Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Defective Header? *Read my rant*

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
I contacted Megan Racing and they are sending me a new header...I told them everything, so we'll see what happens. I wish I had money for a $500+ header...but for the gains I cant see paying that.

Ditto, $500+ is 2+ car payements!

-Tomi

Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Fingers crossed for you that the new header is better, but I'm thinking you're gonna get more of the same later down the road. $500+ may seem like a lot for a part, but you're not just paying for gains, you're paying for someone's time and effort used to make/design the part right, plus not having to waste your time going back and forth getting a bad part fixed/replaced. I mean, how much is your time worth? I know if I miss a day of work due to not being able to use my car b/c of a bad part, I've just lost more money than I saved by buying the cheap part.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
I contacted Megan Racing and they are sending me a new header...I told them everything, so we'll see what happens. I wish I had money for a $500+ header...but for the gains I cant see paying that.
Same here!

I got my Megan through the mail yesterday and did the water leak test: all joints seemed good. I will do the install in 2 weeks. I am confident!

Question: Why is it classified a 4-2-1? Except for their lenghts, which are paired, all 4 pipes murge equally into one symetric collector...

Old 02-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
WTF, why do I have to send my header out for a "test". Its freakin leaking.... Ill make a vid if you all want. Hahaaa

Old 02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chikubi
Fingers crossed for you that the new header is better, but I'm thinking you're gonna get more of the same later down the road. $500+ may seem like a lot for a part, but you're not just paying for gains, you're paying for someone's time and effort used to make/design the part right, plus not having to waste your time going back and forth getting a bad part fixed/replaced. I mean, how much is your time worth? I know if I miss a day of work due to not being able to use my car b/c of a bad part, I've just lost more money than I saved by buying the cheap part.
Ditto on that note! Hope Megan fixes your problem. I went with mugen and have no regrets.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I know if I miss a day of work due to not being able to use my car b/c of a bad part, I've just lost more money than I saved by buying the cheap part.
Only difference there is install my parts AT work. Hehee.
Im a tech at a Dodge/Jeep dealership.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Only difference there is install my parts AT work. Hehee.
Im a tech at a Dodge/Jeep dealership.
Heh, cheater. You got me beat there. Just curious, what do they think at work when you roll the Fit in? I would think that'd be like working for the enemy or something.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Heh, cheater. You got me beat there. Just curious, what do they think at work when you roll the Fit in? I would think that'd be like working for the enemy or something.
They actually all like it. People normally crowd around it. Point at the little motor. A few mangers call it my roller skate, or a Target cart. And my friends RSX a Walmart cart.
I was actually thinking of getting some magnetic shoelaces.

Other than that; they love it.

Back on topic. I HATE THIS HEADER!!! Sounds so horrible. When the AC compressor kicks on it whistles. Ughh!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
To add on the topic of quality, if any of you decide to take off your header and sell it dont expect to get much from a cheap ebay-ish part. But quality parts like mugen and spoon will always fetch top dollar no matter how old it is. Either J's racing or Mugen for me but I just dont know which...

Old 02-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I asked for my money back. I highly doubt that I'll get it back.
I'll pay for shipping back to their shop; I just dont want this header anymore.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
I asked for my money back. I highly doubt that I'll get it back.
I'll pay for shipping back to their shop; I just dont want this header anymore.
I'm thinkin' you made the right choice there. Also curious to see what they'll do.

And aside from the annoyance of the way it sounds, having exhaust gas pouring out of the leaks is just plain dangerous too. CO is not a gas to mess with, especially with windows rolled up from winter or when using the aircon and exhaust leaking so close to the outside air vents.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:33 AM
HONESTLY! megan sucks balls =)
friend bought a header for his 99 civic and omg. . does it sound like a fart can! it made his car look shittier! it's cheap cause of it's not great quality of material and work! hope you get your money back cause i would hate to have any of there parts!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
I dont know that everything they make is crap. I got their coilovers and they are really nice, and the ride is great...

Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
that isn't right. if their customer service is even worth $1, they will arrange to have the header picked up. You shouldn't have to pay .10 to send anything defective back to them. if a customer calls us and says ANYTHING is wrong with one of our wheels, we call DHL and have it scheduled for pick up. it's not the customers fault they were sold a defective product. Who is the vendor?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Vendor is Modacar; bought the header from aallbbeerrtttttt.

I IMed him last night, he didnt answer. I dont know if he wasnt at his computer or not? I sent them an PM yesterday, still havent got any word back. I'll wait till Monday till I start to worry and get angry.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Vendor is Modacar; bought the header from aallbbeerrtttttt.

I IMed him last night, he didnt answer. I dont know if he wasnt at his computer or not? I sent them an PM yesterday, still havent got any word back. I'll wait till Monday till I start to worry and get angry.

send it back, get your money back, and get the T1R turbo kit... =)

Old 02-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
As much as I want to turbo my Fit, I bought her as a daily. My Mx6 is the "fast car."
I want the AJRacing header.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I finally talked to Albert today. He claimed they sent out a new header when I mentioned me wanted my money back. When I asked for a tracking number he said that he was going to call Steve at MR. I had to leave for work and I asked him to leave the tracking number in my IM window.

I come home, no tracking number. Bullshit... I want my money back.

Im going to leave Modacar with a bad name till I get my money back. I dont want a new header.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I also did a water test on my header and just like everyone else, i had a leak at the o2 sensor connector. Since i'm a mechanic, i just welded it myself with my MIG welder. (I didnt' want to go through what you're going throuhg!!)

Old 02-06-2007, 04:01 AM
looks like someone has poor customer service!!
dang hope you get your money back dude! forget getting that header . . . just save up and get t1r or something =)

Quick Reply: Defective Header? *Read my rant*