CosmoWorks with FloWorks for our CFD analysis and FEA of the chamber. It may be misinterpreted that we did not employ CFD during our design phase which would be incorrect. I just wanted to clarify.

I could write and write about the design philosophy and goals of our SSI, but it is really our customers that will provide the feedback and the pro's and con's of our intake design.
We, in no way, make any claims to be the best or nor do we believe that there is no room for future improvement. This would be ignorant on our part.

However, we do believe that we have produced an intake that our customers will enjoy. We have had great feedback from our SSI customers.

Ultimately, bringing a good product to our customers is our goal and there is no better reward than hearing that we have met their requirements.

Thanks again!

H-FIT team
H-Fit.com....Products now available. Performance for track and street...
J Squared Advanced Development - Performance Automotive Engineering

Old 08-09-2007, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Very cool response guys! :-)

Any news on your shift kit? ;-)

Old 08-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by dave brown
Very cool response guys! :-)

Any news on your shift kit? ;-)
X2-
I wish that ALL makers of modification parts for the Fit were as professional, thorough, careful, and forthcoming with information as H-FIT.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:12 PM
I must admit I would not have guessed that type of R&D work and overall engineering was done on this product. I must say, I’m impressed with the work that went into designing this intake.

One question, is there a small velocity stack inside the camber just in front of the throttle body? Or would that have made the mold too complicated for this particular design?

Scott

Old 08-09-2007, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MadtownFit
I must admit I would not have guessed that type of R&D work and overall engineering was done on this product. I must say, I’m impressed with the work that went into designing this intake.

One question, is there a small velocity stack inside the camber just in front of the throttle body? Or would that have made the mold too complicated for this particular design?

Scott
i rest my case...

i just want to say that at the end its the consumers choice for what they want to buy. i looked at the SSI when they first talked about it and felt already that i wanted it when they released it. i was looking at the K&N intake and we can see that is was not a big hit with a fellow fitfreak i got mine and have not put it on

Last edited by Paulo107; 08-10-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MadtownFit

Scott
MadtownFit-
ANYTHING that can be machined out of a piece of sold material can be inexpensively molded in production. Stainless Steel frames and slides for Colt Model 19llA1 .45 Automatic Pistols, and all designs and models of golf clubs are made by a mold and casting process. If there IS a "velocity stack" in the chamber of this intake system, it wouldn't add a cent to production cost, since the stack would be part of the mold.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Paulo107
i rest my case...

i just want to say that at the end its the consumers choice for what they want to buy. i looked at the SSI when they first talked about it and felt already that i wanted it when they released it. i was looking at the K&N and we can see that is was not a big hit with a fellow fitfreak i got mine and have not put it
Paulo-
Have not put it where?

Quick Reply: H-Fit Supa Sucka Intake Now Available!