Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

SRS Cat-back Exhaust Test/Review. Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
SRS Cat-back Exhaust Test/Review. Pics

Alright people. I decided to buy this exhaust, my fit is the guinea pig.
First off. The exhaust wasnt scheduled to be here till tomorrow, I got it a day early. Wooohooo!

First off. Packing was simple. Bubble wrap, foam peanuts in little bags.
Pulled the exhaust pieces out with no mess. Bolts and gaskets were mounted to the exhaust pieces. No baggies. Could be good and bad. Gaskets can get bent, same if they were in bags though.

Heres the exhaust compared to the OEM. Notice its 3 piece. I have no idea why, not the best in design. That middle piece seems like an exhaust flow obstruction (flanges...)

Piping is 2.25in I believe. You can see the difference.

Notice mine is missing a hanger? The curve just before the resnator. Welds were there but no hanger. I used a worm clamp.

Exhaust hangs a little low. Not too bad though. I think its due to me having the T1R cat-delete. I noticed after I installed it my OEM hung a bit lower.

Install was a breeze. I used the new gaskets and bolts that came with it.
All bolted up fine with no problems.

The tip comes up short. About 2in too short

Muffler doesnt look too bad. Not my style though. My axle-back would NOT fit on this cat-back. The cat-backs flanges are flat and the OEM flanges use donuts. It may work? I didnt try it but I eye balled it.

Sound. It actually sounds really nice! Remember I have NOT CAT. From 2500-3200rpms revving it has a buzz but after that its deep as hell.
Its actually almost too deep, so deep that its really loud.

I was really worried it was going to be horribly buzzy. Not at all. Although Im going to change the muffler.

Is it worth it? Id say so. I didnt really notice any gain in low end. After 3500rpms it really pulls though!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
doesnt look half bad

if you had the CAT i probably wouldnt be as "buzzy"

Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
not to bad.what did you end up paying for this thing?

Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
that's pretty sweet. is that the one from modacar.com? looks identical. yeah give us info where u got it from.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Looks pretty awesome. And i agree if you didnt have the cat delete you would loss the raspyness or atleast not as much. How about a sound clip?

Old 06-27-2007, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
It looks dead on like the Modacar exhaust, which I returned because I didn't like the fact that the axle back did not bolt up to the stock b-pipe. The welds looked okay, but the quality of the material wasn't up to par as the Japanese exhausts I have experience with (this exhaust was made in China). The only good thing about it was the $139 blowout price on it. Also for some reason the silencer that was supposed to come with it wasn't in the box.

Spoon here I come!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
This is the selled of the exhaust system.
I find it weird that since I bought this exhaust he has no listings for the Fit anymore.
eBay My World - nissangtrpower

doesnt look half bad

if you had the CAT i probably wouldnt be as "buzzy"
I know if I had a cat the exhaust would actually sound really low tone. As I said, its not buzzy all the time. Low RPMS it tends to give off some buzzy, but its a deeper buzz. Not a high pitched rasp.

As for looks. It looks like a Greddy Evo, minus the huge tip. Its like a mini Greddy. I find myself walking around the car all the time. I think it looks good. But Im changing the muffler.

not to bad.what did you end up paying for this thing?
Since Im a test0r. $180shipped.

that's pretty sweet. is that the one from modacar.com? looks identical. yeah give us info where u got it from.
I dont really know? I dont think it is, that would suck because I dont like them much.
Judging buy what this guy said. (Below)
It seems like it is the Modacar. They claim SrS cat-back.

It looks dead on like the Modacar exhaust, which I returned because I didn't like the fact that the axle back did not bolt up to the stock b-pipe. The welds looked okay, but the quality of the material wasn't up to par as the Japanese exhausts I have experience with (this exhaust was made in China). The only good thing about it was the $139 blowout price on it. Also for some reason the silencer that was supposed to come with it wasn't in the box.
The only thing I dont like about this exhaust is that my axle-back doesnt bolt up. Or at least I dont think it will. Im going to try it today. Looking at it, doesnt seem so.

Mine came with a silence, not that Ill ever use it.

Looks pretty awesome. And i agree if you didnt have the cat delete you would loss the raspyness or atleast not as much. How about a sound clip?
Ill try to get a sound clip before I remove the muffler. My mom needs to bring her digicam from work back.

EDIT. I just installed my Axle-back. Fit with lots of tightening. Going to work!

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 06-27-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Looks pretty good...i actually like how it doesnt stick out that much. Lets see the pics of your twinloop on there.

Need a side shot to see how short it really looks!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
The TwinLoop looks identical to the way it looked before. My guess its the axle-back supplied with the exhaust system is too short? I told the seller that and I guess hes going to revise them?

My axleback had a slight exhaust leak. Took it to an exhaust shop for the hanger and they put in a longer donut. Works fine. No leaks, sounds better than ever.

I actually do have another side shot. Not the best but it gives you an idea.

I got a vid. It had the slight exhaust leak in this vid, the TwinLoop was installed. I love the sound, even if it has some Honda buzz.

Hope it works. I can really hear the leak in this vid. Ewww. It sounds really nice now.
Fit Full Exhaust Clip

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 07-06-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
I like how it sounds. I guess the b-pipe opened her up.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ohh yea. It sounds a lot better in person of course. Big difference in performance also.

Just need a header. Ohh, and no awaiting my Rear Swaybar.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I dont really know? I dont think it is, that would suck because I dont like them much.
Judging buy what this guy said. (Below)
It seems like it is the Modacar. They claim SrS cat-back.

Mine came with a silence, not that Ill ever use it.
Yeah that's definitely the Modacar one. I have it, but my b-pipe had the bits that went into the stock rubber flanges. Weird that yours didn't. Probably just a small mistake.

I have headers/exhaust/CAI. I tried running without the silencer and it was LOUD. It was loud enough to shake the rear of my car a little along with anything small that wasn't bolted down (i.e. coins). I definitely needed to put the silencer on.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Yeah that's definitely the Modacar one. I have it, but my b-pipe had the bits that went into the stock rubber flanges. Weird that yours didn't. Probably just a small mistake.

I have headers/exhaust/CAI. I tried running without the silencer and it was LOUD. It was loud enough to shake the rear of my car a little along with anything small that wasn't bolted down (i.e. coins). I definitely needed to put the silencer on.
Its deff a Modacar exhaust. I just looked through all the pics. I find it weird that the Ebay seller sold it to me at suck a low price is the exhaust is CLEARLY bought by other Fit owners with no complaints. Hahaha! Kinda funny.

I also found it weird that they claim it bolts up to any axle-back in which I had to get a new donut washer to make mine stop leaking. It didnt just "bolt up."

I saw the exhaust listed on her for about 260-280 plus shipping. Mine was a steal!

As for the silencer, its the muffler. The muffler is a piece of crap. My TwinLoop knocked the sound down by almost 50%. Pretty crazy. It sounds like it did before with the stock Bpipe. No noise at idle (biggest problem with the old muffler) and actually sounds pretty similar at WOT also.

I enjoy the exhaust though. A good buy IMO.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
not bad looking...cant wait for my skunk2

Old 07-11-2007, 01:46 PM
its 100 % modacar,no doubt about it !!,the seller just change the name to SRS, now theres 3 of us that have that set up so far,(deadpoet000,boyetssilverfit,mx6gt89)but mx6gt89 got the best deal,congratulation's,and enjoy the sound.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
how much does the twin loop cost? I'm thinking of switching the axle-back out.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator