Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

aspec cai

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:28 PM
aspec cai

hello out there, trying to get a good cai intake for the fit .. just wanted to know if anyone has an aspec cai and if so do u feel a differece , how does it sound ...i have seen the ones from aem but theres no info on them as far as power goes ...just trying to get some feedback on this aspec cai thanks ....

Old 05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm interested in that intake as well. I've heard sound clips (not really accurate, but the best we can get) and it sounds really nice. I liked it. The only thing that puts me off is how cheap it is. Weird, i know, but I've always gone by the rule "you get what you pay for." Guess I shouldnt knock it, though. Maybe someone who has one can chime in on this?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
To me, an intake is a tube with a filter. All it really does is to relocate it to a different location which draws cooler air. I currently have the Aspec intake, I love the way it looks, blends in really well with the engine bay (thanks to the black finish). The sound of it is just amazing! It sounds like a Honda now! Trust me, you won't be disappointed with the sound of it. As for performance, you'll feel a little bit in the upper ends, but to me, an intake is just for sound. Any performance gain that you feel, its an added bonus. (This way, you won't be disappointed if you don't feel anything :P) As for performance diffference between the different intakes, I doubt there will be much of a difference. They all avg 'about' 5whp gain on a dyno chart....

Old 05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
nickster

got any pics of the intake in your car

Old 05-22-2007, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
You can check out the following link for more info/pics!
Toronto Fit Club Forum - DIY Intake install!

Old 05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
I have the ASpec as well and love it. I have more sound from the intake than the ASpec axle-back, I believe. It's got a nice throaty growl to it when you get above 3K...and especially when the VTEC engages. Very very nice.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
I had the Aspec CAI, and I just installed the Fujita CAI. They are two very different animals.

For sound... Aspec ALL THE WAY! That thing just screaaaams!! Its Beautiful!

But for Performance? the Fujita beats it for sure. Revs much faster and it feels like it pulls harder too! But, i miss the sound of the Aspec.

Now, I don't know which intake to choose

I should also add that install of the Aspec was very very very simple, where as for the Fujita, it was quite a pain in the arse.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Well I just installed my Aspec Intake and Axle-back the other day, and I love it! At first I just had the exhaust on (started raining, and I dont have a garage), and I was less than thrilled. It sounded waay louder than I had anticipated. After a few days, the exhaust quieted down, and once I had the intake on it sounds a lot better. The two really compliment each other sound wise, and I can definitely tell a difference in throttle response and willingness to rev past 5K. Before it didnt make any noise at all, now it sounds like a weed-eater gone to college in new orleans. Kinda like it just might pop open and eat you like in the commercials. Also, the intake was WAY easy to get on. It took me longer to get the airbox OFF than to get the intake ON.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
Well I just installed my Aspec Intake and Axle-back the other day, and I love it! At first I just had the exhaust on (started raining, and I dont have a garage), and I was less than thrilled. It sounded waay louder than I had anticipated. After a few days, the exhaust quieted down, and once I had the intake on it sounds a lot better. The two really compliment each other sound wise, and I can definitely tell a difference in throttle response and willingness to rev past 5K. Before it didnt make any noise at all, now it sounds like a weed-eater gone to college in new orleans. Kinda like it just might pop open and eat you like in the commercials. Also, the intake was WAY easy to get on. It took me longer to get the airbox OFF than to get the intake ON.
your post was very informative. I've heard the aspec was decently quiet.. you thought it was pretty loud? How is the combo of the two on the highway? crusing at say 70mph 3400RPM? Too loud where you have to crank the radio or is it pretty quiet? This is very important to me, thanks.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
I've noticed that it gets the loudest in the 2200-2700 rpm band...exhaust I mean. Both are not too loud at all. PM me and if you're in the city sometime, I'll meet up with you and let you hear it in person.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Well, now that it's been on there a couple of days, it doesnt seem nearly as bad as it seemed at first. Maybe I'm just getting used to it, though. It's definitely obvious by the sound that you have an aftermarket exhaust, but its not nearly as obnoxious as some. If you know how to modulate the throttle correctly and dont goose it then it stays reasonably quiet, enough so that you wouldnt hear it if you had the radio on.

On the highway, I can hear a humm/drone that I didnt hear before, but it's not obnoxious (I drive 45 minutes on the highway twice a day, so it could easily get on my nerves). Cruising at 70-75, I can't hear it if I have the radio on at all. If I accelerate, though, it comes to life and is reasonably audible, but it shuts up as soon as you hit cruising speed.

Oh, and +1 to BigBadMadMan. Definitely audible under light load in the middle 2000's.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
I've noticed that it gets the loudest in the 2200-2700 rpm band...exhaust I mean. Both are not too loud at all. PM me and if you're in the city sometime, I'll meet up with you and let you hear it in person.

awesome, that is something I could do. I'm thinking about getting that combo so yeah =) When I drive into KC sometime I'll be sure to let you know.

btw, Thanks potato!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Anytime!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
Ya, I've noticed it most in that range...and especially in 4th for some reason. It's obvious that it's not a stock exhaust but NOWHERE near being as obnoxious as most fart-can universal exhausts. And the funny thing is that at a low idle when the car is warm, the thing is whisper-quiet...almost can't hear it at all!