Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Aftermarket downpipe/ Emissions testing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Aftermarket downpipe/ Emissions testing?

Has anyone with an aftermarket downpipe gone for an emissions test yet? I have to go this week and I'm wondering if I can leave my downpipe on or if I should put the stock pipe back on. I read in one of the threads that the Fit may pass emissions without the cat because it is a low emissions vehichle to begin with and the Megan downpipe has a resonator that looks like a cat so it would probably pass a visual inspection. Just wondering if anyone has actually tried yet, I don't really want to be a guinea pig on this one. Thanks.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Do they test your emissions thru the tail pipe or thru the obd port??If its thru the obd port your ok.The tail pipe testing may fair differently.I had the same Issue with my turbo gsr! Tricking the system was easy when you use a diff. vehicle as a hook up and use the gsr vin#..SHH thats a secret and cant be done on the new cars the vin is coded in the ecu

Old 05-29-2007, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by H8TON
Do they test your emissions thru the tail pipe or thru the obd port??If its thru the obd port your ok.The tail pipe testing may fair differently.I had the same Issue with my turbo gsr! Tricking the system was easy when you use a diff. vehicle as a hook up and use the gsr vin#..SHH thats a secret and cant be done on the new cars the vin is coded in the ecu
I am not positive, but around here,(PA), I think they do both. At least thats what it looked like last time I watched them do my Audi.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Well with the tail pipe testing and you have full exhaust it could show you are pushing to much emissions from the vehicle,ran into this issue with a friend of mine,they done do it in my city they just hook ours up to the ecu.Which still sux. Just give it a go with the exhaust on,worst they can do is fail you and you can go home and change out the exhaust back to stock!!