Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fujita intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
i dont have fender lining infront of my filter. and believe it or not, in the desert where its dusty as heck...my filter still stays clean.

i have water splashing on it by the tire....dust from the road. and till this day it is still pretty dam clean. and its really not that hard to clean it, soap and water

Last edited by SD_MR_FIT; 02-04-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
but if you do it right, you will have the fender lining to block all that dirt and stuff. so yes it will stay even cleaner.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
You can clean this filter with soap & water??

Old 02-05-2008, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
You can clean this filter with soap & water??

warm soapy water...you swish it around a couple of times and then dunk it in clean water. rinse it out and let it air dry.

it says to do it like that on the fujita website. its a dry flow filter...no oiling needed

Old 02-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by japspeed
is it with a/c on or off? i was thinking a/c system noises.
It doesnt matter if the ac is on or off. I tried that too. I rarely run my ac anyway but i put it on just to see if it changed anything. I forgot to run the car with the radiator cap off to see if there was any air in the system and now the car is hot so i will have to try it tomorrow when its light out. I really hope that it fixes it. The sound is driving me nuts...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
It doesnt matter if the ac is on or off. I tried that too. I rarely run my ac anyway but i put it on just to see if it changed anything. I forgot to run the car with the radiator cap off to see if there was any air in the system and now the car is hot so i will have to try it tomorrow when its light out. I really hope that it fixes it. The sound is driving me nuts...
i know what you mean, i hate little unexplainable noises, i got gid of an integra once after being rearended it had little squeaks and rattles i couldnt find. would you say the intake sits at least a foot from the ground. i have to drive thru puddles when it rains that are sometimes up to 6 inches deep.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I could be wrong but am pretty sure it is an air pocket caused by the coolant flowing out during the install. Check your fluid level, start the fit and idle for 10 minutes with heater/blower on high. This should release the air pocket trapped in the lines behind the dash. It worked for me after I installed my fujita cai.

I also just cleaned my filter with about 3500 miles on it and had no more dirt than my short ram on my explorer. The filter is very protected and would take about 12-18 inches of standing water to flood it potentially causing hydrolock. I live in central florida with LOTS of rain. Just my two cents. Also for cleaning, run soap on the outside of the filter and let it set for 5 minutes. Then get your water as hot as you can (I use the kitchen sink LOL) and use the sprayer and spray the inside out. This helps dirt/sand from pushing through the filter. Basically spray the dirt the opposite direction of air flow!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackberry08
I could be wrong but am pretty sure it is an air pocket caused by the coolant flowing out during the install. Check your fluid level, start the fit and idle for 10 minutes with heater/blower on high. This should release the air pocket trapped in the lines behind the dash. It worked for me after I installed my fujita cai.

I also just cleaned my filter with about 3500 miles on it and had no more dirt than my short ram on my explorer. The filter is very protected and would take about 12-18 inches of standing water to flood it potentially causing hydrolock. I live in central florida with LOTS of rain. Just my two cents. Also for cleaning, run soap on the outside of the filter and let it set for 5 minutes. Then get your water as hot as you can (I use the kitchen sink LOL) and use the sprayer and spray the inside out. This helps dirt/sand from pushing through the filter. Basically spray the dirt the opposite direction of air flow!
thanks for the input, i feel better about putting it on now, but im still cutting it and putting a water bypass in it, like the aem one. just to be extra safe.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 AM
thanks for the input, i feel better about putting it on now, but im still cutting it and putting a water bypass in it, like the aem one. just to be extra safe
Your welcome! Good luck!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
wonder if it is safe to add filter oil(red) to the fujita filter to increase filtering effectiveness, or if it would hindder air flow/ damage filter element?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
i think it would damage it....

i mean thats what i think it would do....

Old 02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I did the whole running the car with the radiator cap off for ten minutes with the heater on and it fixed it for a few hours and then out of no where it started again. Anyone else experiencing problems getting the radiator cap off with the short ram? Mine was a pain and i even had to loosen the intake itself to move it enough for the cap to make the full turn. Im gonna try again tomorrow and see what happens. Maybe i have a leak in the line or something. There has got to be something im overlooking. Thanks for all the advice though.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackberry08

well after installing i think it sits way too low in my car, maybe because im lowered on df210, but the filter is only 6 to 8 inches off the ground, i will be making a short ram out of it this weekend.