Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Skunk2 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by fit4kris
Definitely something wrong. PM Skunk2 on here or call them...may still be open.

Mine has PLENTY of room between the lip and the exhaust...It wouldn't touch it if I pushed as hard as I could.
really? from your pictures it looks like yours sit exactly like mine.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Hmmm that looks like it would look real good on a Fit without the rear lip.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
its.ryu, can you take a pic from behind the car so i can see the angle if any? and the size compared to the car.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Banned
its.ryu, Look at my link in my signature. I can assure you that it does not touch the bumper whatsoever.

I talked to Skunk2 and let them know of the issue and they mentioned that they PM'd you so I hope it is getting resolved.

Good luck.

Kris

Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Where did you guys purchase?? Is this the mega power one?

Old 11-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
bought the skunk2 60mm catback yesterday. im guessing it'll take a week to get to nj... i'll post my pics and opinions as soon as i get it done. i can't wait!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Alright post sound clips up too please!

Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
got my skunk2 60mm last nite, instaling it asap, maybe today if its nicer out by the time i get outta work...
since im still NA, will the 60mm actually be detrimental to performance until i add a few more mods?

EDIT: Installed it Wednesday nite, and wow am I happy =)))) Only took 40-45 min to install for a complete novice and it fits perfectly, doesn't touch the lip at all. I LOVE the deep, throaty sound. It actualy sounds MEAN, unlike these typical coffee grinder mufflers you see all to often. Honestly doesn't do too much for the butt dyno, but im sure there will be noticable gains once i get an intake and headers, maybe even a test pipe. Pics and vids coming as soon as we see some nice weather here in NJ... peace 4 now =)

EDIT 2:
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
Honestly doesn't do too much for the butt dyno
did a quick map reset, so i guess its compensating for the lean mixture now, and i do feel a noticable gain, probably no more than 5-6 hp but noticable nonetheless... money well spent IMO...

Originally Posted by Tuna
Where did you guys purchase?? Is this the mega power one?
I purchased mine through JHPUSA.com Very good service IMO and delivered on time. Yes, this is the MegaPower Exhaust from Skunk2. I purchased the 60mm system because i am planning many more mods for the future, but there is a 50mm system out as well for those who are planning little to no modification.

Last edited by REXXXXXXXXX; 11-24-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
[/quote] did a quick map reset, so i guess its compensating for the lean mixture now, and i do feel a noticable gain, probably no more than 5-6 hp but noticable nonetheless... money well spent IMO...[/quote]

how do you do a map reset? sorry if it's a silly question, but I got the 50mm system and if you feel more of a diff. after a reset, I need to do it too!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
did a quick map reset, so i guess its compensating for the lean mixture now, and i do feel a noticable gain, probably no more than 5-6 hp but noticable nonetheless... money well spent IMO...[/quote]

how do you do a map reset? sorry if it's a silly question, but I got the 50mm system and if you feel more of a diff. after a reset, I need to do it too![/quote]

its simple, all you do is start the car, and let it sit. after a minute or so you will hear the fan kick on, let it go thru 2 cycles (on off on off) and shut your car. At least thats what i did. you might wanna check some other threads just to be sure..