Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fujita intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I might be wrong, but I thought the air-fuel mixture was determined by the O2 sensor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_Sensor

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-25-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Viola!! that makes sense...

Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, it is nice to have our resident expert on hand Cheers Claymore!

Hey Sortanewinatl,
did you figure out what you want to do with your intake yet?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-26-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Yes... more or less. Just have to get off my lazy butt and do it. I had one of these Modshack | Stage 1 TTDA in my GTI... and I loved it. Sortof a hybrid between the powerbox designs and a CAI. Part of it's benefit would be lost in the Fit, since it has no MAF... his intent was to ensure airflow over the MAF was smooth. CAI's tend to cause the MAF to mis-read. Fit has no MAF... so nothing to gain there. But it is also very well insulated and has a large chamber ("powerbox") which should help with immediate throttle response. And a larger, smoother intake should help with the high end. The thing I like best is that the filter (inverted cone style) stays under the hood, so it doesn't get as nasty and is MUCH easier to clean/replace than the under the fender designs. The induction hose would still go to the same spot as the Fujita (and others) CAI, but the filter is on the top end, not the bottom end of the hose.
I plan to cut the Fujita intake and use the top 5 or 6 inches... So I won't have to worry about having a pipe bent and cut for the IAT sensor. The rest, I will have to fab myself...

Old 07-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Damn, that is going to look & sound killer! Post some pics once you get around to it!

lol, you need a Vault energy drink
YouTube - Vault Commercial

Old 07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
ive heard my friends FIT with a fujita intake. Sounds nice!

Old 07-05-2007, 03:25 AM
hey sorta, thanx again for picking up the used CAI from me!

sorry to hear about the sound thing. when i ordered it, the guy had said that the Fujita CAI is the only one that isn't CARB-certified. it gains more power than the other CAIs because it's more free-flowing.

when i had the CAI installed, i did have it with an exhaust so i never noticed any raspy noises. now that i have the Injen, i notice a difference. the Injen is a little quieter, but i don't feel as nice a boost in power.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Just an update:

I installed my Fujita intake this morning; the install went ok... but with a few notable hic-ups.

First, I was caught off guard by how much coolant spewed out of the engine when I was running the new bypass hose. Sure, Sure, for guys who work on Honda engines all day long this must seem like a pretty obvious oversight, but whatever this is my first Honda and I had no idea that much fluid would come out. I have done my fair share of intake installs on other cars/trucks and this is the first that resulted in a puddle of coolant on the floor.

Secondly, as I was finishing the install and placing the air-temp sensor into the rubber gromit... the gromit pushed into the intake pipe . Arrggg!! So I had to disassemble the entire thing to get the gromit out. Was very careful the second time around
i had the EXACT same two problems when i first installed mine. i was like WTF?!?!?!?! when the coolant came out everywhere. luckily i had extra honda coolant. after the install, i refilled the radiator and the reservoir.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, that is pretty funny you had the same problems. Wasn't really a big deal, I just figured only a little bit of coolant was going to come out... I wasn't prepared for the gushing 5 minute waterfall You figure the instructions would have said something If I had known in advance I would have had the other replacement line ready to go on asap!!

But hey, now everybody else that needs to put on the Fujita can save themselves some coolant & cleanup My job is here done

Old 02-01-2008, 09:47 PM
I know that this is an old thread but did any of you guys experience a sloshing sound after you installed the Fujita? I checked my coolant level and it is good but im still getting a sloshing sound when i first start up and occasionally when im driving. Its kind of annoying too. haha.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
no. i have not experience the "sloshing" sound. do you have some liquids in your intake or something?

Old 02-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
no. i have not experience the "sloshing" sound. do you have some liquids in your intake or something?
Nope i already tried that. It sounds like its coming from inside the dash behind the pedals. It sounds like there is air in a line and it is flushing through or something. Its kinda hard to describe. Does that make sense?

Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
actually now that you say that. yeah i get that noise all the time. i just tell myself its the gas shooting up and around in the hose or something.

kinda sounds like when your gargling your mouth with listerine. that swishy swashy sound. yeah i get that ....hmm i dont think its from the intake though

Old 02-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I only noticed it after the intake instal though but yea it sounds like gargeling mouth wash. Well i have no idea what it is then. haha.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Maybe you have some air trapped in the system somewhere, maybe start it up with the rad cap off and add in fluid to see if you can get the air out. Failing that see if you can get your hands on a sound scope so you can pinpoint the sloshing location.

Maybe just the fuel lines? I hear sloshing under the seat once in a while too.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:40 PM
I will try to see if there is any air in the system first and go from there. The sound is def coming from behind the pedals. I just went outside to duplicate it and thats where i can hear it the best. I will see in the morning cause its too dark out now. I will let you guys know what happens. Thanks for the info.

Joshua

Old 02-02-2008, 01:32 AM
The only sloshing I feel is the darn GAS TANK under the driver seat .

Old 02-03-2008, 12:55 AM
yeah only sloshing i get is from gas tank. but no gargling sounds?!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
is it with a/c on or off? i was thinking a/c system noises.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
i just received a fujita cai by mistake, i ordered the short ram because of all the rain and puddles in south florida, but for some reason they sent me the cai. so i know i can cut the intake and put a water bypass thing in, but my concern is the filter getting to grimey to fast, does it stay pretty protected in the fender and about high do you think it sits off the ground?

Quick Reply: Fujita intake