Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K20 with air conditioning/automatic

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by CPTate
I just switched to an auto Fit from a 6-speed Matrix XRS because of a torn ACL and Meniscus in my left (clutch) leg. I much prefer the stick, but cannot drive one much. That is why I would be okay having one for my "project" car, but not as my driver. The paddle shifters are actually one of the reasons I chose the Fit, trying to still have some of the fun of shifting manually.
Sorry if i came down hard on you, bro. Thought I was talking to some kid whos too lazy to learn how to drive a stick, that's all.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
yup, look at the long and recent list of recalls of 00-03 TL/CL/Accord/CRV auto transmissions.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
k20 auto fit

Going to cost me a pretty penny. I am going turbo now also, all in one shot, cheaper that way than deciding to do it later. Everything is custom. Custom engine brackets, motor mounts, transmission mounts, drive shaft, axles, headers, turbo intake manifold, downpipe, exhaust piping, t3/t4 garrett ball bearing turbo, spearco intercooler , intercooler piping, going to install 4 mounts with a cross brace now instead of 3 mounts to handle the exessive horsepower its going to push, fuel management system, hondata going to flash my ecu, custom air intake, and so on and so on. Its all going to come out to about to 15 grand or more. But its all going to be worth it at the end. One of the first and only automatic shift paddle shifter turbo k-20 fit in cali. Its going to smoke my 600hp 2jzgte lexus soarer. My fit is going to be real unique. Thier is a price tag in making your honda standing out from others out thier. Not something real common that anyone can do out thier. Just buying motormounts and installing a motor. Thanks you guys out thier for all your support. I will keep u updated. It should be all done and tuned in about 3 months at the latest.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
wait so Hondata is going to be doing ALL of the tuning correct? if so, GOOD!!! do not tune it any other way. are they going to be flashing your rsx ecu or Fit ecu? i'm just curious on how Hondata wants to approach this b/c the only way to tune a k20 with precision is via K-Pro. If they reflash it, you may/may not have the lean/overboost protections b/c the automatic ecus do not have enough memory to accept large programming.

but i'm telling you ahead of time, that stock auto trans will slip like a mofo with all the power. you will need to shift in vaccum. i also have a boosted automatic k20, but have a built race trans.

btw, do you mean turbo EXHAUST manifold?? which one are you going with?

one bone to pick is that spending all this money, you might be disappointed in the end. It will be hard to squeeze 300+whp out of a k20a3 reliably, even if you could, the counterbalanced crank will not last. why not just go ahead and use the k20a2 type-s motor/trans? they can go up to 500whp reliably on stock motor with ease. Being a pioneer is one thing, but you may not like the results in the end. Trust me, i would know.

But since you already started, might as well make the best of it. 250whp will be damn fast in a Fit regardless. Get a trans cooler and Amsoil synthetic ATF.

GL with the project!! keep us updated and PROVIDE PICSSS!!!