Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

J's Racing center pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
J's Racing center pipe

So, was out of town over this past weekend, and when I returned I had this beauty waiting for me at my folks' place. I finally got a chance to take a pic today and am totally pumped that it's here after near 3 months wait. BTW, it's so light I can pick it up with one finger without so much as a bit of effort. Hopefully will get it installed this weekend and then post some vids like I did with just the muffler.

*** UPDATE ***

Finally got a round to making some vids of the J's setup, sorry for the long wait. Most are in-car, but there's one from the outside too, though it's stationary (was by myself). The sound is pretty accurate, but in reality there's more rumble to it in person. Anyway, enjoy!

USDM Fit w/ J's Racing 50RR full catback, outside
USDM Fit w/ J's Racing 50RR full catback, 0-60 windows open
USDM Fit w/ J's Racing 50RR full catback, 0-60 windows shut
USDM Fit w/ J's Racing 50RR full catback, city driving
USDM Fit w/ J's Racing 50RR full catback, city driving 2

Last edited by Chikubi; 08-12-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Nice pick-up!

Old 06-22-2007, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
no resonator,that gonna be loud but still badass

Old 06-22-2007, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SPON FIT
no resonator,that gonna be loud but still badass
Guilty pleasure maybe, but I'm actually looking forward to loud at this point. The muffler alone is just a bit too quiet for my taste, so the center pipe oughtta bring out my inner-ricer quite nicely.

Ultimately, I'm mainly looking forward to seeing what performance gains there are over just the muffler itself, as well as any mpg changes too. No resonator should definitely affect those areas as well I'd imagine.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
cant wait to hear it on a vid! nice pick up

Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Its not that loud. Dougie made those vids, I actually thought it had a resonator.
Dont touch the cat. It'll be DAMN loud and buzzy.

Looks great. So smooth.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
I wanna know if mpgs increase and how much heavier the stock piping is compared to the J's.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smeister
I wanna know if mpgs increase and how much heavier the stock piping is compared to the J's.
I don't expect the mpg to increase, but not sure. With the tail only nothing changed at all; stayed the same it always was, but there may be an effect of some sort this time. We'll see.

Weight-wise, J's website puts the muffler at 6 lbs vs. the stock 10.6 lbs, and the center-pipe at 7.1 lbs vs. stock 12.3 lbs, for a total difference w/ both parts together of 9.8 lbs lighter than the stock equipment. That translates to about 58% of the weight of the OEM parts. Not bad.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, thanks for the details man.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Too bad that thing cost an arm, leg, and all your toes. I would have had one by now; along with the muffler. I was going to buy it before I had the Fit.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Do you guys reckon the complete J's exhaust system will be quieter than the complete Spoon N1 system?

The Spoon has an optional silencer, the J's doesn't. I'm still very undecided about the 2 but leaning towards the Spoon N1 as I think they're bad ass!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
in my opinion the spoon is quiet, I have never needed to use the silencer

Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by George02
in my opinion the spoon is quiet, I have never needed to use the silencer
You have the whole system or just the muffler?

Old 06-22-2007, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by justinfox
Do you guys reckon the complete J's exhaust system will be quieter than the complete Spoon N1 system?

The Spoon has an optional silencer, the J's doesn't. I'm still very undecided about the 2 but leaning towards the Spoon N1 as I think they're bad ass!!!
I can't say which is quieter as I've only got and heard the J's in person, but there is a silencer also for the J's, it's on their website. The figures they give are 91db muffler-only; 96db center+muffler; 91 db center+muffler+silencer. I wanna say the Spoon was rated at ~100db for the center+muffler, but don't quote me.

Either unit is a good product. The J's has the advantage in weight and rarity, the Spoon with price. Can't say anything about performance as haven't seen any real charts for either.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Too bad that thing cost an arm, leg, and all your toes. I would have had one by now; along with the muffler. I was going to buy it before I had the Fit.
Yeah, I won't lie, it's a bit of a workout money-wise. Pretty much my whole mod budget for this year, so no more goodies until maybe Christmas, but I think it's worth it in the long run. I just couldn't find any other exhaust I wanted more than the J's.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:41 PM
The J's racing looks and sounds so much better then the Spoon N1, imo.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RickyGD
The J's racing looks and sounds so much better then the Spoon N1, imo.
Bit biased aren't we? Noticed the tip on your's when I was looking at your gallery. Do you have the b-pipe also?

Mine got put on this past Saturday. The difference in sound is quite noticeable than from before; the tech when he was backing the car out after the service work gave a quick smirk as he hit the gas and the garage shook. Still, inside the car I think it's quieter somewhat than the Espelir I had on my xB. Hit 3000 rpm on that for any stretch and it'd pop your ears every time. Outside, it pretty much sounds like Dougie's vids, though maybe toned down just a notch or two. Tunnels and bridges are more fun now by far.

Performance wise, I notice a bit more mid-range torque than before and the high-end feels more open, too. Hills feel fairly unstressed, particularly longer ones where it might've started to poop out towards the end before. Throttle response seems pretty similar overall. Going from the axle-back to having both doesn't show as much difference as it did going from OEM to the axle-back, but I'd say if you went from OEM to the cat-back set up directly the difference would be fairly pronounced. Overall, I think this setup kicks ass.

Hopefully will get a vid done sometime over the next few days for you.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Nice one. Interesting.

I felt a massive difference from simply taking off the stock axle back. The stock axle back muffler really must be a massive culprit. Take it off and there's so much sound (literally driving around without a muffler) and so much more response which says the stock muffler really must "snake" the piping a lot.

I'm STILL undecided. I've gone through many reviews on Minkara. Looks like J's is the winner. ESPECIALLY their headers. Having said all that I want more power and staying NA might just not cut it for me.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, J's is the odds on favorite among JDM Fit owners. And you're right, the headers are really held in high esteem over all others. I know they dyno'd in at +9 hp over stock, so they're on my list for next year's big mods 'cause the price is as any other J's exhaust part -- steep!

Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Looks pretty bad ass cant wait to see install pics and video.

Quick Reply: J's Racing center pipe