Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

FIT/JAZZ Supercharging Open Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Intercooler

Sorry, it makes no sense to have a turbo / supercharged setup with no INTERCOOLER. The temps from the turbo and supercharger are insane! IMO....you need a intercooler, of course with proper ecu tuning and minor bolt on's.

Da Fitz...

Old 09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Sorry, it makes no sense to have a turbo / supercharged setup with no INTERCOOLER. The temps from the turbo and supercharger are insane! IMO....you need a intercooler, of course with proper ecu tuning and minor bolt on's.

Da Fitz...
it makes perfect sense. If your car doesnt run hot you dont need it. My car Basically runs at the same temp as STOCK. Many setups on mustangs dont require intercoolers. Of course you can always put it on, but like the saying says "If it aint broke dont fix it" Turbos and roots superchargers do put off alot of heat, but centrifugal ones put off less heat, the rotrex producing very little heat.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i agree with chris. u get forced induction for more power and that's what you get, with or without the intercooler. so it still makes sense.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster

Da Fitz...
superchargers are not totally dependent on intercooling. the blower does not heat up as much as a turbo would. Its sucking up ambient air a lot faster, whereas a turbo sits on the exhaust manifold soaking heat.

it makes perfect sense.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
hey jdmchris what type of fuel injectors are u using now that u have a sc

Old 09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Smile Intercooler

I disagree. Two cars same setup, ecu tuned, basic bolt on's. The intercooled car will run cooler and should win. (Driver Variable)

Da Fitz...

Old 09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I disagree. Two cars same setup, ecu tuned, basic bolt on's. The intercooled car will run cooler and should win. (Driver Variable)

Da Fitz...
this is not what we were discussing. You said you NEED a intercooler cause of the INSANE heat. I was simply saying you DONT need one and especially with my setup.. im running almost OEM temp because little heat is given off. BTW the intercooler wont make that dramatic of a difference.

your comparison is like saying you get 2 of the same cars, one has a SRI ... one has a CAI. the one with the CAI will run cooler and should win. now i dont know about you, but i ran my buddy who had a CAI and i had a stock airbox, and I pulled on him(s2000). This was from a roll so there was no driver variable.

on High heat turbo setups or supercharger setups, yes you need it. for a 5psi low heat setup... you dont.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
It all depends on the boost pressure. Most of the intake temperature increase is caused by increasing the pressure. For low pressure, 5 Lbs. or less of boost, an intercooler isn't necessary, but will give you more peak power. For anything much above 5 Lbs an intercooler is just about a must have. Whether it's supercharging (rotary or lobed type) or turbocharging doesn't really matter as far as temperature goes. Sure, turbos will make a bit more heat, due to the impeller being right next to the exhaust turbine, but 90% (or more) of the heat is caused by the increase in pressure.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Talking Agreed

I agree with the above statement! Very well put.....basically the point I was trying to get across. And of course it is all in good conversation JDMCHRIS.

Da Fitz...

Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Hey chris, do you know how much the temp increase would be relative stock with the 10psi kit?

Old 09-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
im not sure, i dont think it would be much different, if any at all than with my 5psi kit since Tha Jacksons run theors without a IC as well.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:48 PM
with the jrsc, will they come with ecu? em?
or just the supercharger....

and how about mugen? i think they have a supercharger..

i don't want to buy any supercharger without ecu support...

because i think these cars run only one fuel map? i dunno... not too sure whats gonna happen if u suddenly force 5lbs of air...

Old 09-27-2007, 06:59 PM
nvm. i just answered my own question.. teehee

Old 09-27-2007, 09:04 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
yes they come with the "supercard" its a EM. Works awesome

Old 10-09-2007, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys. All this tech talk is great - but what it's come down to for me anyway is that I want to get the jackson racing 5psi kit. JDMChris or anyone for that matter - how/where do you purchase it?

I'm more familiar with turbocharging setups (my friends and I swapped a KA24 out and dropped in a sr20det in a 240, another we upgraded the turbo system of a 94 talon tsi awd (fmi, bigger turbo, piping, etc.) so in terms of work what would I GENERALLY speaking be looking at - is supercharger (ex. JR's kit) installation DIY material for a moderately experienced grease monkey like myself or am I looking at professional install costs along with the kit prices? Obviously tuning would need to be done professionally but is this a DIY?

Anyone who can provide me some info about purchasing/installing that'd be great.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:57 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Kit will be released in December. You can handle installing it. You shouldnt need to tune anything when you get the kit. Simply install and go.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Will this Supercharge Kit be made only for manual transmission? As behalf of many other automatic Fit owners, I don't want to be left out. It feels very lonely!

I don't know if this is the right time and place to ask but how much in price will this kit cost whenever it becomes available?

Old 10-09-2007, 08:36 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
There will be one for Autos. Kit has no price as of yet.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Thanks Chris! Availability is good enough to know.

You're the man with 411!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Total Horse Power

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone has installed a turbo/supercharger in their FIT? How much of a horse power gain you can get from installing turbo/supercharger?

Quick Reply: FIT/JAZZ Supercharging Open Discussion