Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

La-gd4??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
La-gd4??

There has been alot of talk about the performance abilities of the Honda Fit and what it can and cant do. This is a honest question in regards to the LA-GD4 . What I want to know is if it can be swapped into the LA-GD3 and what would need to be done to make it work. Another question I have is for those who have the resources to find out is if you can get the AWD package as a
manual transmission. I am aware the car is sold in Japan ..can someone help me on this please. Thank you

Old 05-23-2007, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
..??

Well I was hoping someone would have any information but I guess it wouldnt be wrong to assume no one has thought of that or even cares to take up the idea. K20 swap seems to be the dominante idea ...

Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I have posted several times in an effort to see if anyone knows where to start looking for jdm drivetrain parts for the GD4. I believe it is very possible to convert to 4wd(not awd) but it might take some custom fabrication to the floor pan in the back to make a clearance for the axle. The GD4 has a totally different chassis, so any modifications to make the suspension fit would probably be all custom, but I still want to know what parts that come from honda that are a direct bolt on. It might be more than I think.

and no all jdm fits are automatic, but I am sure the drivetrain to the rear axle would be easily modified to attach to a manual

Old 05-24-2007, 09:27 AM
he's right. and the AWD of the GD4 doesnt perform like the subies or the evos Its not the AWD that you think it is

Old 06-12-2007, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you for the information.. I guess what I really wanted to know what the difference between the chassis... I wanted to find out if the entire drivetrain could be dropped in.. suspension and brakes included . What I was looking at was how The AWD still ways about the same if not less than the USDM fit ... Im sure it would not be like the EVO or STI's but then again .. no one has clear and consise answers... It might be better in a lighter chassis .. what if its Honda SH-AWD system in the fit... to me that would be the ultimate combination.I would give up some USDM packaging to be lighter and still have AWD ... But that is something that will remain a mystery for the many on this side of the Ocean..

Old 06-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by jits14
I have posted several times in an effort to see if anyone knows where to start looking for jdm drivetrain parts for the GD4. I believe it is very possible to convert to 4wd(not awd) but it might take some custom fabrication to the floor pan in the back to make a clearance for the axle. The GD4 has a totally different chassis, so any modifications to make the suspension fit would probably be all custom, but I still want to know what parts that come from honda that are a direct bolt on. It might be more than I think.

and no all jdm fits are automatic, but I am sure the drivetrain to the rear axle would be easily modified to attach to a manual
All JDM Fits are not auto's just nearly all of them!!! From 2005 Model year onwards they had 5speed too.

Al.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by p11wrg
All JDM Fits are not auto's just nearly all of them!!! From 2005 Model year onwards they had 5speed too.

Al.
I just wanted to make sure that the LA-GD4 came in manual as well.. I know the rest of the Jazz/Fit inventory had manuals but the only one im concerned with is the AWD version. Thank you for the information ;3

Old 06-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Sisaro
I just wanted to make sure that the LA-GD4 came in manual as well.. I know the rest of the Jazz/Fit inventory had manuals but the only one im concerned with is the AWD version. Thank you for the information ;3
Just to mention again, it is not all-wheel drive(AWD) it is (4WD) like the old 88-91 civic wagons. More mini 4WD truck, than AWD ralliart colt or SH-AWD.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Would it be possible to change a US bought fit to 4wd?

???????????????????????????

Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
whew! anything is possible if you throw enough money at it ...but... gulp

Get a spare set of wheels with dedicated snowtires. Tire rack has a Pirelli winter tire that can even be studded, which I might do.

A limited slip could be considered as well. Winter tires these days are freaking amazing. I snowmobile up in the upper peninsula of Michigan and honestly my Maxima with winter tires is pretty close to our AWD Murano with stock all season tires. The Lake Superior snow belt is a true test, believe me!

Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
I dunno, i think you would have to go k series with a crv tranny. an that tranny will deff not fit under the fit's hood.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:37 AM
im pretty sure it could be done, but it would most likley require a near complete donor car to ensure you have all the parts you need.( tranny,axles/shafts,suspension,ecu? etc etc).The real question is how much for a wrecked JDM 4WD Fit shipped to your door