Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Skunk2 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Skunk2 Exhaust

Does the Skunk2 cat back exhaust add any horse and has it been dyno'd? Or is it all just sound for the 450$+ system? For those that have it, do you feel an increase in power?

Old 06-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
It does add a few horses when driving hard, but you really can not expect a catback exahast to add that much power to a car with one 100 to start with. But the more stuff you change the better it helps.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Banned
Yup...the butt dyno feels something. I have access to a dyno for free so I have been toying with the idea of putting on the stocker then the Skunk2 to show the difference for some folks...at least with an AT.

I think any exhaust is going to improve a little bit. You would be spending $xxx on sound (for the most part) if you purchased just a muffler or a rear section. But a full cat-back smooths out the bends in the factory exhaust.

Kris

Old 06-23-2007, 06:07 PM
its for sure more horses gained then a axle back at least right?

Old 06-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned
Yeah....How much depends on other add ons as mentioned. But the freer flowing piping is what is giving you a little more umph.

I would get it! Again, I am biased. But get it. You don't like it...Take a SMALL hit and sell it for an axleback. I would say you would be more pleased with the full compliment of one branded companies products providing your piping issues.

Good luck. And 4+ bills is a lot for a Fit Freak but coming from an Evo...turbo backs were over $1K! So it is worth it. If you have or get a CAI intake, it will only compliment it so much better. I have pics floating here or on my website of the piping differences and they are definitely significant.

Kris

Old 06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by fit4kris
Yeah....How much depends on other add ons as mentioned. But the freer flowing piping is what is giving you a little more umph.

I would get it! Again, I am biased. But get it. You don't like it...Take a SMALL hit and sell it for an axleback. I would say you would be more pleased with the full compliment of one branded companies products providing your piping issues.

Good luck. And 4+ bills is a lot for a Fit Freak but coming from an Evo...turbo backs were over $1K! So it is worth it. If you have or get a CAI intake, it will only compliment it so much better. I have pics floating here or on my website of the piping differences and they are definitely significant.

Kris
Thanks for the input. what i have now is the a spec axle back. I had second thoughts cause one of my friend said skunk2 exhuast were more sound then performance. I also have a fujita intake already in my fit. So ill see how it goes. I have a feeling that ill like the Skunk2 exhaust better then what i have now.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Judging by other companies a cat-back adds anywhere from 5-8whp. Its been proven. Axle-backs are normally 2-3whp. An intake and a cat-back add 10-12whp at most. Automatics seem to repond better to mods; on the dyno.

Since only one real person dynoed their Fit and posted results. A intake, header, cat-back, and an under drive pulley give good gains. He dynoed 107whp I believe.

Im not sure if he had a gutted/highflow/or delete cat. Might have even been OEM. I'll tell you me adding just my cat-delete made a BIG difference in "felt performance."

All cars are different. Some will respond great to mods, some might not gain anything.

Wait about a week. Im going to be testing an Ebay cat-back. Its only $250-$300. I'll post fitment, quality, felt power, sound clips, maybe dynos. Depends. Wait it out. It will also work with your alxe-back, or at least I hope cause I want to use mine.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 06-23-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by its.ryu
Thanks for the input. what i have now is the a spec axle back. I had second thoughts cause one of my friend said skunk2 exhuast were more sound then performance. I also have a fujita intake already in my fit. So ill see how it goes. I have a feeling that ill like the Skunk2 exhaust better then what i have now.
I honestly think you will like the exhaust. the quality is second to none and the sound, well it is all a matter of preferenace. There is an included silencer which brings the exhaust damn near to stock sound. with it removed, sure it is louder but not like a bunch of angry bee's.

Kris

Old 07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
just received my exhaust today . Going to try to put it on later today. Everything seems cool but you guys have trouble getting the silencer in and out? I had to push mine in and it was a pain in the ass trying to get it back out.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned
The silencer IS a PITA to get in and out. I had it in for a bit but then just kept it out. I chewed it up a little pulling it out. It is good that is tight so it doesn't fly out if you forget to put the bolt in...And it is also tight to help silence. If it had gaps, it would sound like poo!

You like the exhaust?!

kris

Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
I had the silencer on while driving back home from my uncles shop. cant do it at my house cause my driveway is slated. im going out later tonight without the silencer on so ill see then. but what im wondering about right now is that the exhaust tip is touching my rear lip, is that normal? cause i noticed that with out the silence is vibrates a little when idle. its just a rear lip but still want to keep it nice looking

Old 07-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Banned
I don't touch whatsoever. Try goofing with the hangers a little bit. May just need mild adjusting. Mine has been on for a couple of months maybe and no rubbing.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:21 AM
i tried doing that. im thinking that maybe the hangers are too far apart making the exhaust rub on the lip. if the hangers were closer together it might make a gap. ill fool around with it more tomorrow. as for the sound its a little bit loud if only if the sound was between the silencer and without the silence it would be good. but ill keep the silencer off since it might grow on me while driving

Old 07-04-2007, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
So does anyone have any videos or soundclips of the exhaust with and without silencer ? If ya could you guys send me the link ? I am thinking of getting one and would like to know how it sounds.BTW I couldnt find the dynos of the 60mm so let me know if you guys can find them. Thanks

-Patrick

Old 07-04-2007, 10:36 PM
i came home today got out of my car and it smelled like plastic. i looked up on my rear lip where the exhaust was touching and it seems i shouldnt be worried about the paint on my lip lol. im not sure why mine hang so high. ill get some pictures up tomorrow and see if you guys can tell whats up.

pat272: theres some on youtube. search for skunk2 honda fit.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
for the first couple of weeks I noticed that same type of smell coming from the exhaust I called Skunk2 and the tecks said that it was normal but if it lasts for any longer than that to give them a call and I have the base model and mine does not touch at all. and yes I have to use vise grips to take that silencer out but I did notice on their web site that they have a silencer for sale that looks way better just not shure if it would fit.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bap
for the first couple of weeks I noticed that same type of smell coming from the exhaust I called Skunk2 and the tecks said that it was normal but if it lasts for any longer than that to give them a call and I have the base model and mine does not touch at all. and yes I have to use vise grips to take that silencer out but I did notice on their web site that they have a silencer for sale that looks way better just not shure if it would fit.
i can understand that your exhaust doesnt touch your bumper since it doesnt have the lip. but you ever find out where that smell was coming from? a little bit of my lip got melted in to a wide u shape and now it doesnt touch the lip but the gap isnt that big less then a cm.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned
FWIW, the smell could be coming from the piping itself. If you noticed, there is a thin coat of oil on the piping when taken out of the bags. It has to burn off and takes a few days. While I wouldn't think plastic and oil would smell the same, my smell is gone and sheesh, I don't know why it would be touching the lip.

The hangers are squishy in this thing for sure....Call Skunk2 and see what they recommend. I am positive they will help you out and hopefully have a solution.

Kris

Old 07-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Old 07-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned
Definitely something wrong. PM Skunk2 on here or call them...may still be open.

Mine has PLENTY of room between the lip and the exhaust...It wouldn't touch it if I pushed as hard as I could.

Quick Reply: Skunk2 Exhaust